SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    For me, like for many others I think, Bond villains/henchwomen are not Bond girls ... unless they are intimate with Bond - then they fit both categories.
    Thanks for that vid, @leas_mole! I always assumed it was "Lay-uh Say-doh" not "Lay-uh Say-doo" so thanks for the correction!

That is one entertaing video! Seydoux never ceases to charm.
    What a great find for the series. I think she will have a substantial role in the film, at the very least a strong #2 Bond girl role, otherwise a waste of talent I think.
    I hope she's not cast as a villain. I would prefer her as inspiring charming likeable character, kind of like the real Lea.
    Yes, I am smitten :x
  • timmer wrote: »
    Thanks for that vid, @leas_mole! I always assumed it was "Lay-uh Say-doh" not "Lay-uh Say-doo" so thanks for the correction!

That is one entertaing video! Seydoux never ceases to charm.
    What a great find for the series. I think she will have a substantial role in the film, at the very least a strong #2 Bond girl role, otherwise a waste of talent I think.
    I hope she's not cast as a villain. I would prefer her as inspiring charming likeable character, kind of like the real Lea.
    Yes, I am smitten :x

I too am hoping Lea plays not the villain but an "inspiring, charming, likable" character like her real self as you so perfectly put it!
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    ;) ^ It's as if we actually know her. She has that effect. And I thought Jill St. John as Tiffany Case or Honor Blackman as Pussy Galore were the perfect embodiment of womanhood...but then along came Olga and now Lea.....amore. We evolve, but Olga and Lea can bring the smart and sassy too.

488695.jpg
    We haven't had a Pat Fearing in a long time. Or a Silvia Trench. A Bond girl completely oblivious to Bond's line of work. Not that I think Lea will play such character, but it would make a nice change from another female spy.
  • jessica-chastain-19.jpg
    I think Jessica Chastain would be a gorgeous contender for the Bond Girl role. We hadn't had a redhead since 1971's Jill St. John.
  • With Jessica Chastain I would jump in the air of joy :-).
  • With Jessica Chastain I would jump in the air of joy :-).
    I second that sentiment!
  • I could see Jessica Chastain in a Bond film, but I don't think she'll be in Bond 24. I'm still just hoping for Andrea Riseborough.
  • jessica-chastain-20.jpg
    Here's hoping she'll be a contender for Bond 25 perhaps! She's a fantastic actress and she looks amazing!!!!
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Using OCR and Google translate on this recent interview for Léa Harper's Bazaar Brazil the magazine is reporting that her character will be Prada clad (not surprising as Léa is Candy in their Candy perfume adverts since 2011)

Does anyone know Portuguese?
    (in Portuguese)
    Agora se prepara para encarnar a nova Bond Girl no próximo longa da saga 007 - e com figurino assinado por Miuccia Prada. Uma agente secreta atraente, sofisticada, cool e calma constavam como requisitos exigidos pelo diretor Sam Mendes para o papel.

(Google translate)
    Now preparing to embody the new Bond Girl in the next 007 long saga - and Miuccia Prada signed by costume. An attractive, sophisticated, cool and calm undercover agent contained as requirements by director Sam Mendes for the role

N.B Léa does not talk about her role in Bond in the interview (there is also another page) and role description looks like it has been copied and pasted so putting under spoilers as no official confirmation!
    There is a little snippet of info about her role in above post. Intriguing!
    timmer wrote: »
    There is a little snippet of info about her role in above post. Intriguing!
    yup, hence the spoilers.....no confirmation though!

In Prada...of course

Lea-Seydoux---Harpers-Bazaar-Brazil-2014--02-662x824.jpg

• edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Thanks for the new pic! Looking good!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Eon, confirm her casting already!

tumblr_n55a50xkvW1qb9is3o2_250.gif
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Eon, confirm her casting already!

tumblr_n55a50xkvW1qb9is3o2_250.gif
    Do you mean Natalie Dormer? as in your gif?

But if you mean Léa then I know that she has already been confirmed by Sony. Not sure if by EON too yet? But that is not what I am referring to under the spoiler tag ;) it's about Léa's role within Bond 24
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    leas_mole wrote: »
    Using OCR and Google translate on this recent interview for Léa Harper's Bazaar Brazil the magazine is reporting that her character will be Prada clad (not surprising as Léa is Candy in their Candy perfume adverts since 2011)

(in Portuguese)
    Agora se prepara para encarnar a nova Bond Girl no próximo longa da saga 007 - e com figurino assinado por Miuccia Prada. Uma agente secreta atraente, sofisticada, cool e calma constavam como requisitos exigidos pelo diretor Sam Mendes para o papel.

