The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

...and while we are at it. Same goes for Royale 65. if you wanna talk about Turner, go and find one of those 26 threads.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    ...and while we are at it. Same goes for Royale 65. if you wanna talk about Turner, go and find one of those 26 threads.

Oh, did I hit a nerve? Psst, I was merely joking. It's called irony and facetiousness my dear. Go boil your head.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yes, it was clearly a joke, taking the mickey out of those who do call Craig too old for the role.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Fortunately @Germanlady, you're not the one who gets to decide who posts here and who doesn't. The members in question were being nothing but civil, so there's no need for that kind of authoritarian behavior.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 6,601
    Like the production thread us yours, this is mine and I am just trying to keep it, what I call civil. When you opened the production thread, you were not a mod and used to get fits over stuff ALL the time. So maybe calm down, too. If I misinterpreted your wonderful post royale, dear, I am sorry. Why should I NOT have a nerve, that can be stepped upon. Nothing wrong with that. Like I said, Jake for example was very much on that side, too. Its ok. And if we ovrrreact, we apologize. There sre so many guys here, who run amok over stuff, I laugh about. So, this is my stuff and also my thread to moderate.
    Like I said, Jake, you were not a mod and called the odds nevertheless. Same right for all.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    tumblr_n12c4hyqeG1sy4qr6o1_250_zps46bc6495.gif
    No problems @Germanlady. We do get a little protective over our own threads. ;)
    Maybe we need one of them pills the lady brought. But I wouldnt say no to tea
    The tea's on @royale65, so I guess it's his shout. ;) ~O)
    I'll just have to wring my shirt out, hey?
    Yep, and you win the wet tea shirt comp, too. Congrats.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Like the production thread us yours, this is mine and I am just trying to keep it, what I call civil. When you opened the production thread, you were not a mod and used to get fits over stuff ALL the time. So maybe calm down, too. If I misinterpreted your wonderful post royale, dear, I am sorry. Why should I NOT have a nerve, that can be stepped upon. Nothing wrong with that. Like I said, Jake for example was very much on that side, too. Its ok. And if we ovrrreact, we apologize. There sre so many guys here, who run amok over stuff, I laugh about. So, this is my stuff and also my thread to moderate.
    Like I said, Jake, you were not a mod and called the odds nevertheless. Same right for all.

Sorry @Germanlady the thread isn't yours to moderate just because you opened it. The mods moderate and decide what is and isn't acceptable.

Good try though. ;)
    You must give me the name of your oculist.

Of course you wouldn't, especially if its served by Craig ;) AND when it is served at the correct temperature of 98.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
    NicNac wrote: »

Sorry @Germanlady the thread isn't yours to moderate just because you opened it. The mods moderate and decide what is and isn't acceptable.

Good try though. ;)

Indeed. But the question then remains, why Jake was allowed it, when he was not even a mod? We wanted other titles, other this or that and he mostly declined to change a thing etc.
    00Agent wrote: »

Of course you wouldn't, especially if its served by Craig ;) AND when it is served at the correct temperature of 98.4 degrees Fahrenheit.

As you say, served by him - would I care about temperature? Would I even be able to Drink?
    Guess I stick to the pills.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,588
    My so called "fits" didn't discriminate members from posting on the thread, but were simply to keep things civil and on-track. Not once did I ever insult or attack members as you seem to be doing. But I'm sure you'd know that.
    I think Craig looks great in those pictures. Love the haircut there. Maybe he'll keep it for B25?
    jake24 wrote: »
    My so called "fits" didn't discriminate members from posting on the thread, but were simply to keep things civil and on-track. Not once did I ever insult or attack members as you seem to be doing. But I'm sure you'd know that.

Just to close this, right - civil and on track and certainly Iguanna was not civil or on track. Bit I am sure, you know that :)
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,588
    jake24 wrote: »

Just to close this, right - civil and on track and certainly Iguanna was not civil or on track. Bit I am sure, you know that :)
    Let's be real here, you attacked both Royale and Iguanna because you disagree with the subject matter of their posts, not because they were disrespecting other members or diverting away from the topic at hand. Again, please leave the mod duties to us.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    One can always open private threads that are hidden from the public.
    Iguannas post was certainly something to disagree with as it was meant exactly the way, why I opposed it. And since you find it ok, irs exactly tbe reason, I unfortunately have to voice my own opinion. Dont forget, you guys are mods, not the ones who tell us what to think or this is how it should be. You and I wont agree on this and since you have the power, I shut up now.

And no, they were not disrespecting orher members, but the subject matter.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    tumblr_n12c4hyqeG1sy4qr6o1_250_zps46bc6495.gif
    giphy.gif
    "worth it."
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 1,296
    Craig is looking better and better every day. In fact, in my opinion he was at his cutest and most polished in SPECTRE. :)

I am personally always thankful for a post in my threads, whether it's a bit silly, disagreement, even slightly tangentional, because we are all here to discuss in our own shades of the rainbow and I think that's wonderful. Sometimes posts bother me but I don't bang a hammer on anyone's head because that doesn't help anyone, you're only stirring a pot of resentment and bad feelings when instead you could be making a salad with all the colours of the Community. And remember, a thread doesn't belong to you. It belongs to the community.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,185
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Craig is looking better and better every day. In fact, in my opinion he was at his cutest and most polished in SPECTRE. :)

I am personally always thankful for a post in my threads, whether it's a bit silly, disagreement, even slightly tangentional, because we are all here to discuss in our own shades of the rainbow and I think that's wonderful. Sometimes posts bother me but I don't bang a hammer on anyone's head because that doesn't help anyone, you're only stirring a pot of resentment and bad feelings when instead you could be making a salad with all the colours of the Community. And remember, a thread doesn't belong to you. It belongs to the community.

I am thinking of a beautiful Italian salad, with Parma ham, mozzarella cheese plus an elaborate honey-balsamico-dijonmustard dressing. And for toppings: cow dung, battery acid and paint thinner...
    anigif_enhanced-20126-1426768937-13.gif?resize=500%2C269
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Isn't this thread called...
    The DANIEL CRAIG thread - discussion about his tenure and the man. Pro and Con

Just saying. ;)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    IGUANNA wrote: »

I am thinking of a beautiful Italian salad, with Parma ham, mozzarella cheese plus an elaborate honey-balsamico-dijonmustard dressing. And for toppings: cow dung, battery acid and paint thinner...
    anigif_enhanced-20126-1426768937-13.gif?resize=500%2C269
    Whoever says they tried that salad is full of it. ;)
    Benny wrote: »
    Isn't this thread called...
    The DANIEL CRAIG thread - discussion about his tenure and the man. Pro and Con

Just saying. ;)

Yes, I added the Con. But there is a difference between con and ridicule, as you All very well know. So, maybe try to be a bit fair zowards me as well. If I go over the top, then yes, step on my feet bit don't try to play me for a foul - or others. Makes life much easier.

@Iguanna - agreed - it belongs to the community, but with that comes responsibility, so that your salad doesnt get Yuk.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Jim Jarmusch begins filming a Zombie movie starring Adam Driver, Bill Murray, Selena Gomez, And Chloë Sevigny. Daniel Craig and Rosie Perez are also expected to join.

https://thefilmstage.com/news/jim-jarmusch-in-now-filming-a-zombie-movie-starring-adam-driver-bill-murray-selena-gomez-and-chloe-sevigny/