SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Morocco is very popular at the moment for film and television productions but even so, this would only be Bond's second visit in 53 years, his first being 27 years ago. If they go, please do something really worthwhile, have Bond without the aid of MI6 and it could make for a great addition to any Bond film.
    So I think we have our first possible bit of news for bond 24 locations Jwest I would update the title... plus I love the locations... Now if we can just get the title Risico ;)
    Risico007 wrote: »
    So I think we have our first possible bit of news for bond 24 locations Jwest I would update the title... plus I love the locations... Now if we can just get the title Risico ;)

Yea bud its just that I don't sit here and refresh the page 24/7 as I'd like. On it now, though.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

Yea bud its just that I don't sit here and refresh the page 24/7 as I'd like. On it now, though.

I am sorry just I am quite excited your doing a fantastic job though
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    ggl007 wrote: »

According to some other sources, BOND 24 may be filmed in the classic Cinecittà Studios.

Luciano Sovena , President of Roma Lazio Film Commission, told the italian press that a "spectacular car chase will be filmed in Via Quattro Fontane in Rome"
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well, perhaps there is some truth to it. I didn't expect another Italian car chase so soon.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    If Mendes gives us Rome, it will be done differently than in the past. I really want to know the cinematographer soon. :)
    If Mendes gives us Rome, it will be done differently than in the past. I really want to know the cinematographer soon. :)

That's the next bit of news I'm really eager to hear about. I can't wait to see who it is.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Well, French can read/decipher Italian quite easily [but I wouldn't try to speak it !], so here is what I found :

The original paper everyone is quoting seems to be by journalist Gloria Satta :

http://trovafilm.ilmessaggero.it/news/roma-007-devil-may-care/809114.shtml

In it, it is said clearly that the new - and I mean : very new - President of the Film Commission, Luciano Sovena, wants EON to film in Roma, and that he has met them, which is at least something a bit more relevant than the usual stuff

Remember Versailles also offered EON to shoot a spectacular chase in the Castle of Versailles a few years ago - for free ! - and the head of Versailles did some interviews in the press about it. Yes, it was a spectacular chase too... Mind you, what else could they propose, a spectacular explosion ? :)

In the paper, it is said that nothing is certain, and in particular the legal stuff in order to shoot is not done at all, and Sovena even says he hopes the administration will not stop everything.

The same for Cinecitta studios : he wants them to come in these studios, but it's not a deal done.

Also, "Devil May Care" is also said to be a rumored title in the paper, which echoes other rumors, but do not pass them as fact.

So, well, we've got a newly elected president (for about a week), who is making spectacular announcements... Time will tell.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I hope Rome does finally show up in a Bond film...
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's the next bit of news I'm really eager to hear about. I can't wait to see who it is.
    Hoyte Van Hoytema.

As for the rumored locations, they don't really excite me. Morocco has been done to death in the spy genre and Italy should not appear in a Bond film for at least another decade since it was so heavily featured in both CR and QOS.
    @PanchitoPistoles, you've said that a few times now, I believe. I'll wait for confirmation on it before I cue excitement.

Hoyte Van Hoytema.

As for the rumored locations, they don't really excite me. Morocco has been done to death in the spy genre and Italy should not appear in a Bond film for at least another decade since it was so heavily featured in both CR and QOS.

I have to agree. Not particularly excited about the locations either. Italy really should have been off the table as a location given its extensive use already in the Craig films.

Although I suppose it won't end up mattering all that much anyway, as they'll probably film a good number of the scenes from these locations on the back lot of the studio as they did with Skyfall.
    I want the locations shown on film, just like always. I want to see the budget on the big screen.
    It would be nice if they did that. That was one of the first things that turned me off to Skyfall, sitting in the theater and having it be pretty obvious that their "exotic" locations were nothing more than sets on the back lot, for the most part anyway.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited July 2014 Posts: 108
    Rome - I'd love that!! We could see Bond leaving Morocco, doing something exciting (I'm all for a car chase leaving Rome and going along the winding roads heading north in Italy!) and jumping to Austria for some snow scenes. Still want Scandinavia scenes (I so hope Norwegian fjords!). Yes, that is interesting!
    Rome is a great location (as long as Mendes cuts out the stray cats and pan-handlers). I'm actually surprised Bond hasn't visited Rome before in his globe-trotting.
    I'm still praying for Mendes to pick Hoyte van Hoytema. His cinematography is perfect for Bond.
    It's all about how the locations are used. Rome is not Sienna or Venice and will look and feel quite different. I do wonder sometimes though whether Mendes has watched any of the other Bond films post Live and Let Die.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well we know he's definitely seen CR.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator

Fake. They won't use 'Devil May Care' as the title and a PTS involving a car chase in Italy? They just did that in QoS, surely they have come up with something different.

