Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• doubleoego wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Isn't this nearly the same thing that happened with DC for Bond, and the Internet turned on him? Give it time and wait for him to be in the role.

Come on, can you really see him step into the shoes of Bale? Nope. Superman V Cheese.

Karl Urban all day long.

Bale IMO was an overrated batman. He was serviceable at best but I think based on his performance in AP he would have made a better joker even better than Ledger.

=))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    0013 wrote:
    For me isn't because previous to Bond, Craig was a great actor already (Munich, Layer Cake, Road to Perdition, ecc.) but I don't think Affleck is at all good.

I think he's a good actor. People keep focusing on the pre-comeback Affleck, like 'Daredevil' and 'Gigli.' I don't see how 'The Town' or 'Argo' isn't evidence enough.

And let's not forget Good Will Hunting. Can you say masterpiece?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    0013 wrote:
    For me isn't because previous to Bond, Craig was a great actor already (Munich, Layer Cake, Road to Perdition, ecc.) but I don't think Affleck is at all good.

I think he's a good actor. People keep focusing on the pre-comeback Affleck, like 'Daredevil' and 'Gigli.' I don't see how 'The Town' or 'Argo' isn't evidence enough.

Good thing that you touch it. Good Will Hunting is wonderfully written by Affleck and Damon. And one of the best things of it is that Affleck's role is minimal as I have a huge respect of him as a writer but not as an actor.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2013 Posts: 28,694
    This is honestly getting childish:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/fans-petition-warner-bros-remove-ben-affleck-batman-164352377.html

When you are asking the president of the United States to make it illegal for Ben to play any superhero role for "200 years", you need to get a life. These kinds of people make me ashamed to be alive sometimes.
    0013 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    0013 wrote:

Good thing that you touch it. Good Will Hunting is wonderfully written by Affleck and Damon. And one of the best things of it is that Affleck's role is minimal as I have a huge respect of him as a writer but not as an actor.

It was a lesser role, but no less significant to the film, and Ben did an excellent acting job in it.
    Maybe they'll set up a BAINB.COM website next... ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 40,465
    I'm a massive movie buff, but people that sit there and petition and do such childish things are big losers. Get a life. But, what's interesting these days is that if the Internet cries and bitches enough, then they tend to get what they want, ala Xbox One or the ending to 'Mass Effect 3.' Let's see how Affleck does. Everyone's tearing him a new one and the film isn't even going to be out for a few years. Plus, you know it will rake in the big bucks as usual.

I would bet all the money I'll ever make in life that out of all the die-hard people who are petitioning and writing the president and trash talking him to a pathetic degree, over 80% will still see it.

Plus, shouldn't it be about casting Bruce Wayne, not Batman? I can't believe people are saying that he isn't 'built' probably. Uhhh...it's called working out. That's like calling Henry Cavill in 'The Cold Light of Day' 'not built properly' for 'Man of Steel,' and look at how absolutely ripped he was in the film.

And with the incredible work Affleck has done in recent years, people really think he isn't going to go into this role and give it 110%? Give me a break.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It makes you wonder what a new Bond would be received like, in this new internet age. Someone, somewhere will not like a person's casting in a role and go to town with it. Now more than ever, it seems actors are up against it but let's face it, Affleck is a left field choice, I would have never guessed it would be him.
    Did not see that casting choice coming? Be interesting to see how it works out when the time comes?

With Bale out the picture? Eon should approach Bale about the MAIN VILLAIN role for Bond 24!!!! [-O<
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    People are saying Affleck isn't built enough? Bale wasn't exactly in ideal batman shape for TDK and TDKR and Affleck is a bigger guy than Bale is. On top of that, this is a Snyder movie we're talking about, he'll have Affleck under the training tutelage of gym jones as has been the case with 300, Dr.Manhattan fromWatchmen and of course MoS.
    I really hope he still gets to star in 'Gone Girl' and gets to direct/star in 'Live By Night.' I was really looking forward to both of those, but with the former, I'd prefer Fincher to do 'The Girl Who Played With Fire.'
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I do think Ben is a good actor, and I am looking forward to this.

People can go mental online; I expect a "BenNotBatman.com" website any moment to rear its ugly head.

I may just go rent Argo again this weekend, too. Very worthwhile.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Not sure if I'll be seeing this. I like the Batman films but I have no interest in Superman and I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder.

Affleck's a weird choice but he'll probably be good.
    Karl Urban (my choice)

I'd rather get more Judge Dredd films out of him. Sadly though that doesn't seem likely.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    ala Xbox One

I'd say that petition was a good thing. Now if I get the new xbox and my internets down for a few days I can still play it.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 40,465
    @thelivingroyale, oh, absolutely. Good and bad things can come out of people complaining on the Internet. I was most certainly one of those as soon as E3 was kicking up that XB1 information. Glad it changed something.

