SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    One thing we can be sure of. The main girl will be brunette, unless they dye Seydoux's hair (which they may to distinguish her from her Mi4 role), in which case the main girl will be blonde. I don't think they'll have 2 blondes or 2 brunettes. Got to spread the wealth or else the PC crowd will be up in arms.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Chastain would make an awesome Bond girl!

Eon need to grow up and realise that leading ladies don't have to be under 38.

Here here. And with DC being that much older, a more mature female lead would be ideal. Severine seemed about the right age and actually strangely difficult to pin an age on.
    bondjames wrote: »
    One thing we can be sure of. The main girl will be brunette, unless they dye Seydoux's hair (which they may to distinguish her from her Mi4 role), in which case the main girl will be blonde. I don't think they'll have 2 blondes or 2 brunettes. Got to spread the wealth or else the PC crowd will be up in arms.

But does anybody really remembers here in MI4? Was her role that prominent?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Ludovico wrote: »

I had to use youtube to check what scene she was in! In my opinion it was the most forgetable MI film so far, at least in terms of plot. All I could remember was the skyscraper stunt.
    I only said that because of the lengths they went to in order to give Bardem's Silva a new look and hairstyle in SF, distinguished from his famous villainous turns elsewhere. Yes, her role wasn't prominent, but it was very memorable......for me
    Chastain would make a very good Bond 'woman'. Amazing in The Debt & Zero Dark Thirty. She will fit like a glove. As others have said, not sure if she would want it though.....
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 14,854
    Sandy wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

I had to use youtube to check what scene she was in! In my opinion it was the most forgetable MI film so far, at least in terms of plot. All I could remember was the skyscraper stunt.

I have not seen the movie, but from what I understand she had a cameo that was of the your eyes flicker and you miss it.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    no no no. Seydoux is not blink and miss in MI4. She plays a blonde killer bitch! She figures prominently for a short stretch until she is dispatched. Here's a link to a 39sec clip of her vicious battle with good-girl Paula Patton.
    Earlier in the movie she takes out Sawyer ( Sawyer actor from Lost, Josh Holloway) and has some intense scenes with Cruise and his crew.

http://www.cultjer.com/video/lea-seydoux-and-paula-patton-fight-in-mission-impossible-ghost-protocol

Because she plays such a nasty girl in MI, I think Bond would cast her as a sympathetic character which is closer to type for her. She's a nice girl. WithBond, I think we'd find her as a cool sympathetic type, but with some edge.

618w_movies_mi4_poster_08.jpg
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    MI:GP was Léa's first action movie and this was her first fight scene. Both actresses performed their own stunts. Léa said she did some training including boxing to prepare for the scene. MI:GP is the highest grossing film in the MI franchise.

Paula Patton (who has a girl crush on Léa)

behind the scenes with Léa
    Felicity Jones finally looks like a grown up on this photo:
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4089182208/nm0428065?ref_=nmmi_mi_all_evt_1
    I think she looks great!
  • I reckon Gong Li would make a great villain.
    I haven't seen Gong Li for a while in anything, but she was very good in Miami Vice. Yes, I concur.
    How old is old Gong these days? A real beauty in her prime. Would have been nice to see her in a Bond movie. Might help Bond cash in on that lucrative Chinese market as well. EON have been keen on getting into China from LTK or even earlier.

I think we're still waiting for the definitive Bond in China movie. One for NOlan?
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,844
    Gong Li is actually my top choice for a Bond villainess. I don't think I've seen any of her English language films (I don't think she's done that many, actually), but she's a terrific actress in her native cinema. She's nearing 50 and still looks fantastic. I think it would be a very novel idea to feature a villainess who's maturing yet extraordinarily beautiful and seductive. Gong Li would be perfect for the part.

And yes, @Getafix, we definitely need a China-based Bond film. I'm not sure how touchy China would be about a movie featuring a Chinese villain, but perhaps if the good ladies and/or Bond's allies are Chinese as well that might help balance out the film in their view.

Edit: I did see her in Memoirs of a Geisha, which she was good in. Is Michael Mann's Miami Vice worth checking out for her part in it—or any other reason? I didn't hear great things about that one.
  • Having seen Interstellar today I really want Jessica Chastain to play the female lead in the film. She's stunning and a brilliant actress, she held her own fantastically in the film and gave a stunning performance and would be an asset to the Bond franchise. Chastain is the type of actress Mendes should be chasing after.

Jessica+Chastain+Interstellar+Premieres+Hollywood+lWSU4HJOGDOl.jpg
    JessicaChastainCannesPhotocallPT.jpg
    Jessica-Chastain-Grazia-Magazine-Italy-March-2014+2.jpg

I also really like the idea of Charlotte Riley taking a role in the film, maybe not in the lead female role but definitely in some capacity

Charlotte+Riley+Inception+UK+film+Premiere+lTI00EezsrKl.jpg
    charlotte_riley-_inception_film_premiere_at_the_odeon_cinema_-_arrivals-photo12.jpg
    movies_the_dark_knight_rises_tom_hardy_charlotte_riley_1.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    A resounding yes to Chastain!
    leas_mole wrote: »
    MI:GP was Léa's first action movie and this was her first fight scene. Both actresses performed their own stunts. Léa said she did some training including boxing to prepare for the scene. MI:GP is the highest grossing film in the MI franchise.

