SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Considering sam mendes really does a ski sequence, and how he mentioned TSWLM part when roger Moore jumped off the cliff and pulled the parachute to reveal the Union Jack, I have a feeling that he will recreate it. I just don't think DC really fits that type of persona. It worked for roger so leave it in the past.

Why would he recreate that scene, would you care to explain?

I would love to have ski back, I think mountain climbing would be a great idea @Germanlady, a nice and original car chase is always welcome (and we know how much Craig loves his car chases), diving is a fab idea @thelivingroyale. Whatever it is, make it good and I'll be there to applaud.
    @Sandy Sam stated in a few interviews that that scene really stood out to him and that when he saw it in cinemas the whole audience cheered. Now considering he did something like that in Skyfall with the Aston Martin DB5 where everyone cheered for that, I'm sure he'd want to replicate that moment again in this one somehow.
    @Sandy Sam stated in a few interviews that that scene really stood out to him and that when he saw it in cinemas the whole audience cheered. Now considering he did something like that in Skyfall with the Aston Martin DB5 where everyone cheered for that, I'm sure he'd want to replicate that moment again in this one somehow.

So he said about so many other scenes while speaking about Bond films in several occasions. Does that mean he's going to pick scenes from his favourite Bond films for a best-of? No, not really. Besides, the Olympics openning scene already used the Union Jack parachute, it won't be used again.
    Imagine Michael Bay directs Bond 25.
  • 007FTW007FTW Banned
    Watch the car chase in Rome involve Bond's Aston and the goon's Alfa Romeo like in Quantum.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2014 Posts: 11,139

Yeah but Mendes isn't going to have Craig open up a parachute with the British flag on it. The Olympics thing is sill recent and served a very different purpose to what Craig's Bond would do in an actual Bond film. Try to put what he's saying into context. It's all about creating or recreating certain scenes that can provoke that special typical moment that resonates well with the audience.

@doubleoego I see. Either way I don't want DC to ski in general, I don't think it will suit him well.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 2,015

It's very hard not to go into spoiler territory here, but well that TSWLM moment MAY be used in a forthcoming movie... and it's sure there will be "snowy scenes" in this Bond-like movie.

Also, don't forget that "Craig's Bond" already jumped in parachute with an Union Jack : at the olympics ! [Oops : burnt by another non English fan :) ]

So the context is a bit against it, IMO. But without it, even if it sounds "too silly" for Mendes' Bond, what would have been the reactions here if a leak before the release of Skyfall had talked about Craig using the machine guns of the DB5, frankly ?

And well, the "Bond on snow" moment was done recently in Inception, somehow... Nolan even acknowledged it was his "Bond action scene". Black berets for the bad guys, white berets for the good guys, to make everything clear :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, I love Inception and the snow scenes were great; intense snowy environment, that.
    &Suivez, the parachute segment used for the Olympics served the purpose of the whole Britannia feel the ceremony was going for. The point of the ceremony was to emphasise and showcase as much of British culture as possible and what more than both Bond and the Queen parachuting out of a plane together with the Union Jack. It was great for the ceremony but I guarantee you, you'll never see anything like that in a Craig Bond movie at least.
    So because they used that segment during the Olympics means it's completely off the table in any future bond film? I doubt that. What if maybe they don't put him on skis, maybe he'll do a big action sequence using a ski doo or snowboard and then replicate that scene. Who knows?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Quite frankly, it's never gonna happen.
    Read what I wrote. I said you're not going to see customised British flag parachutes in a Craig Bond movie and no not just because it was used in the Olympics, which I've already explained.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 5,080
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Read what I wrote. I said you're not going to see customised British flag parachutes in a Craig Bond movie and no not just because it was used in the Olympics, which I've already explained.

Are you referring to me?

If so, I was responding to @007reportingforduty
    Morocco, Italy, Austria, didn't they use those film locations in TLD? Imagine Quantum using Smiert Spionam since they've already got the list of agents?
    I don't think that they should go with Quantum trying to hunt down enemy agents in the next film. First, they just did that in Skyfall, even if it was a subplot that got discarded less than halfway through the film and was never brought up again. Second, especially given the fact that the locations that are rumored have been visited before in The Living Daylights, perhaps it might be a bit much to also revisit that film's plot in Bond 24 as well.
    @dalton Yes but it was a significant plot hole, and Sam stated that in this one he is going to cover up those holes. Perhaps Bond 24 won't follow TLD's plot, but the list is still out there.
    @MayDayDiVicenzo they weren't suggestions, it was a mere idea that I wanted clarification on and it's done so move on.

You are now discussing the possibility of Smiert Spionam returning in Bond 24. Whatever next? A plot involving faberge eggs, circuses and an atomic bomb?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I just want Bond to do things he hasn't done before. Bond films can take place in the winter and not require skiing.
    @MayDayDiVicenzo I don't think the writers want to go back to Octupussy :) lolol
    Murdock wrote: »
    I just want Bond to do things he hasn't done before. Bond films can take place in the winter and not require skiing.

