Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Hmmm. Honestly, I'm disappointed. Sounds like a George Lucas title. That said, if the film's good I don't care.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Well, the title could be better but it's the least of my concerns after just having recently watched MoS. They have a lot of work to do to redeem themselves but this cast has potential so I will remain hopeful.
    Superman V. Batman: Dawn Of Justice. Or SvB: DoJ. I don't know, man. "Dawn Of Justice" kinda sounds like a KKK propoganda film. Is Bruce Wayne even awake at dawn? This makes no sense.
    Can't say i am blown away by the title, though if the film is great the title will be great.
    'Dawn of Justice.

Well then. Okay.

I would call it a pun or play on words, but “dawn of justice” has absolutely zero idiomatic meaning. It’s gibberish. So the only meaning that can be ascertained is that it’s the beginning of the Justice League, featuring all sorts of awesome superheroes and Aquaman.

It sounds like they may have used the Transformers marketing team to establish this thing. Just terrible.

But fortunately, everyone is on board with Ben Affleck as Batman, so at least there’s that.

“Dawn of Justice.”

Sheesh.'

Quote from the fanboys of amercia.

i think it'll be a great movie thanks to our Henry but boo to Affleck, crazy casting, just crazy.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I'm worried we're going to have yet another lifeless city though, with this evacuation idea. With Arkham City fair enough, it made sense (it is a prison city after all) but one of the reasons I didn't bother completing Arkham Origins is that the city was just so lifeless and their excuse for it was so poor (it's snowing outside so NOBODY would be out there apart from Batman and the criminals? Not a single car driving somewhere? Really?). They seem to have a decent story reason for it this time but still, you'd think as this is the fourth game, they'd have managed to make a proper massive, living city by now. Assassin's Creed does it every year.

I think while City was the most fun to play, Asylum is still my favourite of these games. I just loved the whole Die Hard scenario: one guy trapped in one location facing a ton of bad guys, and there was a really dark, creepy atmosphere with deranged inmates screaming their heads off, blood soaked corridors, etc, that I thought was lost in the sequels.

I 100% agree with you! I didn't beat Arkham Origins either, I got bored with it. I felt like it was more or less the previous game but with a slightly bigger city to run around in.
    My hope is the city will feel alive in the next installment with people walking around and cars moving on the streets. I want random criminal acts to happen around the city and stop them if I so choose.

Very NSFW but worth it:

For the most part I agree with that list but I thought Watchmen was great and I did enjoy Constantine, never read the comics of either one.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2014 Posts: 28,694
    I'm worried we're going to have yet another lifeless city though, with this evacuation idea. With Arkham City fair enough, it made sense (it is a prison city after all) but one of the reasons I didn't bother completing Arkham Origins is that the city was just so lifeless and their excuse for it was so poor (it's snowing outside so NOBODY would be out there apart from Batman and the criminals? Not a single car driving somewhere? Really?). They seem to have a decent story reason for it this time but still, you'd think as this is the fourth game, they'd have managed to make a proper massive, living city by now. Assassin's Creed does it every year.

I think while City was the most fun to play, Asylum is still my favourite of these games. I just loved the whole Die Hard scenario: one guy trapped in one location facing a ton of bad guys, and there was a really dark, creepy atmosphere with deranged inmates screaming their heads off, blood soaked corridors, etc, that I thought was lost in the sequels.

I 100% agree with you! I didn't beat Arkham Origins either, I got bored with it. I felt like it was more or less the previous game but with a slightly bigger city to run around in.
    My hope is the city will feel alive in the next installment with people walking around and cars moving on the streets. I want random criminal acts to happen around the city and stop them if I so choose.

Sorry to say, but with the city being evacuated in this new game there likely won't be anyone but henchmen around. Still, a city doesn't need people around it to feel alive.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So the only meaning that can be ascertained is that it’s the beginning of the Justice League, featuring all sorts of awesome superheroes and Aquaman.

I have nothing but praise for this sentence.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So the only meaning that can be ascertained is that it’s the beginning of the Justice League, featuring all sorts of awesome superheroes and Aquaman.

I have nothing but praise for this sentence.

aquaman-problems-meme.jpg

aquaman-able-to-fly-underwater.jpg

aquaman-to-the-rescue_o_954224.jpg
    1780867_743379375695407_1377680085_n.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    haha that's awesome :))
    1780867_743379375695407_1377680085_n.jpg

=)) You never ever let us down Willy! :-bd
    I have loads of images of men with pussies smothering their faces...let me just dig'em out.

I have loads of images of men with pussies smothering their faces...let me just dig'em out.

I don't doubt it. ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Kevin Smith says 'Batman v Superman' will set up a five or six film 'Justice League' story:

http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-v-superman-justice-league-kevin-smith/
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Currently watching the one that did it first:

Batman_superman_movie.png
    Lol I love when Joker called Lex 'Mr Clean'. That was a good movie
    My favorite part is when Batman throws Superman into a table. And any time the Joker is on screen. I've only come to appreciate Mark Hamill's Joker more and more over the years, when I thought I'd lose interest in it as I got older.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 1,310
    Why keep the 'Batman v Superman'?? Jeez, it makes it sound like some crap B-movie Alien vs Predator thing.

Dawn of Justice is plain, yes, but certainly good enough without that crap 'versus' thing.
    SJK91 wrote:
    Why keep the 'Batman v Superman'?? Jeez, it makes it sound like some crap B-movie Alien vs Predator thing.

Because that's what's going to put butts in seats.
    Yeah, I don't know about the second one, but two days after opening, I was one of exactly seven people watching AVP in theaters.
    They should have called it world's finest.

this looks much better, check out wonderwoman's little quip about batman's suit lol:

I'm glad to see something other than Lego Star Wars made it to 3 (still wantin' that Lego Marvel/DC game that the rest of the fans want, though). I also loved the Lego Movie reference.
    Yeah, I don't know about the second one, but two days after opening, I was one of exactly seven people watching AVP in theaters.

I was probably right there with you and didn't even realize. I was young, so of course I enjoyed the hell out of that movie.
    This is gonna be an amazing movie Affleck is perfect!!!!
    I dunno...maybe its time to hang up the red cape. Superman was fine with Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, etc (the first two films) and judging from the lackluster interest in Man Of Steel...I think the world has moved on as far as Superman is concerned.

They tried to reenergize him with Brandon Roth. The production team was very serious and committed and the film had a couple of decent moments but it crashed and burned.
    Over the years my interest has wanned.

As for the Caped Crusader, the Nolan films should have closed the chapter on him for now, IMHO.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,474
    I don't think this has been posted, but it's a leak that appears to be a statue or a mold of Superman's costume from the film:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=100857

Also, might Emily Blunt be in the film?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=101160
    You know, part of me can't help but feel a little bad for Henry Cavill.
    I almost wish he got a stand alone with another famous villain before throwing Batman into the mix....
    Brainiac is like the next most famous villain after Lex Luthor, and they've NEVER used him!

batman-vs-superman-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-twitter-reactions-memes-05_zpse8ijm1fi.jpg
    G*ddammit, I don't remember what episode that's from!
    What I posted a week ago was, in fact, a Superman statue being used for the film. You can see it on set here:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=101600