SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

I've been predicting some alpine action for a very long time.

Mendes took his first ever ski holiday this year. Some might think it's pure coincidence, but I doubt it.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited July 2014 Posts: 2,539
    Sandy wrote: »
    It appears Mr Powell might have shown too much, both photos (and comments) were removed from his Instagram feed :-?

Now we are sure we are onto something here... :D

I'm for Austria for the cows picture. Too green for Morocco or Rome...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It sounds interesting, but I'd rather see anything else than an Italian Aston Martin car chase in the PTS. We JUST had that two films ago. Why not do a motorcycle chase in Istanbul or a fist fight in a bathroom while we're at it?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It sounds interesting, but I'd rather see anything else than an Italian Aston Martin car chase in the PTS. We JUST had that two films ago. Why not do a motorcycle chase in Istanbul or a fist fight in a bathroom while we're at it?

We don't know if there's going to be a chase, from what I understoon it was the president of Cinecitá that suggested a car chase, am I right?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

We don't know if there's going to be a chase, from what I understoon it was the president of Cinecitá that suggested a car chase, am I right?

After being in conversations with the producers... ;) :D
    It's either mere speculation or it's confirmed behind-the-scenes. Either way, it's a talking point, and if it comes to fruition, I won't be terribly excited. Even though it lacked the DB9, SF even had two different vehicle pursuits in the PTS, is another (which sounds like a QoS copycat, of sorts) necessary? Give Craig an all-black outfit (like Dalton in TLD or Brosnan in GE) and have him infiltrate a facility or something like that. I want to see him going undercover like that, especially in a PTS.
    Heck, I want a car chase in Rome with Bond driving an old Fiat Cinquecento

( X_X Runs for shelter)
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 11,425
    Heck, I want a car chase in Rome with Bond driving an old Fiat Cinquecento

( X_X Runs for shelter)

I wouldn't necessarily mind that. Reckon they'd let him drive it down the Spanish steps? Or are we coming over all Rogerish?
    I'd like a scene in the Roman forum or at Hadrian's villa. Some spying in the former and a first encounter with the villain at the latter.

Oh and what's the Bruce Lee film with a fight scene in the Colloseum? Homage time please. Or has that been done already?
    @Getafix, is it 'Way of the Dragon' when he fights Chuck Norris?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I just these are locations just to be locations... doubt Quantum and doubt Blofeld. And yea if you pick it to death another Aston chase in Italy but expect this one to be more understated.

Locations don't have the same impact anymore...really since that dreadful GE because world has seen the world. No need to set up checking in hotel yada yada ...just cut to there and umm there ya are.
    @Getafix, is it 'Way of the Dragon' when he fights Chuck Norris?

That's it. Get back Chuck as the villain, I say! That would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I should be producing the Bond movies!

IMHO.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    I think one of the refreshing things about Sam Mendes is that he seems to often ask: "How can we do this slightly differently than it was done before?" Should be cool to see what unique spin they try to put on the chase.
    Morocco? Meh. Rome? Meh. Both have been seen often before in many movies. Austria, now there's an idea.
    Strelik wrote: »
    Italy and Austria again? If true, I guess Quantum is back.
    Hmm. Perhaps, but it's also the general vicinity of Blofeld's Switzerland-Italy stomping grounds, and he is a character that Eon just re-acquired, along with SPECTRE. The western alps of Austria easily could "stand-in" for Switzerland and it would be logistically cheaper to film there.

Also, in Thunderball or OHMSS, Fleming wrote that Blofeld hid out in Scandinavia (Sweden) during World War II and used it as a base of operations. I wonder if John Logan or P+W are culling ideas from those stories.

If Eon was going to reintroduce Blofeld in Bond 24, these are kinda the locations one would expect.

All in all, these reported locations are very interesting.

I wish you were right, sadly I think it is a bit far fetched. But if you are right, I would be very happy.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I think, as @Sandy mentioned, Mr. Powell's photos and comments being removed do show that it is more than mere speculation at this point.

Personally, I'm happy with Rome being featured. I think with Mendes it would be beautifully done, different, and fun. I wouldn't mind seeing some Vespas involved, too. It doesn't have to be a standard car chase, yet if it is then I just want it to be exciting and fun.

I want the locations to be beautiful and spend enough time there to not feel rushed. I want to get a sense of the place.

