Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Just stumbled across this in the news. Interesting choice here. I have no problem with Affleck, looking forward to seeing what he can do with the role.

BTW who else has played both Marvel and DC superheroes?
    QBranch wrote:
    Just stumbled across this in the news. Interesting choice here. I have no problem with Affleck, looking forward to seeing what he can do with the role.

Ryan Reynolds :-) Deadpool and then green lantern. Not sure if his character in Blade 3 is of any note in marvel universe.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Sorry double post.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    QBranch wrote:
    I like Affleck, I think he'll do great as Wayne/Batman. :)>-
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I will reserve my judgement until I see the finished product but I remain skeptical. It's going to be difficult to see Batman and not Ben Affleck in a Batman suit. Perhaps even more difficult for Bruce Wayne.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    He should be directing, I don't like the idea of Ben Affleck acting, in anything to be honest, one bit. We'll see how it goes but for now, I don't find a lot of good in this next film.
    I've never rated Affleck in any films i have seen him in.
    In fact if i see he is in the cast list it makes me reluctant to watch it.

I'm not up to date with Batman but can someone tell me why Christian Bale hasnt been cast for it ? (2 British actors fighting it out !!) .

Batman has had SO many different actors play him,so surely continuity with Bale is the right thing to do ?
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Christian Bale was only ever to do the trilogy of films with Nolan. They're their own separate thing and stand on their own. He was never going to return and said as much during promotion of the last film.

This new film is the second in the DC Universe, so a whole new cast is needed.
    "Batman and Robin's Reaction to Ben Affleck News"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Christian Bale was only ever to do the trilogy of films with Nolan. They're their own separate thing and stand on their own. He was never going to return and said as much during promotion of the last film.

Aaah i see...thanks for that Samuel .

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QBranch wrote:

Ryan Reynolds :-) Deadpool and then green lantern. Not sure if his character in Blade 3 is of any note in marvel universe.

Who else has played both Superman and Batman?! Ben is now in his own exclusive club.

I think he will be fantastic looking in the suit, as Ben has a very Batman-esque chin and can make a brilliant playboy Wayne.
    barryt007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

If you've seen those films, you'll know they tell a 'complete' story. That will make much more sense if you've watched them. I don't want to spoil it if you haven't.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

If you've seen those films, you'll know they tell a 'complete' story. That will make much more sense if you've watched them. I don't want to spoil it if you haven't.

Actually you can advise me on this...i've only seen the 1st one but the 3rd is on Sky Movies at the moment...should i watch them in order or doesnt it matter ?

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    barryt007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Actually you can advise me on this...i've only seen the 1st one but the 3rd is on Sky Movies at the moment...should i watch them in order or doesnt it matter ?

You should definitely watch this trilogy in order, yes. They are all connected one to the other and go very much full circle.
    barryt007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

You need to watch them in order. The second links to the first and third to both the previous films.

It's out now for £20, if you're in the UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Copy/dp/B008JARESY
    Bloody hell that was close,i was going to watch the 3rd one over the weekend.Thanks for the heads up,peeps.
    I will wait until the 2nd one comes around !!
    If you liked Batman Begins, see if you can buy the set somewhere.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Superman Vs Batman...or is it Batman VS Superman?
    Unsure right now which is annoying I was hoping we would get the title the actor playing batman and the release date but we got only 2 of the 3

I expect Villian news casting and title to be announced before December

Right now I am hoping for Luthor And Man-Bat it would be cool Luthor and Langstrum create the man bat formula batman hears reports and investigates it in metropolis superman thinks Batman is Man Bat they right superman realizes they aren't the same they team up and fight Luthor and man bat
    I've never liked Affleck and I see this only as bad news... And it is too soon to see a new Batman, in my opinion.
    0013 wrote:
    I've never liked Affleck and I see this only as bad news... And it is too soon to see a new Batman, in my opinion.
    Well, let's look at it this way: it could be much, much, MUCH worse.
    0013 wrote:

how?
  • mnhettia wrote:
    0013 wrote:

how?

You could have George Clooney play batman....
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Isn't this nearly the same thing that happened with DC for Bond, and the Internet turned on him? Give it time and wait for him to be in the role.
    mnhettia wrote:
    0013 wrote:

how?

*We could have the bad acting, set design, scripts and more of the Schumacher era.
    *We could have a psycho Batman straight from the Burton films, with penguins firing missiles and everything.
    *These films could be made by people with no interest in the comics or passion for the characters (again, something Burton and Schumacher lacked).
    *We could have lower class B-movie/talentless heartthrobs playing Batman.
    *We could get yet another origin story instead of an already established Batman who has been crime-fighting for years like we will see in MoS2.
    *We could have a Batman film that connects to the Nolan films, causing massive confusion and questions about the continuity (thankfully we don't have to worry about this).
    *Two words: bat nipples.

I could go on, but I think you get the point...
    For me isn't because previous to Bond, Craig was a great actor already (Munich, Layer Cake, Road to Perdition, ecc.) but I don't think Affleck is at all good.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Isn't this nearly the same thing that happened with DC for Bond, and the Internet turned on him? Give it time and wait for him to be in the role.

Come on, can you really see him step into the shoes of Bale? Nope. Superman V Cheese.

Karl Urban all day long.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 40,468
    0013 wrote:
    For me isn't because previous to Bond, Craig was a great actor already (Munich, Layer Cake, Road to Perdition, ecc.) but I don't think Affleck is at all good.

I think he's a good actor. People keep focusing on the pre-comeback Affleck, like 'Daredevil' and 'Gigli.' I don't see how 'The Town' or 'Argo' isn't evidence enough.

@forgotmyusername, of course I would prefer Bale to return, but that isn't happening.
  • JrW_008JrW_008 The North
    Ben Affleck is a half decent actor, but not Batman in my eyes. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Affleck will do a great job. As an actor, he's improved a great deal over the years and I thought he was a decent daredevil but I think he'll be great. His casting now is great timing so he can get into shape courtesy of gym jones. He needs another 10 to 15lbs of muscle on top of the physique he had in The Town.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote:

Come on, can you really see him step into the shoes of Bale? Nope. Superman V Cheese.

Karl Urban all day long.

Bale IMO was an overrated batman. He was serviceable at best but I think based on his performance in AP he would have made a better joker even better than Ledger.