Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'd rather see a live-action version of "World's Finest", the three part episode of Superman: The Animated Series. Obviously with some padding.

I've read this script a while ago. It's an interesting read. Especially considering it's written by the same guy who wrote Batman and Robin. I'm not sure if it would have been a game changer, but it's entertaining. I hope the new script will have more depth
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 40,492
    I'm ready to see how Affleck does. He's gotten a lot of flak thus far, and I really hope he surprises us all, like Ledger with the Joker.
    Agreed as General audience members what kind of villains would you guys want for Batman vs Superman?
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Agreed as General audience members what kind of villains would you guys want for Batman vs Superman?

Metallo, Bizarro, Doomsday, Parasite, Hush, Wolverine, 'Planet Hulk' Hulk
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:

I think it's safe to say the bold ones will never happen. Except maybe in a Lego game.

I want Lex Luthor and the Joker.
  • Risico007 wrote:

I think it's safe to say the bold ones will never happen. Except maybe in a Lego game.

Lex Luthor is a given...Joker? See below Nsfw, the first 10 seconds

• Risico007 wrote:

Dr Strange, from the last Batman game. And Penguin, he hasn't been in a film for ages.

Don't really know any Superman villains. I don't read comics and I'm not interested in the character so I probably won't watch the films anytime soon.
    Personally either

Braniac and the Riddler (the idea of the Riddler being so cocky and causing Braniac to invade earth and almost causing Armageddon is intriguing to me)

or

Lex Luthor and Dr Kirk Langstom AKA Man-Bat
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:

Dr Strange, from the last Batman game. And Penguin, he hasn't been in a film for ages.

Don't really know any Superman villains. I don't read comics and I'm not interested in the character so I probably won't watch the films anytime soon.

I would love to see Hugo Strange in a Batman film; so much potential.

Strange is one of the few men who knows that Batman is really
    Bruce Wayne :-$
    (which he uses as his own personal blackmail/advantage) and can get inside the Dark Knight's head better than most of his rouges gallery aside from Joker. They did stellar work with the character and his relationship with Batman in Arkham City, so to see that kind of thing on the big screen would be very exciting.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Hmmm... Let's just wait and see how Affleck does first before we potentially ruin another legendary character from the Batman universe please.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I would actually rather have them hold off on Joker. He is too often the go to character, just as Batman is for say, a JLA film. So if they do Joker I want them to bring him in over time, and not just right out of the gate. Look at Nolan in Batman Begins. He spotlighted a rather underrated set of villains from Batman's rouges gallery and he and his team presented them incredibly well.

There are loads of other underrated characters out there to touch on, as well. If it is a more grounded plot, you could have Batman taking on the arsonist Firefly, or Mad Hatter and have him kidnapping and mind controlling kids for a tea party like Jeph Loeb once wrote in a Batman tale. Hugo Strange and Black Mask would also be interesting, as would Victor Zsasz (also in Batman Begins) if the film used him in a serial killer type plot set in Gotham.

Really? That warranted a spoiler tag?

In all seriousness, Hugo Strange would be an awesome villain, but I think he'd be better in a behind-the-scenes role at first.

I was just poking fun, that's all. ;))

I know. I wonder how many people out there don't actually know it, though.

I know. I wonder how many people out there don't actually know it, though.

Well...

The majority of Gotham City and Metropolis
    Perry White
    Jimmy Olsen
    Joker
    Penguin
    Killer Croc
    Firefly
    Mr. Freeze
    Vicki Vale
    Two-Face
    Poison Ivy
    Deadshot
    Deathstroke
    Bane
    Mad Hatter
    Harley Quinn
    Jim Gordon (in most continuities)
    Quincy Sharp
    Carmine Falcone
    Black Mask
    Copperhead
    Sarah Essen
    Victor Zsasz
    Man-Bat
    The Riddler (in most continuities)
    The Ventriloquist (and Scarface)
    Clayface
    Lady Vic
    Vesper Fairchild
    Julie Madison
    Harvey Bullock
    Joe Chill
    Renee Montoya

I could go on...
    I meant real people. And didn't Joe Chill learn at some point?
    I meant real people. And didn't Joe Chill learn at some point?

Oh, sorry; didn't know. If you aren't aware that Bruce is Batman, especially since Batman is such a pop culture phenomenon, then you must have been living on Mars since the late 30s.

Chill may have found out Batman's identity in some continuities; I am not sure. There are so many universes/adaptions/alternate timelines in comics that you can never be positive about this kind of stuff. I know they have played with that idea in some of the newer shows, like Batman: The Brave and the Bold if I am not mistaken.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 4,813
    I logged on at the Academy just to post this.

Latest rumor: Alfred will be played by......................................

Timothy Dalton :-bd

For gods sake please be true!!!!

http://www.thesuperficial.com/timothy-dalton-alfred-batman-superman-man-of-steel-2-08-2013
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,691

http://screencrave.com/2013-08-29/batman-superman-rumor-timothy-dalton-alfred/

NO FREAKING WAY!!!!
    Too good to be true.
    Can't happen.

Can it?
    The Timothy Dalton thing was posted two pages back. If that happens, I would be so happy. Even if I had zero interest in the film, I would be first in line just for that reason.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/timothy-dalton-alfred-batman-superman-man-of-steel-2-08-2013

I am sure that makes you happy, @Master_Dahark! It has been reported by many news sources, so you never now, it could happen. By the way, it is good to see you again, mate! :)
    This is entertaining, if nothing else:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/08/30/justin-timberlake-wants-to-play-the-riddler/2738265/

At least Ben has someone else in his corner besides just his parents, Kevin Smith, Matt Damon, Jennifer Garner, and I.
    I read ex007 Timothy Dalton might get the Butlers Alfred role. That will good. Replacing the popular actor Michael Caine
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2013 Posts: 4,450
    On the old forums i sugest Matthew Goode for a part in Bond movie as villian or as The Riddler in Christopher Nolan Batman movie. Based on what Bond producer did with Graves & Lechiefe, Nolan Joker look like, Bruce Wayne from Burton Batman movies have glamor and i like to see that a bit in the villian. It mabey be intresting to have gay actor as villian with a bit of tick what Joker and Riddle have a bit. This whas before we get Silva for Skyfall.

watchmen_movie_image__11_.jpg

goode2.jpg
    @M_Balje, Matthew Goode would make a great villain. If you have any doubt, go watch 'Stoker.' Fantastic film.
  • @Master_Dahark So is Police Academy anything like the film? :)
    ^ It's more like Full Metal Jacket ;)
    ^ It's more like Full Metal Jacket ;)

Oh heavens, I hope not. Though, if you get a cool nickname like Joker, that would be fine. ;)