Rome, Vespas, Astons, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, Fiats, gelato - bring it on!
    :-bd
    I think, as @Sandy mentioned, Mr. Powell's photos and comments being removed do show that it is more than mere speculation at this point.

Personally, I'm happy with Rome being featured. I think with Mendes it would be beautifully done, different, and fun. I wouldn't mind seeing some Vespas involved, too. It doesn't have to be a standard car chase, yet if it is then I just want it to be exciting and fun.

I want the locations to be beautiful and spend enough time there to not feel rushed. I want to get a sense of the place.

Rome, Vespas, Astons, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, Fiats, gelato - bring it on!
    :-bd

Where do I sign? Now, if only Bond drove a Lambretta down the Spanish Steps I'd be a happy girl ;;)
    Coulod someone tell me, please, what the removed pics were all about? And the comments?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm all for a proper car chase because imo we havnt really had one from Craig, well a good one anyway. In CR he drove for about 7seconds before going roley-poley-oley and then the PTS for QoS was criminally hacked to death. I want a bullit-esque, skilful and thrilling car chase and again, Rome is a stunning city. I say bring it on.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I'm all for a proper car chase because imo we havnt really had one from Craig, well a good one anyway. In CR he drove for about 7seconds before going roley-poley-oley and then the PTS for QoS was criminally hacked to death. I want a bullit-esque, skilful and thrilling car chase and again, Rome is a stunning city. I say bring it on.

I agree. It may have been 'done' before but when was the last time it was done the right way?
  • I recently spent a few days in Rome and thought it was a wonderful city and while there I was trying to figure out why the Bond team hadn't shot there. A car chase through Rome would definately be interesting and would certainly make for some great sightseeing along the way! Maybe we are going to get DC take a fiat or a vespa for a spin down the spanish steps while the couple from the London Tube are there on a weekend break and say "I bet he's in a hurry to get home"!!!
    I also visited the Cinecitta film studios and there is certainly plenty of space available to accomodate the Bond team (there wasn't a lot of production going on while I was there ) and I'm sure Mendes would love to shoot on Soundstage 5 where Fellini shot his films.
    Just driving a rental car through the streets of Rome makes you feel like you're in a Bond car Chase. The traffic is pure crazyness! But still it's not half as bad as in Naples... :P
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Coulod someone tell me, please, what the removed pics were all about? And the comments?

http://thebondbulletin.blogspot.com.br/2014/07/bond24-possible-location-scouting.html

;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    thanks very much, marketto007! B-)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited July 2014 Posts: 1,257
    I've been avoiding it for the past month or so but the temptation was too much; I had to peek into this thread and read the updates!

I'm excited about these rumored locations. I'm crossing my fingers that Bond will be doing some skiing in Austria. [-O<
    Figured I'd post this here: Sony exec Elizabeth Cantillon will become a producer with a three-year, first-look deal at the studio. She'll start with producing B24.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/sony-exec-elizabeth-cantillon-becoming-producer-still-shepherding-next-007/
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    dalton wrote: »
    If Mendes gives us Rome, it will be done differently than in the past. I really want to know the cinematographer soon. :)

That's the next bit of news I'm really eager to hear about. I can't wait to see who it is.
    Hoyte Van Hoytema.

As for the rumored locations, they don't really excite me. Morocco has been done to death in the spy genre and Italy should not appear in a Bond film for at least another decade since it was so heavily featured in both CR and QOS.

I have to agree. Not particularly excited about the locations either. Italy really should have been off the table as a location given its extensive use already in the Craig films.

Although I suppose it won't end up mattering all that much anyway, as they'll probably film a good number of the scenes from these locations on the back lot of the studio as they did with Skyfall.

Disagree. Italy *always* works in Bond films. Even in lesser ones like MR and QoS, it's the Italian scenes that pop.
    True. Although completely uninspired as a location, it is difficult to go wrong with Italy. It oozes all the Euro classiness, history and romance that you want in a Bond movie. And of course the women are beautiful.
    Germanlady wrote: »

http://thebondbulletin.blogspot.com.br/2014/07/bond24-possible-location-scouting.html

;)
    Thanks a bunch, marketto :)
    UKFilmNews.com @UKFilmNews 9 Min.
    Daniel Craig's 007 will be driving a new Aston Martin through Rome's Via Quattro Fontane in one of key 'Bond 24' action sequences.