The Official Halloween thread

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Nice @Murdock. Sonisall & I are working on his suit of fantasy armour (his original design), I'm afraid I will be costumeless but I will live out Halloween vicariously through him as I savour my Seaview model when finished (so many projects so little time).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sounds awesome @chrisisall! I can't wait to see that.

I also got this new Star Trek Beyond shoulder patch I'm going to Iron onto my custom Star Trek jacket I made a few years back.
    KrqkSRGl.jpg
    PNDKJ9Ul.jpg
    yep it is about that time again....
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I can't decide if I should go as Britney, Justin Bieber or Silva.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @BondJasonBond006, go as anyone you like, but do avoid coming on to attractive youngsters too much. There are laws about that, even in your neck of the woods.
  • It sucks that it's on a Monday this year. I actually don't have anything planned- I certainly haven't bought anything in preparation.

My job requires short hair and a shaved face, so that limits me a bit. I may just grab my old leather jacket, have my wife add some blood & chrome to my face, throw in a couple bullet holes for a quick and easy Terminator.
    I do have the gun from T2 after all!
    Happy Halloween MI6'ers !!!

Are my American cousins getting all excited ?
    Your Swiss bro is having fun. The young minions (only dressed in a Roman white cloth) are serving us elders, he he...
    ...while watching Bond...

It's LALD soon...
    Good ,glad to hear it hahaha....and the perfect Bond film for Halloween ,nice one Jason !
    It must be approaching trick or treat time in the US surely ?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    My Son's costume just finished today.
    Fans of the anime "Darker Than Black" will recognize him.
    T5zuBBd.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Just don't go dressed as a clown this year and you should be OK.
    I heard a rumour The Terminator outfit should be popular this year....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @chrisisall, did you trick-or-treat as Thomas Newman?
    I heard a rumour The Terminator outfit should be popular this year....

Well he did say he'd be back.

On the female side, I bet Harley Quinn was super popular.

Yes, he'd just do the same score costume twice.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes, he'd just do the same score costume twice.

@Dragonpol, brilliant!

"Where've you been, Chris?"

"Me? I just went for a costume change, like I said."

"But, you're wearing the same thing you had on just a moment ago..."

"Yeah, your point?"

"Never mind..."
    It's that time again...any plans anybody for the big day ?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2017 Posts: 40,459
    barryt007 wrote: »

It's the best holiday of the year for me, so if by the end of the day I'm not stoned, with a few horror classics watched and a ridiculous amount of terrible candy gorged on, then it wasn't a successful Halloween for me. Just realized it's on a Tuesday, so it may not be as successful as I'd like.

Any plans for you?
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It's the best holiday of the year for me, so if by the end of the day I'm not stoned, with a few horror classics watched and a ridiculous amount of terrible candy gorged on, then it wasn't a successful Halloween for me. Just realized it's on a Tuesday, so it may not be as successful as I'd like.

Any plans for you?

You just described my ideal Halloween, only with margaritas on mine.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Absolutely love this time of year. Pure nostalgia for me.
    Remington wrote: »
    Absolutely love this time of year. Pure nostalgia for me.

Same! Not only the holiday itself, but the whole month of October is great for me - lovely weather, pure nostalgia, and another reason to watch horror movies. Can't beat that.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339

Any plans for you?

Did massive parties when i was married and my 2 young girls were young,the whole street loved our giant inflatable Frankenstein's Monster .
    But since i'm now divorced and my 2 kids dont talk to me (believe me i was/am innocent in the scenario but i've moved into a new chapter in my life ) i will make do with an evening of horror flicks and getting pissed,as my partner cant make a Tuesday...crap night for Halloween to fall on haha !!

• Too bad it’s on a freakin Tuesday this year. Hopefully something will happen the weekend prior or after
    Too bad it’s on a freakin Tuesday this year. Hopefully something will happen the weekend prior or after

Not the same if its not on the night though is it..the night feels different on Halloween...annoying this year.
    Too bad it’s on a freakin Tuesday this year. Hopefully something will happen the weekend prior or after

Not the same if its not on the night though is it..the night feels different on Halloween...annoying this year.

Especially after. I dip out of that Halloween feel as soon as the day ends.

Hopefully you find a way to enjoy yourself this Halloween!

Especially after. I dip out of that Halloween feel as soon as the day ends.

Hopefully you find a way to enjoy yourself this Halloween!

Oh i always do old pal....even on a Tuesday ...meh !
  • Since Halloween is on a Tuesday night this year y'all might as well make the most of it and watch The Dream Master with Tuesday Knight.

Holy crap, I may just do that.
    I'm finding myself especially in the mood this year, and have bought a lot of old horror fiction to possibly leaf through as the weeks progress, in addition to catching any random films on TV I can, including my yearly traditions of seeing the Halloween series (usually on AMC) that never change.

I've never been a big trick or treater, dresser-uper or partier, just like I don't follow the common traditions of Christmas. But what I have always loved is the atmosphere and feeling of this time of year, the same I get throughout all of December. The world feels different when you know you're in the month of Halloween, and I love the mood of it all. I enjoy going on a lot of nighttime walks to see what decorations people have up, the sort of dead feel of the fall with the fallen leaves and barren trees, the chill in the air and how cemeteries never feel more exciting to walk through.