Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »
    Linda Hamilton officially signs on to return in the new film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/linda-hamilton-terminator-sequel/#more-441931

Did not see that coming?!!!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's no confirmation, but Robert Patrick said if they wanted him back for the next Terminator, he'd gladly return:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3463729/t-1000-actor-robert-patrick-return-terminator-franchise/
    It's no confirmation, but Robert Patrick said if they wanted him back for the next Terminator, he'd gladly return:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3463729/t-1000-actor-robert-patrick-return-terminator-franchise/

Wonder what kind of excuse they'd give for his ageing this time.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Wonder what kind of excuse they'd give for his ageing this time.

Well they're already bringing Schwarzenegger back for some reason, so I suppose a similar excuse could be utilized. Unless, of course, they work off that deleted scene from Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and Schwarzenegger plays a human.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 5,185
    Unless, of course, they work off that deleted scene from Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and Schwarzenegger plays a human.
    No, Cameron and Miller have already confirmed in their latest interview that he will return as a Terminator.

By the way, if anyone is interested and has 45 mintues to spare, i can highly recommend this interview that Cameron and Miller did for Hollywood reporter. It's all about the new Terminator trilogy and will make your hype go into overdrive.
    And that is coming from someone who has absolutely not cared for a Terminator movie since T3

I'd like to keep optimistic about this one given the glowing praise coming from Cameron, but he also had nothing but praise for Genisys, which was terrible, in my opinion. Time will tell!
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'd like to keep optimistic about this one given the glowing praise coming from Cameron, but he also had nothing but praise for Genisys, which was terrible, in my opinion. Time will tell!

I think he genuinely liked the concept of Genisys (I don't think he was just being a shill because he also praised the first Alien vs Predator after that came out and he was slagging it off before release, so I do think he was being honest in those trailers and genuinely thought it was going to be good) but might have been disappointed in the execution. Which could be why he seems more actively involved with the new one.

I think he genuinely liked the concept of Genisys (I don't think he was just being a shill because he also praised the first Alien vs Predator after that came out and he was slagging it off before release, so I do think he was being honest in those trailers and genuinely thought it was going to be good) but might have been disappointed in the execution. Which could be why he seems more actively involved with the new one.

One can only hope. Surely with him having a more active hand in this it can't be too horrible. Guess it'll fall down on Miller's directing abilities - he's only done Deadpool in his directing career, but I really enjoyed that one.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,690
    The next Terminator installment is set to begin filming in March 2018.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The next Terminator installment is set to begin filming in March 2018.

Damn shame that doesn't excite me.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Is James Cameron at the helm?
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 12,837

Nah, I think he's too busy with Avatar to actually direct. But he does seem much more involved than he has been with the last few films and I'm optimistic about the new director. I put Deadpool on Sky one night on a whim and actually really enjoyed it, and I think that film had a cool grungey industrial vibe to it that'd really suit Terminator.

I'm much more excited than I was for the last few films, but I am left wondering if there's anywhere really interesting left to take the story from here. The time travel and the Connors and all that stuff feels a bit played out imo. The idea of a Terminator film set in the war was really exciting but we already got that with Salvation and that was a let down.

I think they just need to somehow come up with a really interesting story. They can ignore the other sequels all they want but the first two wrapped up the original storyline perfectly. We don't need to see any more of John and Sarah and Judgement Day and all that stuff. I'm glad Arnie is returning because I think it'd feel wrong if he wasn't involved at all, but I do think a whole new storyline set in the same universe is the way to go. Maybe even further in the future? I think it could be cool to explore a really different society post war with traumatised vets, the remnants of Skynet still knocking about, etc. John Connor could be long dead and seen as sort of a Jesus figure with some people interpreting what he did differently to others. A post- post apocalpyse movie, like the Fallout games but in the Terminator universe.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Cameron will be to busy with Avatar to direct them himself but he selected Tim Miller as the director, and was heavily involved with the scriptwriting and overall concept
    00Agent wrote: »

Cameron will be to busy with Avatar to direct them himself but he selected Tim Miller as the director, and was heavily involved with the scriptwriting and overall concept
    Good enough for me.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Cameron being involved creates interest, though the next Terminator film surely is last chance certainly from me. If the new film is a let down the franchise needs to be left alone for several years (though that's unlikely to happen)
    I said it before: the very first movie was all that was needed. It was ominous, Apocalyptic, a neat techno horror story, both Skynet and the messianic John Connor remaining mysterious.
    Still not seen the last one! Yet alone another new one!
    Schwarzenegger says the new films will return the series to the basics and cut out the overly convoluted mythology and timeline (obviously):

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3466285/arnold-schwarzenegger-says-next-terminator-will-fix-franchise-going-back-basics/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 13,924
    "Convoluted timeline terminated"

CMYZAOJWsAQs2tj.jpg

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the latest film considering the ridicule received (not great though), but am glad it's going back to the essence of the original two. I want to see more practical effects/animatronic puppets as far as the robots are concerned, and leave the CGI to Arnie's young terminator or liquid metal effects. I wouldn't mind Clarke returning as Sarah Connor- best casting look-wise, but they need to toughen her up, make her badass. A bit of cold and sterile blue lighting, and as some commenters in that link said, more horror like the orig sounds great.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    They'll say anything to promote their work, won't they?

I remember reading a lot of Arnold's comments on how Genesis was an outstanding thing up and coming, etc. Now that it didn't live up to the audience's expectations, they're retracting and changing courses.
    Well let's hope Cameron is with it the whole way to keep things on track!
    I hope so! Apparently, he wrote the story treatment.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    After this new film bombs, they will say the next film has nothing to do with what proceeded it
    (times infinity).
    And they only need to repeat that cycle until time travel becomes a reality, then they can send a cyborg back for real to make everything right again :))
    That's the issue I keep having: why not try to make a film the fans want AND demand a sequel to, instead of crafting one from the start over and over again? They've done this trilogy planning with the last two installments, and both failed miserably.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That's the issue I keep having: why not try to make a film the fans want AND demand a sequel to, instead of crafting one from the start over and over again? They've done this trilogy planning with the last two installments, and both failed miserably.

If it happens with the next one as well, you have a trilogy right there.
    TF You say trilogy, I say tragedy :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    TTTT-The Terminator Trilogy Tragedy
    A Tralegy.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Terminate the franchise. ;)