The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 5,185
    He's not the only acting legend who hasn't gotten one, other famous names are Michael Douglas, Gene Hackmann and most of all Sean Connery, but there are many, many more.
    00Agent wrote: »
    He's not the only acting legend who hasn't gotten one, other famous names are Michael Douglas, Gene Hackmann and most of all Sean Connery, but there are many, many more.

Gene Hackman hasnt got one ??! wow...thats bad.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Gene Hackman hasnt got one ??! wow...thats bad.

Even Christopher Walken doesn't have one apparently. And Elvis too?!? Wtf.
    https://m.imdb.com/list/ls071045476/

EDIT: No wait, i think that list is BS. Elvis has one.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Somebody has to pay for the star --a fan club, a film studio, the movie stars themselves-- and the movie star has to attend the unveiling ceremony. These are some reasons why some stars don't have... stars.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Somebody has to pay for the star --a fan club, a film studio, the movie stars themselves-- and the movie star has to attend the unveiling ceremony. These are some reasons why some stars don't have... stars.

De Niro and Hackman dont have fans ?? i'm one of them !!
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 19,339

Paying for them..seriously ..is America that shallow ???
    THe US would choose Craig over De Niro or Hackman ? no way.

Me too, but are we willing to pay for their stars? And somebody has to organize the effort!

Paying for them..seriously ..is America that shallow ???

If this is true then i am... actually not suprised at all :))

Me too, but are we willing to pay for their stars? And somebody has to organize the effort!

The US would choose Craig over De Niro and Hackman ? No way,and i wouldnt either.
    Craig is good but he is not De Niro or Hackman.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I wasn't really impressed by these when I visited. Quite a letdown to be honest. Then I thought about it and wondered why anyone would really want to be immortalized by something on a pavement which everyone walks over daily.
    Absolutely. Soft (and hard) selection criteria include:

1. produce something iconic
    2. promise that you want one in writing
    3. raise the money (I don't think one can buy it)
    4. wow the selection committee (read, kiss the butt of some appointees)
    5. fight for prime real estate
    6. throw a massive party
    7. remain on best behaviour

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/16/how-to-get-a-star-on-the-hollywood-walk-of-fame/
    Yeah, it's not like the AMPAS or something, without any external motivation, goes and spends money on giving stars their stars. Getting a star can be a bit of a marketing thing. A studio can shell out cash if they've got a film coming out and want its star to get some attention. I'm sure some big stars who don't have a star see that as somewhat tacky.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I wasn't really impressed by these when I visited. Quite a letdown to be honest. Then I thought about it and wondered why anyone would really want to be immortalized by something on a pavement which everyone walks over daily.
    Indeed.

- You're so famous now that you've earned the right to have everybody step on you.
    - Bring it on!
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 6,601
    Reading all this, I dont think DC is happy about it. But has to do it as part of 25 marketing.
    Daniel doesn't Strike me as a guy who enjoys that sort of thing, will be interesting to see how he handles the unveiling of it and whether he'll give a speech.

As for names being put in the pavement, he already has a plate with his name in front of the Grand Pupp Hotel in Carlsbad (where CR was shot), next to illustrious past hotelguests like Casanova, Goethe, Freud, Chopin, De Niro (he got one there already ;) ) etc. so he shouldn't be all too phased about it.
    Daniel doesn't Strike me as a guy who enjoys that sort of thing, will be interesting to see how he handles the unveiling of it and whether he'll give a speech.

As for names being but in the pavement, he already has a plate with his name in front of the Grand Pupp Hotel in Carlsbad (where CR was shot), next to illustrious past hotelguests like Casanova, Goethe, Freud, Chopin, De Niro (he got one there already ;) ) etc. so he shouldn't be all too phased about it.

I didnt know that ,interesting stuff,thanks @00Agent !
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Connery doesn't have a star? That's criminally ludicrous especially as Craig will he getting one and Craig's getting one because of Bond. He's not even close to being as iconic as Connery in AND outside of Bond.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Harvey Weinstein has his own statue there.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Harvey Weinstein has his own statue there.
    Distasteful as this may seem now, his was probably one of the rears that needed to be kissed in order to secure one in the past.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited July 2018 Posts: 3,277
    Daniel Craig Visits the Agency to Discuss the Reel vs Real of Espionage
    https://www.cia.gov/news-information/blog/2018/reel-vs-real-with-daniel-craig.html

image.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Looking sharp! Fits right in.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2018 Posts: 8,087
    They deliberately took the picture as far away as possible, so it's hard to tell how he is looking. Too close and who knows what we are working with?
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    edited July 2018 Posts: 189
    They deliberately took the picture as far away as possible, so it's hard to tell how he is looking. Too close and who knows what we are working with?
    Or maybe it was to get the full CIA seal in?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Nah, Craig is an old, decrepit man. We must get Aiden in!!!!!
    https://www.cia.gov/news-information/blog/2018/reel-vs-real-with-daniel-craig.html

image.jpg

I see it as a green light for our buddy Felix to return!!!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    image.jpg

I'd say he looks alright.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 13,936
    Interesting news there, and yes, Dan is looking good. Remember he visited the National Cryptologic Museum?
    I'd like to think this is all prep work for the film.

image.jpg
    Daniel Craig IS Felix Leiter
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

image.jpg
    Daniel Craig IS Felix Leiter
    Bondception!
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 1,296
    If you want to know how Craig looks these days take his look from the last film, add another wrinkles or two, then a bit of botox and skin smoothener, a tidied doctored hairdo, and it's not that hard to imagine. He'll be in grand sexy fighting shape for the new film let me assure you. He always is. Also I love the new CIA picture , if someone told me it's the first production still from BACKPACK I would be like ok ok, work it, a beaming team up with Felix Leiter so that the film won't bomb stateside and was it all worth it? Of course.
    Now I know again, as I said, why I dont like you. I opened this thread for criticism but not for ridiculous Bs. So - if that is all you have to say, stay away from here and leave your ... elsewhere. Thank you.