The Official Halloween thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    chrisisall wrote:
    Flagged for sugar content.
    :))

Haha, might have to have everyone flag, in that case, for how much candy I received! And I must say, I've never been happier to change my clothes and just lay down. The bag got so heavy and I was so tired of walking around, and my 'You're Next' mask had zero room in it, so it got hot and hard to breathe every few minutes, with 10% vision. Piece of trash.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    My Son bagged about 2 pounds of the stuff, and I will steal it all in time, MUHUHUHAHAHAHA!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just got done with my tradition Halloween viewing of Carpenter's horror masterpiece of the same name. I would follow it up with Halloween II, but the first one ends so perfectly, where you see that Michael is gone, but you have no idea where he is. It seems fitting for such a night.
    Halloween 2 was on UK TV last night. Been years since I've seen it so I watched that instead of The Thing.
    Just got done with my tradition Halloween viewing of Carpenter's horror masterpiece of the same name. I would follow it up with Halloween II, but the first one ends so perfectly, where you see that Michael is gone, but you have no idea where he is. It seems fitting for such a night.

I always feel guilty if I don't watch the second right after the first. It's great how it opens up with a recap (albeit slightly different editing) and then just continues through the night. I love it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @WillyGalore, I wanted to know (since you are a Shining fan) if you have ever seen "Room 237"? It is basically a film examination/documentary featuring a bunch of people who tell all their theories about what Kubrick was trying to convey in the film. Some of it is enjoyable and a few theories aren't that bad, but when the pretentious people step in and share their fantastical ideas my eyes hurt from rolling them too much. These are the kinds of people who think Kubrick was such a perfect god that he never ever made a single continuity mistake in his film career, and if he did it was completely intentional, which is crap. Kubrick was brilliant, that's obvious, but he wasn't infallible.
    Speaking of 'The Shining,' which I haven't seen in many years, my Dad picked up King's new novel that is a prequel to it called 'Doctor Sleep,' and he said it's great so far.

The first one is for me the perfect horror movie. The second one was already a weak followup and the least we say about the others the better.
    Ludovico wrote:

The first one is for me the perfect horror movie. The second one was already a weak followup and the least we say about the others the better.

#2 was okay, and is the end of Carpenter's plans for the characters, so that is cool. As I said, I usually only watch the first one on Halloween night namely because the ending is a paranoid and haunting one, which I find more fitting for the night of the 31st.
    Ludovico wrote:

#2 was okay, and is the end of Carpenter's plans for the characters, so that is cool. As I said, I usually only watch the first one on Halloween night namely because the ending is a paranoid and haunting one, which I find more fitting for the night of the 31st.

I think it works much better if Laurie is not Michael's sister. A twist that was worthy of soap opera, not Hitchcock. Carpenter himself said Halloween 2 was xeroxed and that it was not good.
    Well, I like both Halloween I & II, and like CR & QOS see them as two parts of the same larger story.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Well, I like both Halloween I & II, and like CR & QOS see them as two parts of the same larger story.

John Carpenter said it himself that the first movie was self-contained. For me it is pretty much horror perfection. It has flaws (mainly it does not look like autumn very often), but the flaws are external to the plot and the quality of the story. I think the story could have been explored further, like Godfather II did, sadly it was xeroxed (again, those are Carpenter's words).
    Ludovico wrote:
    sadly it was xeroxed (again, those are Carpenter's words).

I don't care, I liked it; I still do. :))
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 4,813
    More pics to come.
    Just about ready for my par-tay: chocolate eyeballs, jelly beans, starburst candy corn, cookies, vodka, rum, vodka. That ought to just about do for a start. ;)

1399371_10100263197656961_1476868426_o.jpg

This is pretty much me right now, complete with cat-pet at the end. I didn't smash my mirror though :)

Love the skull.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    My Halloween as The Wolverine!

af09dfc0-e623-45a2-8328-59c0de54380a_zps77f650f7.jpg?t=1383441167
    Right down to the muscles, EXCELLENT.
    @talos7 OBVIOUSLY just photoshopped his head onto my tanned, ripped body. No credit these days... :-)
    edited November 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @talos7 OBVIOUSLY just photoshopped his head onto my tanned, ripped body. No credit these days... :-)
    Where's YOUR credit? You're such a hypocrite these days, you know that? Where's MY slice of this pie? After all, I was the athletic trainer who helped you get those muscles. ;)
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Where's YOUR credit? You're such a hypocrite these days, you know that? Where's MY slice of this pie? After all, I was the athletic trainer who helped you get those muscles. ;)

C'monnn, you know wherever I go, the ladies just look right through me and see your incredible work instead!
    All my secrets exposed! ;)
    Sorry I didn't see Wolverine, only your lady colleagues in the back.
  • Pretty damn quiet event this year. Got back quite late after an evening out with my wife and a few alcoholic beverages and didn't see much in the way of any paranormal activity, although the prices at one or two restaurants, did provide a scare or two. You get to a certain age and the whole occasion seems rather void and redundant, and you seem to want to divorce yourself from any activities. Good for the kids and they had their fun, but sort of a relief it's out of the way for another year
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 4,813
    chrisisall wrote:
    This will be my best one yet- I can't wait
    We WILL require pictures after the fact you understand....
    Finally have pics from my party! I was Eric Draven and my girlfriend was the 'reboot' Lara Croft

923037_10100264158745931_272642859_n.jpg

548419_10100264156715001_2011662512_n.jpg
    edited November 2013 Posts: 17,687
    AWESOME!!!!!!! wow! You've done them justice, my friend!
    Be proud! Both of you!
    Outstanding! Great job.
    chrisisall wrote:
    This will be my best one yet- I can't wait
    We WILL require pictures after the fact you understand....
    Finally have pics from my party! I was Eric Draven and my girlfriend was the 'reboot' Lara Croft

923037_10100264158745931_272642859_n.jpg

548419_10100264156715001_2011662512_n.jpg

My goodness they are two awesome outfits! Absolutely brilliant! =D>
    This is worth a look for all the fans of The Shining:
    http://alancook.wordpress.com/tag/the-unaltered-ballroom-photo-from-the-shining/
    This just arrived. I am so ready this year.....

photo2_zps5928c91e.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    So it's that time of year again? Are any of you planning on dressing up? For me, I'm making an original costume. A Star Trek Original series, short sleeve uniform variant. I've already got the shirt and the patch but I've yet to attach it, but this is how it will look when finished.

kgmnfhF.jpg