On topic, Affleck has already begun his workout for the role:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=108129
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 2,598
    I'm not crazy about this casting decision. I think that Josh Brolin would have been a great choice. When I watched Rodriguez's Planet Terror, I could really see Brolin in the role of Batman.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/josh-brolin1.jpg&amp;imgrefurl=http://collider.com/josh-brolin-oldboy-remake-labor-day-interview/&amp;h=275&amp;w=183&amp;sz=1&amp;tbnid=MAdN7ZJ4--0VfM:&amp;tbnh=186&amp;tbnw=123&amp;prev=/search?q=josh+brolin&tbm=isch&tbo=u&amp;zoom=1&amp;q=josh+brolin&amp;usg=__ApxMCd22OLFxfk4R8un1C67ie1E=&amp;docid=Uuh8VNHtV8ypnM&amp;itg=1&amp;sa=X&amp;ei=WOIXUrGhB6SFiAeHqYHwAw&amp;sqi=2&amp;ved=0CJQBEPwdMAs

Affleck has a good look for Bruce Wayne but I don't think he is entirely suited for Wayne's alter ego. Atleast he's not too old though and looks good for his age. Brolin is 45 and certainly looks older than Affleck. Presuming Affleck plays the role well, then due to the fact that he's younger and looks young for his age, it means he can stay in the role of Batman for longer. Obviously this is only a virtue though if he plays the role well. Still, would have preferred Brolin though.

Affleck certainly isn't a bad actor but I find him a bit on the bland side. Maybe I haven't seen him in enough movies though. I think he's a better director than he is an actor.
    @Bounine, which of Affleck's more recent roles have you seen? I thought he was fantastic in 'The Town,' and while I haven't seen 'Argo' in a long while, I thought he was pretty great in that, too.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Bounine, which of Affleck's more recent roles have you seen? I thought he was fantastic in 'The Town,' and while I haven't seen 'Argo' in a long while, I thought he was pretty great in that, too.

I don't think I've seen him in any recent roles or if I have then I don't remember. So, maybe I shouldn't be saying anything. I found him a bit on the bland side in some of his roles from a few years ago.

@Bounine, that's where his career was failing heavily, with roles like 'Daredevil' and 'Gigli.' Even after 'Daredevil,' Fox approached him to do a remake of it, somehow thinking that was a good idea. While it doesn't affect whether you'll think he will play a good Bruce Wayne/Batman, he directed a wonderful film called 'Gone Baby Gone,' starring his brother, and he was excellent in both 'The Town' and 'Argo.' Give those a shot if you're curious.
    Yeah, I'll hire out 'The Town'. It's on weekly hire as it's older. I have morals though when it comes to new and recent release DVD's as well as certain other things. 'Argo' falls into the latter category. The money isn't a problem but I just don't believe in paying this huge overpriced cost to see just one movie on a DVD that you get for one or two nights. I pay bigger dollars to go to the cinema as it's a great experience but I don't buy mere recent/new release DVD's on general principal. Will wait another year for 'Argo' to fall into the weekly hire category. :)
    @Bounine, even by then, you'll still manage to catch it before 'Batman vs. Superman' is out, which is good! :)

Of course, online is an alternate route to viewing the film...
    Oh yeah, I might be able to get free streaming. :)
    Bounine wrote:
    Oh yeah, I might be able to get free streaming. :)

Always a possibility! Works for me.
    I'll check out Gone Baby Gone too.
    I honestly believe no matter who was cast fans would of been pissed I have seen enough fan Manips of Affleck as batman to be a little excited by it curious who the villains are

Oh and former blofield himself Max Von Snydow is rumored for Alfred
    Risico007 wrote:
    I honestly believe no matter who was cast fans would of been pissed I have seen enough fan Manips of Affleck as batman to be a little excited by it curious who the villains are

Oh and former blofield himself Max Von Snydow is rumored for Alfred

That's true. No matter who they picked, someone would've been upset about it. Even if they kept Bale, those who hated him from the start would complain, or others would whine about them not spicing it up and changing the actor. You can't please everyone.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Really? You cannot rent Argo weekly yet? Here in Japan, I can.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Ben Affleck as Batman?

Sure.

After all, he was the bomb in Phantoms.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 645
    I think it is quite a shock for most people, but I'm on board to see where it goes.

But what if Ben Affleck was chosen for the next Bond, how you you all react then?? HA

And while I was speaking about Batman and Bond, I ran into this gem.
    Gives of a Bond / Roger Moore vibe I think, ha.

AdamWestGNvolume1.jpg
    jolearon wrote:
    And while I was speaking about Batman and Bond, I ran into this gem.
    Gives of a Bond / Roger Moore vibe I think, ha.

AdamWestGNvolume1.jpg

What is it? I don't see any image.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2013 Posts: 16,330
    jolearon wrote:
    I think it is quite a shock for most people, but I'm on board to see where it goes.

But what if Ben Affleck was chosen for the next Bond, how you you all react then?? HA

You posted this on the last page already.