On the money.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 12,459
    So perhaps the powers that be in Rome, and the fans there, are just having wishful thinking and putting the word out in hopes that it really materializes.

I'm going back to rooting firmly for a decent Scandinavian shoot, which would be awesome and different. And I hope not just a 2 minute glimpse as Bond shoots in and out or something too minor.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Don't forget that a place can be another. I mean, Morocco really can be any country in the Middle East (Al-Qaeda, at last?) and Austria and the Alps perhaps are only here for the snow: now I'm sure we'll see Craig skiing.

Yes, Rome is just Rome. And, good point, @marketto007, perhaps the Italians knew something after all... ;)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Can't help but feel a bit deflated if Italy is used as a location. Five Bond films have used Italy as a location, not to mention being used in both CR and QOS. Somewhere yet to be explored in the Bond world please.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Can't help but feel a bit deflated if Italy is used as a location. Five Bond films have used Italy as a location, not to mention being used in both CR and QOS. Somewhere yet to be explored in the Bond world please.

But Rome has (unbelievably) never been used and it's totally different from Sienna and Venice. It opens a lot of opportunities.
    Don't forget that a place can be another. I mean, Morocco really can be any country in the Middle East (Al-Qaeda, at last?) and Austria and the Alps perhaps are only here for the snow: now I'm sure we'll see Craig skiing.

Yes, Rome is just Rome. And, good point, @marketto007, perhaps the Italians knew something after all... ;)

That's what I thought when I saw the comment as well, I couldn't wait to share it here!

There are a few interesting photos on his instagram page, some have obviously nothing to do with Bond, others may or may not have. There's a very funny one of cows but if you look closely (not at the cows), you'll see a nice, curvy, country road.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I want Scandinavia more than anything. But Rome itself would be lovely and interesting.

I don't want Africa or middle eastern countries to feature. I do want some different locations that are gorgeous. The Caribbean, or at least exotic islands, have been done so much, too, it seems.

Just thinking of Australia ... I'm rather surprised Bond did not go there during the huge Aussie craze that hit the world (well, especially the U.S.) with Crocodile Dundee.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 3,160

Good point. And Austria could easily double for Scandianavia - Sweden or Norway that is - if they are going for a ski chase, much like France doubled for Azerbaijan in TWINE.

About Rome: Don't know what to think. Dan Brown's 'Inferno' is also coming out late 2015. Most of the movie takes place in Florence and Venice, so maybe a tad much Italy for me.

Rome would be fantastic. I can't find any links on either Morocco or Austria so I'm not sure of those rumours.

As for the rumour that Devil May Care may be the title; I like it. I always loved that title, the film can appropriate the title and not use any story elements. Faulks would not even need to be credited, maybe just a little notes in the 'thanks' section of the credits.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 7,500
    We have had several visits to Italy already in the Craig era. Although I adore the country, and Rome, we don't need another one just yet.

EON have already been in Morocco and Austria. Some panorama shots of the Austrian alps with some action thrown in isn't too bad. Marrakech would also be good. But still... I think they should be more creative than that. There are so many corners of the globe Bond has never visited, but EON keep on exploring basically the same old "tried and tested" places they've already been to. If the rumours are true, it's a little dissapointing I think...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Let's not forget the discussions with those in Rome are likely preliminary, like those with India three years ago and we know what happened there.

More than anything I'd like to know what is actually planned to be shot there.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Austria, Rome and Morocco. Shades of The Living Daylights there methinks. Not bad locations if they're true. But I have to agree with @Samuel001 , it's still in the early stages of location scouting.
    Wouldn't mind seeing Bond return to the US at some point soon. And of course Australia. That's a must. ;)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    Let's not forget the discussions with those in Rome are likely preliminary, like those with India three years ago and we know what happened there.

More than anything I'd like to know what is actually planned to be shot there.
    A chase in the streets!
    An Italian Job for 007?