Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

WITH Cameron! Does that mean it's a sequel to Genisys I wonder?
    I mean, it kind of has to be, with Arnold's age...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Since his absence, things have gotten so messy with the Terminator series that I would like to see Cameron do what had been proposed for Alien 5, ignore the sequels that followed and make a direct follow-up to T2. This would free him from having to conform to the events of the three films done while he did not control the franchise. Even though he will not be directing, both in story and visual style the next film will be driven by Cameron's vision. This will continue the "Cameron timeline".
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm pretty sure it's not a 'Genisys' sequel and will be something different, but at this point, who knows what they're doing. I guess we'll see in the coming months.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, I am looking forward to this. Great news.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Good news to me. I'm a fan of the Terminator series of movies, and the tv series, so I'll look forward to this, particularly as Arnie is returning.
    I've grown a little tired of them incorporating him into all the sequels. Was hoping for something pretty fresh, but if they've got a good idea for his return and the film as a whole is intriguing, then I'm in.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Just enjoying this theme track since I watched the first film last night. Perfection. So 80's though. Reminds me a bit of Jean Michel Jarre, and even a little Floyd. Killer moment at 2:20.

One of my favorite soundtracks. Excellent stuff!
    Cameron talking about making a new Terminator trilogy.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/titanic-and-avatar-director-james-cameron-hoping-to-make-new-terminator-trilogy/news-story/27e00d478eeaf4c8b31c681a29bde13c

"Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.”

I wonder how he wants to reinvent it, when it is so inevitably linked to Schwarzenegger in most people´s minds?
    Great news.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Come on, don't be fooled. Cameron says a lot. He had two Avatar sequels planned for 2014 and all that. Not that I want them or anything. But Cameron took twelve or so years to get from Titanic to Avatar. And since the world went nuts and endorsed Avatar to an unacceptable degree, he's now sitting on a tower of money which seems to block his creativity and doesn't at all motivate him to do anything any time soon. A trilogy? Yeah right. With the sequel set for a twenty-never release or what?
    We shall see. The Avatar sequels are coming into shape, and I for one really look forward to those. For someone who hates the whole thing, I find it funny that you complain about it taking too long.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    All Dimi's really saying is that Cameron will take for-f*cking-ever to probably put out a shyt Terminator movie.
    Not being funny but they never even sorted the trilogy from the Bale movie, which I still believe was a massive missed opportunity!
    If they truly want to reinvent the series, stop trying to incorporate Schwarzenegger into it. All you do is back yourself into a corner trying to explain his aging and whatnot. Cast a new, younger Terminator already.

Or, instead of trying to create a new trilogy time and time again (which, correct me if I'm wrong, failed with both 'Salvation' and 'Genisys'), craft a really great movie that brings a demand for a new trilogy instead. Crazy idea, I know.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Just always CGI a young Arnold.
    I agree with Cameron that both Machines and Salvation were pretty poor, but I really enjoyed Genisys.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Just always CGI a young Arnold.

Seems a convoluted method when they can just hire a new actor for a Terminator and go from there.
    I liked the Dwayne Johnson suggestion.
    I liked the Dwayne Johnson suggestion.

Would give him a chance to play someone beyond cruel and emotionless. I'd be more than happy with that.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I'm just tired of the whole time travel thing in the Terminator universe. It's become redundant. That's why I enjoy Salvation so much, it was a step in the right direction for the franchise. Instead they canceled out Salvation and put yet another time travel Terminator movie with Genisys. Now Cameron wants to cancel out all the Terminator movies and make a new time traveling Terminator trilogy. I'm not even close to being excited for it.
    I'm just tired of the whole time travel thing in the Terminator universe. It's become redundant. That's why I enjoy Salvation so much, it was a step in the right direction for the franchise. Instead they canceled out Salvation and put yet another time travel Terminator movie with Genisys. Now Cameron wants to cancel out all the Terminator movies and make a new time traveling Terminator trilogy. I'm not even close to being excited for it.
    It´s a very strange thing big film companies do, which I don´t understand at all: If a film doesn´t play well, they erase all the good things for the next one, make it on the surface look like something different, but in essence keep all the flaws.

George Lucas was the sensible one, when he didn't rush his star wars sequels/prequels.

Cameron and Scott and co are planning these multiple sequels. There wont propably be another alien since Covenant underperformed and wasn't critically well reseived. Scott's also not getting any younger, so I doubt there's going to be many movie sequels in he could direct. I dont want and I doubt there will ever be Avatar 3 or 4.
    T2 is one of the most iconic movies made.
    Schwarzenegger confirms his return to the series, says 'Terminator 6' will begin shooting in March, followed by a new 'Conan':

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3452558/schwarzenegger-confirms-return-terminator-franchise/
    That's reassuring. I've grown tired of having old Arnie pop up as a Terminator in all these while they subsequently try to 'restart' a new trilogy, so having him appear as the human basis for the Terminator line will be much better.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    That's reassuring. I've grown tired of having old Arnie pop up as a Terminator in all these while they subsequently try to 'restart' a new trilogy, so having him appear as the human basis for the Terminator line will be much better.

It's certainly a different approach and makes sense, the series needs fresh ideas they can't keep making the same film over and over again.

It's certainly a different approach and makes sense, the series needs fresh ideas they can't keep making the same film over and over again.

Now it begs the question of whether it'll be a modern-day Arnie, or if it won't be a prequel to the first and they go the motion-cap route of giving us a young Arnie.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,327

Now it begs the question of whether it'll be a modern-day Arnie, or if it won't be a prequel to the first and they go the motion-cap route of giving us a young Arnie.

I fear the latter though the way effects are going it may not even be noticeable if it's young CGI Arnie.