(Google translate)
    Now preparing to embody the new Bond Girl in the next 007 long saga - and Miuccia Prada signed by costume. An attractive, sophisticated, cool and calm undercover agent contained as requirements by director Sam Mendes for the role

N.B Léa does not talk about her role in Bond in the interview (there is also another page) and role description looks like it has been copied and pasted so putting under spoilers as no official confirmation!

I'm Portuguese, I'll do the translation later today. Thanks for the link ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    "timmer wrote:
    I think she will have a substantial role in the film, at the very least a strong #2 Bond girl role, otherwise a waste of talent I think.

This is one of the areas where EON can easily improve on SF, and I think they will.

As I've said before, I have a firm suspicion B24 is going to go the TB route (bigger & better in every way), meaning 2 solid female leads (one good & one bad).

It's been a while (since CR) that we've had a female role with some meat (I don't count M or Camille).

Can't wait.....and Seydoux continues to titilate
    Sandy wrote: »

(in Portuguese)

(Google translate)

thanks Sandy :) There is one paragraph that is Bond related so I am curious to know if Google translate was accurate?

bondjames wrote: »
    "timmer wrote:
    I think she will have a substantial role in the film, at the very least a strong #2 Bond girl role, otherwise a waste of talent I think.

This is one of the areas where EON can easily improve on SF, and I think they will.

As I've said before, I have a firm suspicion B24 is going to go the TB route (bigger & better in every way), meaning 2 solid female leads (one good & one bad).

It's been a while (since CR) that we've had a female role with some meat (I don't count M or Camille).

Can't wait.....and Seydoux continues to titilate

I agree. Loved Vesper. Camille was a damp squip and although Severine had potential, she was gone in a flash. Don't mention M. Hoping for a properly fleshed out female characrer in B24.

(in Portuguese)

(Google translate)

thanks Sandy :) There is one paragraph that is Bond related so I am curious to know if Google translate was accurate?

Mostly, but it's different having a person rather than a machine doing the translation. I went through the rest of the interview as well and there's nothing else remotely relating to Bond. So, without further ado, here's the proper translation (I think this one would be suitable for the homepage):
    Now she is getting ready to interpret the new Bond girl in the next 007 picture –with costumes designed by Miuccia Prada. “An attractive, sophisticated, cool and calm secret agent” were amongst the requisites demanded by director Sam Mendes for the role.

(in Portuguese)

(Google translate)

Mostly, but it's different having a person rather than a machine doing the translation. I went through the rest of the interview as well and there's nothing else remotely relating to Bond. So, without further ado, here's the proper translation (I think this one would be suitable for the homepage):
    Now she is getting ready to interpret the new Bond girl in the next 007 picture –with costumes designed by Miuccia Prada. “An attractive, sophisticated, cool and calm secret agent” were amongst the requisites demanded by director Sam Mendes for the role.
    Thanks so much Sandy for the quick translation! :D
    You're welcome, nice way to spend my coffee break :D
    Nice job on the translation @sandy. I do like what we have translated. I don't know how long we need keep this a spoiler, but I like the role as mandated by Mendes. Seydoux seems like a good fit for the description.
    Wait, will Miuccia Prada be the costume designer of the whole movie or will she just make a few costumes for Lea's character?
    edited November 2014 Posts: 574
    I think it will just be for Léa's character. There was this Tweet- rumor has it, Prada has signed on *exclusively* as her costume designer... i Guess we'll have to wait and see. by a Hollywood stylist... (that's not Léa's twitter account by the way but a fan account)

It will not be the first time Prada have dressed a Bond Girl - Olga Kurylenko in Quantum of Solace.

I do not think it will be like The Great Gatsby where all the costumes were co-designed with Prada. I think this is probably a product placement deal with the fashion label.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Chris1984 wrote: »
    jessica-chastain-19.jpg
    I think Jessica Chastain would be a gorgeous contender for the Bond Girl role.

Yes, please. I know i've said this before, i don't know if she would be interested in joining the Bond Girl legacy (I suspect not, which would be understandable), but if she did, that would be one thing I could look forward to in Bond #24.

picture-1-135239733414.jpg

:x
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Chastain would make an awesome Bond girl!

Eon need to grow up and realise that leading ladies don't have to be under 38.
  • @sandy - thanks for the above translation. Looking forward to Léa portraying her character description. I'm getting the impression that Léa is going to be the main Bond girl.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'm pretty sure, Lea's role is the other Bond girl, one that would have originally been Scandinavian. I think a main actress, who is British (or who will play the role which has been described as British) has been secured. I don't think EON would want the main Bond girl known yet, not until they tell us. I like Lea's casting, I just do not think she will be the main Bond girl.