Paula Patton (who has a girl crush on Léa)

behind the scenes with Léa
    Love these videos, especially the behind-the-scenes one.
    @leas_mole. It's a real bonus having a Seydoux authority such as yourself, participating in the B24 lead-up, as Lea will now be a household name on these boards, for now and forever.
    Bond girls, like diamonds, do live forever in Bond fandom. Lea has a full life ahead of her now as a member of the Bond-girl sisterhood - conventions, appearances, autograph signings, fanboy picture requests etc etc.
    eg If I mention Olga, everyone knows who I mean right away. Lea will have the same effect going forward. Such is the power of the Bond Girl. :)

I have been thinking who could realistically play the main Bond girl. Let's say the rumors were true and they are looking for someone who is British. She is probably not a complete unknown and is at least 25 and maximum 45 years old.

I believe one of these actresses will be announced as the main Bond girl:
    Emily Blunt
    Keira Knightley
    Felicity Jones
    Carey Mulligan
    Rachel Weisz
    Andrea Riseborough
    Rebecca Hall
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    catching up with some recent published rumours, none of which have any substance at all, but this thread is a repository for both the best of rumours and the most frivolous and self-serving.

will update master list when I stop laughing.

Cara Delevingne,22 year-old English model-actress

sourced from the Mirror by http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/celebrity/2014/08/11/cara-delevingne-bond-girl-role-in-bond-movie-daniel-craig
    "The supermodel - currently filming a role in a big-budget Peter Pan movie with Hugh Jackman and Amanda Seyfried - has revealed it's one of her big career dreams. But get this, she has apparently been approached by producers, already.
    A source told The Mirror: "Cara hinted she would love to be involved, but the makers of Bond had already started considering her as somebody they would be interested in.
    "Obviously she's striking, she's well known and she's establishing herself as a talented actress.
    "There would be a real buzz about getting her involved and the signs are all good. Everybody is excited.""

cara-delevingne-576x360.jpg

And I'm sure this battle below for the lead girl will go right down to the wire. No wonder we have no announcement for the lead girl. Such competition! How does Eon choose? :-O

"We haven't heard much regarding Bond 24 since Skyfall director Sam Mendes was confirmed to return back in July. Today we have word that the filmmakers are currently seeking the next "Bond girl," with British actress Helen Flanagan (Coronation Street) and Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Kate Upton currently in contention for the role.
    Helen Flanagan has reportedly already met with casting directors in Los Angeles about joining the project. Here's what an unidentified source had to say about her meeting.
    "They felt she had a unique look, great figure and natural charm on screen."
    It isn't known if Kate Upton has met with casting directors or producers yet.
    "
    http://www.movieweb.com/will-kate-upton-or-helen-flanagan-be-a-bond-girl-in-bond-24

===
    For the record:
    Kate Upton; 22 year-old American model actress. Maybe "best" swimsuit model on the planet right now.
    op44-192109-raw1200.jpg
    Helen Flanagan: 24 yr. old English actress-model
    Helen%20Flanagan%20-%20ITV%20Daybreak%20show%20-02-560x732.jpg
  • Not long ago in this thread I speculated about the suspiciously clear schedules of Emily Blunt, Rebecca Hall and Rose Byrne. It's worth noting that since then both Blunt and Hall have signed onto other projects that make their participation in Bond 24 less likely.

http://www.thewrap.com/rebecca-hall-to-star-in-joel-edgertons-directorial-debut-exclusive/

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/34618/rupert-friend-to-helm-barton-charlie

Rose Byrne is still my best guess!
    Flanagan! Don't make me laugh!

Rose Bryne is not Bond girl material, nice As she is.
  • Absolutely love Rose Byrne, but I agree she isn't Bind girl material.
    Though I would much prefer her over Keira Knightley for example.

If they choose that model I won't even see the film.
    K Knightley? No way, not Bond girl material either. IMO, none of the mentioned will have the part. Someonne not on the radar is my guess.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 13,894
    Calling Helen Flannigan an actress is being generous. I prefer to think of her (actually, I would rather not think of her at all) as simply... vapid.

There's a relatively unknown actress that I would like to see in a Bond film, she isn't british, but her name is Jessica Chastain:
    Jessica-Chastain.jpg

No I have not lost my mind, but that makes up for the Helen Flannigan picture.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Jessica Chastain is indeed a lovely jubbly. I certainly think she should be playing a villainess in the mannerism of Elektra King, trying to dominate Bond throughout the entry. Perhaps a female leader of Quantum?
    Male or female, I would rather see the leader of Quantum as someone more mature.
    Rose Bryne is not Bond girl material? Are you kidding me? Are people here blind?
    Rose Bryne is not Bond girl material? Are you kidding me? Are people here blind?
    I think she gave a Bond Girl vibe to her character in X-Men: First Class, so she has for some, like myself and @PanchitoPistoles.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Jessica Chastain is indeed a lovely jubbly. I certainly think she should be playing a villainess in the mannerism of Elektra King, trying to dominate Bond throughout the entry. Perhaps a female leader of Quantum?

tumblr_inline_n5rfxpo8xO1qb19wj.gif
    Lol, how come, mate?