Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Who else wants to see this Batman don the old black and grey suit (preferably with a big black bat on the front)?! While the armor idea has been cool since 1989, I want to see Batman break free from that and get closer to his roots.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 2,598
    I'm not keen on the original black and grey unless it's all rubber with armour maybe. None of the spandex though or whatever it is. If he does wear grey I wouldn't want to see him in it all the time though.
    I don't have any strong feelings either way when it comes to Affleck but the film doesn't interest me at all so far.

I like the Batman films but I have no interest in Superman, I don't like Zack Snyder and it seems from what I've read that Man Of Steel was pretty poor (although I haven't seen it so I can't fairly judge I suppose).

If this was just another Batman film, with someone other than Snyder directing, then I'd go and see it. But as it stands I think I'll most likely be giving this one a miss. I'll probably give it a watch when it's on Sky Premiere.

I have Assassin's Creed and Bond 24 to look forward too in 2015 anyway.

I'm not crazy about Snyder either. MOS seemed a bit too wishy washy for me what with the random flashbacks and all the CGI with an action scene at the end that seemed like it would never end.

I've never been a huge fan of superhero films but I love the Nolan Batman films because of the dark, realistic take Nolan took. I had been looking forward to MOS because it was done in the same vein but unfortunately it has other issues.

Hell, even the Nolan films could have done with a bit more detective work. My friend who reads the comics told me that Batman does a lot of detective work in these. It's something I would have liked to have seen more of. Still, this is mainstream Hollywood where we must have lots of action. At least the Nolan Bat films don't have too much of this. It's borderline.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well, it looks like Bryan Cranston may have been cast as Lex Luthor:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/24/bryan-cranston-confirmed-to-play-lex-luthor-in-batmanman-of-steel-3936111/

I haven't seen many major reportings of it - since it isn't confirmed, I guess - but a buddy told me about it and it popped up in a lot of Google searches.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well, it looks like Bryan Cranston may have been cast as Lex Luthor:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/24/bryan-cranston-confirmed-to-play-lex-luthor-in-batmanman-of-steel-3936111/

I haven't seen many major reportings of it - since it isn't confirmed, I guess - but a buddy told me about it and it popped up in a lot of Google searches.

Interesting, he played Gordon in the animated film Batman: Year One.
    Cranston will be confirmed after Breaking Bad is over. It's being reported by too many people not to be true. And the "big" sites like Deadline and Hollywood Reporter will report it after the show is over.
    My issue with Affleck is that he's, in my opinion, a very bad actor except when he's used minimally in a film (see Good Will Hunting, he's still the worst part of that film but it's still a decent part for him as he's in <20 minutes of the movie). It's not like with Craig as Bond, where the hate was ridiculous given Dan's capability as an actor; the complaints over Affleck carrying on a role perfected by Christian Bale are, in my opinion, genuine given the man's severe limitations as an actor.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bale hardly perfected the role. He did a good enough job though.
    I'm going to remain hopeful that Affleck does well in the role, particularly as he's signed a multi picture deal so he's going to be batman for a while.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 5,767
    Risico007 wrote:
    What should the Batman Superman movie be called?
    Don´t know if anyone has suggested this yet, but I think SUPERBAT would be an ample title.

Who else wants to see this Batman don the old black and grey suit (preferably with a big black bat on the front)?! While the armor idea has been cool since 1989, I want to see Batman break free from that and get closer to his roots.
    Most of all I wouldn´t mind him looking more fierce. The black army war suit idea was very clever in TDK. In TDKR it was fitting to the overall story that there was not one single moment where Batman looked fierce or scary. But now would be a good time for the caped crusader to look like one.

Affleck had one or two films where he really let loose, I´m not sure what it takes to make him act like that. In most of his films his face seems more like a log.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 23,586
    boldfinger wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    Don´t know if anyone has suggested this yet, but I think SUPERBAT would be an ample title.

That's very unlikely. They are currently omitting 'Superman' and 'Batman' from the titles. It's all about Man Of Steel and Dark Knight these days.

• It's probably going to have some sort of fanboy tease title like 'a league of their own'

But more than likely to be The Detective returns - not really - note to idiot troll.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Bryan Cranston is a brilliant actor. I'm worried he'll be a bit wasted in this movie but his involvement makes me feel a little bit more excited about it (still don't think I'll see it though).

DarthDimi wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

That's very unlikely. They are currently omitting 'Superman' and 'Batman' from the titles. It's all about Man Of Steel and Dark Knight these days.

Man of Knight it is then! ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Knight of Steel!
    or
    Dark Steel
    or
    The Dark Man of Steel returns at Knight
    or
    The Dark Man steels the Knight

boldfinger wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Knight of Steel!
    or
    Dark Steel
    or
    The Dark Man of Steel returns at Knight

That last one is just sublime :-)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Chap of Steel.
    Shardlake wrote:
    Chap of Steel.
    Wouldn´t that rather be Robin?

Oh, right, he would be The Dark Chap.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    boldfinger wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:
    Chap of Steel.

It was actually a joke, if you'd seen the Alan Partridge Alpha Papa teaser trailer you might have got it, sorry English humour.
    Shardlake wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:
    Chap of Steel.

It was actually a joke, if you'd seen the Alan Partridge Alpha Papa teaser trailer you might have got it, sorry English humour.
    I thought we were joking all along? I for my part was.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Steel Knight.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    How about Knights of Justice?
    Caped Knights
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    World's Finest.
    Maybe the title shouldn't even have a reference to Batman. It is after all a Man of Steel film. I wonder how much screen time they want to give Batman in this. Will his role be relatively minor or will he be on the screen just as often as Superman or near to it?
    Bounine wrote:
    Maybe the title shouldn't even have a reference to Batman. It is after all a Man of Steel film. I wonder how much screen time they want to give Batman in this. Will his role be relatively minor or will he be on the screen just as often as Superman or near to it?

I think that is where the film will eventually run into trouble. Batman's screentime may not live up to the hype (like Berenice in Skyfall), where he may get a more minor role than advertised. Considering they haven't written the film yet, this is a good question to ask of Snyder and co., but we will just have to see what happens.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I have confidence, fellas. I believe Goyer is part of the writing process and say what you will about him but the man darn well knows his comic books. There have been animated features with Batman and Superman both taking up equal measures of screen time. There have been comic books where they are both featured more or less in equilibrium. So the templates exist and the screenwriters have but to check out some of those to make it happen. Of course certain audiences are more accustomed to this than others so indeed, the marketing department will need to do one hell of a job to make people understand that Batman will be part of this film but that he won't be the film itself. That said, it may be a new thing for Batman but in a way, Avengers has given a piece of that whole ensemble thing already and audiences obviously swallowed it like sweet pie.
    Here is an interesting read about all the Batman films that never were, with references to this coming MoS sequel and a possible Justice League adventure down the road:

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/7-batman-films-that-didnt-make-the-cut.html/8/
    Here is an interesting read about all the Batman films that never were, with references to this coming MoS sequel and a possible Justice League adventure down the road:

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/7-batman-films-that-didnt-make-the-cut.html/8/
    Fascinating read indeed, thanks @0Brady!

For the creative minds involved those development stages must indeed be hell, however for me as a consumer, to read of all those ideas is immensely entertaining.

• Interestingly enough the press release which accompanied Bendevil's announcement did not mention that Nolan or his wife were EPs for the sups sequel.

Studios don't make mistakes like that do they?
    I am curious to see is it just a straight Superman/Batman mash up or is there going to be a greater threat that requires both there attention? In doing so will this kick start another 3 Batman films aside?