SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Potential spoilers, so it's time for me to start avoiding this thread!
    Yep, that was my first thought as I entered this thread. Knowing about the chase in Rome is already enough for my ears, so I'm outta here. ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Germanlady wrote: »
    No, like I wrote, I referred to Turkey, there was some car and later the bike chase. In the end, its a chase through crowded streets. I would love something different, like climbing and chasing someone, for example. That can be very dramatic. I am a bit sick of vehicles...

So different that we have had it in two of the last three films.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2014 Posts: 4,444
    No pictures should be at, but at a link to messages or picture. It whas a bigmistake media at pictures from Skyfall house in fire and fans at it on this forum in full glory and James Page on main site. Eon also should be more carefull with the trailer. Three trailers whas mabey to much. It realy whas 3th trailer who should not be released. Showing Eve whas a big mistake. Of course we must not vergot the blame also be to story line of M get a lot of screentime in the movie and moost people already know about. The trailers of QOS be best. CR give a fake feeling about the final violence in the movie.

Iam so afraid for spoilers that i am going to ignore title song if it be so populair as Adele and there played on the radio and wil not lissen to it before i have seen the movie.
    No, like I wrote, I referred to Turkey, there was some car and later the bike chase. In the end, its a chase through crowded streets. I would love something different, like climbing and chasing someone, for example. That can be very dramatic. I am a bit sick of vehicles...

There was a climbing sequence? I which film? Apparantly I missed the last three Bond films..

There was a climbing sequence? I which film? Apparantly I missed the last three Bond films..

Apparantly!
    Ok, so tell me, where in those films, they were mountain climbing? This is getting interesting.
    To be fair @Germanlady, you never mentioned "mountain climbing" only "climbing" so I understand others taking you to task on this.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Is this a spoiler thread or what? If so, view content at your own risk and don't complain. You don't want to be spoiled then stay out of the spoiler threads. Simple.
    To be fair @Germanlady, you never mentioned "mountain climbing" only "climbing" so I understand others taking you to task on this.

I am sure, I mentioned in one post, but if not, its one of those "not native language" thinks, where you say something and take it for granted, people know, what you mean, because it has that meaning in your own language. So to make this clear - I mean mountain climbing. ;)
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Etre étranger a un avantage sur les forums anglophones : es gibt diejenigen, die verstehen wollen, es gibt diejenigen, die widersprechen wollen :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I want mountain climbing, Colosseum climbing, Vespas, racing in Italian cars and/or Aston Martins, Trevi fountain, and later ... snow, snow, snow!

By the way, I admire all people who post here in English as a nonnative language.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Etre étranger a un avantage sur les forums anglophones : es gibt diejenigen, die verstehen wollen, es gibt diejenigen, die widersprechen wollen :)

Oui, c'est vrai! ;)
    I wish I were a cunning linguist - or at least bilingual - ... but alas, I'm not.
    I hope Daniel Craig doesn't ski in this one, that would be so cheesy.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 14,880
    I hope Daniel Craig doesn't ski in this one, that would be so cheesy.

Welcome to the forums @007reportingforduty I'm wondering why you would feel having Daniel Craig on skis looking cheesy?
    We haven't had a Bond in snow situation (Or at least skiing) since TWINE.

I think the problem with any skiing sequence is, that DC doesn't know how to ski - at all. So - in order to make it look realistic, he would need to learn REAL fast and being a skier myself, I doubt, that's possible. Even for an athlete like him. For that, I hope, they stay away from it. Too much CGI would be needed and audiences don't like that anymore in action sequences.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wouldn't want to see another ski chase any time soon. It's just another Bond trope that's been done many times already. I'd like to see Bond in some kind of peril that he has to use his wits to escape from quickly or game over. Something like the scene in Moonraker where he's trapped under the rocket, but without the help of gadgets. That would be real exciting. Actually I'd love to see the Dr. No giant squid fight brought to life.
    I don't mind not having a ski chase, but I want a location and scenes with snow. More than just passing through quickly.
    Why the desperation for snow? I would like a bit of glitzy glamour and that is done best in sunny locations.
    Oh no, we have not had some great snow scenes in a long time. It is overdue and lovely. I am rather tired of warm island scenes.
    I think the problem with any skiing sequence is, that DC doesn't know how to ski - at all. So - in order to make it look realistic, he would need to learn REAL fast and being a skier myself, I doubt, that's possible. Even for an athlete like him. For that, I hope, they stay away from it. Too much CGI would be needed
    Or just a ski mask ;-)

• Germanlady wrote: »
    I think the problem with any skiing sequence is, that DC doesn't know how to ski - at all. So - in order to make it look realistic, he would need to learn REAL fast and being a skier myself, I doubt, that's possible. Even for an athlete like him. For that, I hope, they stay away from it. Too much CGI would be needed and audiences don't like that anymore in action sequences.

If there is to be a skiing sequence in any of the upcoming Craig films then I would guess that for the important dangerous stunt work on snow or ice a professional skier would be used (no need for cgi there). There are other ways of creating the illusion that its DC on skis that do not need to use CGI or bluescreen techniques to make it look convincing. Its time that we got back on the slopes in a Bond film - and lets get a classic scene on snow in there to rival the work that was on display in OHMSS or FYEO.

Exactly; I was thinking of OHMSS and FYEO of course. I want some of that atmosphere for part of the film. And I think I may get it; just don't know how much.

If there is to be a skiing sequence in any of the upcoming Craig films then I would guess that for the important dangerous stunt work on snow or ice a professional skier would be used (no need for cgi there). There are other ways of creating the illusion that its DC on skis that do not need to use CGI or bluescreen techniques to make it look convincing. Its time that we got back on the slopes in a Bond film - and lets get a classic scene on snow in there to rival the work that was on display in OHMSS or FYEO.

Maybe, IF they stay clear of close ups.
    I'm not fussed about having a ski sequence. I think it's hard to think of a reason for Bond to escape on skis without it feeling contrived or forced. I don't see why so many are desperate for it.

It's been done multiple times before and they'll never top the OHMSS chase. Lets have some exciting new stunts. I like @Germanlady's suggestion of mountain climbing. We've only had that once (FYEO) and you could get some real tension and excitement from that. Or maybe Bond has to use a wingsuit to infiltrate somewhere. Maybe we could have a scuba diving sequence, that hasn't been done for ages and I think you could get a lot of tension out of that (maybe Bond has to swim through some caves which start collapsing, maybe he's attacked by a shark and his oxygen tank is broken so he can't breath, etc), and if you filmed somewhere sunny/tropical then it'd look amazing.
    I don't need the skiing, I just want the beautiful snowy location being utilized nicely.
    And I'm all for mountain climbing; FYEO has some of my favorite scenes with that. And that was decades ago.
    I am warming up about Rome as a setting, although Italy has been done often already during the Craig era. That said, like someone said, Italy always worked for Bond.

I am not too keen on a big chase sequence. At least not in the PTS, as it has been done twice in a row. I would rather have something more sober for the PTS, like in CR.
    Yes, as a PTS something short and sweet
    I feel like perhaps Mendes likes to get the first big action set piece out of the way to make room for his more dramatic approach for the first hour of the film. He probably doesn't like the idea that the story HAS to lead to some big event early on, so he just gets it done right away.
    Considering sam mendes really does a ski sequence, and how he mentioned TSWLM part when roger Moore jumped off the cliff and pulled the parachute to reveal the Union Jack, I have a feeling that he will recreate it. I just don't think DC really fits that type of persona. It worked for roger so leave it in the past.