But Bond and skiing are two things that go along perfectly. We don't know if they are considering skiing, but several people connected to the film seem to have taken up skiing suddenly in the last few months... I doubt they are thinking of using curling instead ;;)
    @MayDayDiVicenzo I don't think the writers want to go back to Octupussy :) lolol

And neither do they want to go back to The Living Daylights or The Spy Who Loved Me.

And neither do they want to go back to The Living Daylights or The Spy Who Loved Me.
    How would you know know that ;)
    Indeed MayDay.
    Exactly!

Curling, @Sandy? That's perfect. I am still laughing. ("007, I think there's a bomb in that stone!" Oh, the tension as the stone moves ever so slowly down its path ... OK; maybe not.)

Bond could be lounging on a deck, overlooking the ski slopes, sipping a hot toddy (or something) with a gorgeous woman when he notices the evil bad buy zipping down the hill, skiing ferociously obviously trying to catch up with the innocent looking "tourist" who had just gotten to the bottom of the hill (actually Bond's ally). Bond watches discreetly yet intently - and then, with perfect timing, stands up, glass in hand as if to survey the lovely scene better, and as the bad guy crosses in front of Bond, a mere 20 yards away, Bond fires the gun hidden in his jacket and takes him down. He turns calmly back to the table to finish his drink with his companion.

Point is: Bond can be skiing, or Bond can be doing plenty of other things besides skiing. The location could be beautiful, fun, and exciting. Minus the curling perhaps. ;)

Indeed MayDay.
    Exactly!

Curling, @Sandy? That's perfect. I am still laughing. ("007, I think there's a bomb in that stone!" Oh, the tension as the stone moves ever so slowly down its path ... OK; maybe not.)

Bond could be lounging on a deck, overlooking the ski slopes, sipping a hot toddy (or something) with a gorgeous woman when he notices the evil bad buy zipping down the hill, skiing ferociously obviously trying to catch up with the innocent looking "tourist" who had just gotten to the bottom of the hill (actually Bond's ally). Bond watches discreetly yet intently - and then, with perfect timing, stands up, glass in hand as if to survey the lovely scene better, and as the bad guy crosses in front of Bond, a mere 20 yards away, Bond fires the gun hidden in his jacket and takes him down. He turns calmly back to the table to finish his drink with his companion.

Point is: Bond can be skiing, or Bond can be doing plenty of other things besides skiing. The location could be beautiful, fun, and exciting. Minus the curling perhaps. ;)

That sounds great @4EverBonded! You just reminded me of something I wrote here a few months ago, that MP had to go to a cabin in the mountains to drag Bond back to work. I really should find it, it was a good one.
    Oh I love Moneypenny going to a cabin to get Bond! Please repost it; for whatever reason, I cannot remember it.

And you are spot on about the Scandinavian 'lore. :)
    edited July 2014 Posts: 4,012
    Found it @4EverBonded! I wrote this in February.
    Sandy wrote: »
    As I have stated many times, I'm all for skiing in Bond 24 :-bd
    Of course, this might just be a coincidence, but I wish it isn't.
    ggl007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    So we have skiing sequence rumored for bond 24 good

No, we don't. All we know is that Sam Mendes went skiing recently. :bz

And wasn´t Naomie Harris also skiing the other day?? :-\"

(Now: a pts with Bond and Moneypenny skiing? Just to calm down the Harris "wishes" of action...?)

Just imagine, M receiving some disturbing news on the phone, he calls Miss Moneypenny and asks casually "Track 007 and ask him to report for duty immediately We need him.", MP says "I'll do my best sir". Cut to Bond having well deserved snow holidays in a bungalow somewhere in the Alps with a lovely lady. Suddenly a knock on the door and MP arrives to spoil the party call him back "Never turn your phone off again 007, don't you know I hate snow?". Too Moore perhaps :-? Still, I wouldn't mind.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    It was great for the ceremony but I guarantee you, you'll never see anything like that in a Craig Bond movie at least.

I agree it's very unlikely, but well the whole point of directing a movie is to be able to put things in it that look so weird out of context...

For instance, Mendes could have a scene with coffins covered with UK flags without making it look indecent in a Bond movie (remember the stir it caused when there were leaks about such a ceremony in a Bond movie). Mendes could bring back against all logic the DB5 and its gadgets without making it look like the 80s Bond. Etc.. So he could bring back the UK flag on a parachute with some context if he wanted to, I'm pretty sure.

What we can "guarantee" is that we won't see blatant OTT for the sake of it in a Craig Bond movie, ok. But "quotes from the past" enable a director to do a lot of things. Like making Bond jump on a CG Komodo dragon.

@MayDayDiVicenzo they weren't suggestions, it was a mere idea that I wanted clarification on and it's done so move on.

You are now discussing the possibility of Smiert Spionam returning in Bond 24. Whatever next? A plot involving faberge eggs, circuses and an atomic bomb?

Well,considering the wealth of originality Mendes and Logan displayed in SF this doesn't sound too far fetched to me.