0BradyM0Bondfanatic7's Art and Writing Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am rewatching the wonderful Sherlock BBC series, and I have become Sherlocked indeed, so I shift from Blu-rays to posters, as if they are for promotional use. This is the first one, for A Study in Pink, the series 1 opener:
    astudyinpinkposter.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, that is awesome. I really love it when you take black-and-white images, and then highlight a simple object in them with a dash of color. Makes it look incredibly artistic.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Many thanks, mate. I was on leave to visit my future college for these two days, but am happy to finally be back and home and making more art after I took a break. More Sherlock to come! :)
    Many thanks, mate. I was on leave to visit my future college for these two days, but am happy to finally be back and home and making more art after I took a break. More Sherlock to come! :)

That's nice to hear. I hated orientation, it was incredibly dull and half-assed. Which college do you plan on attending? And you should try some RDJ-Holmes art, as well.
    theblindbankerposter1.jpg
    Creasy47 wrote:

That's nice to hear. I hated orientation, it was incredibly dull and half-assed. Which college do you plan on attending? And you should try some RDJ-Holmes art, as well.

The University of Pittsburgh, and my campus is located in Bradford, about 45 minutes away from my home in Port Allegany in northern PA. RDJ will be coming too, no worries!
    Very nice! I hope you enjoy your first year of college; live it up, it's good fun when you have the chance.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Very nice! I hope you enjoy your first year of college; live it up, it's good fun when you have the chance.
    I'm not the live it up type. Hate vices, not a fan of people I don't know. College just doesn't fit my personality.
    I'm not speaking of vices; I'm an RA, so I have to steer clear from all types of drinking, partying, etc., but if I wasn't, I still wouldn't do it - bad, bad idea. I just mean enjoy yourself - don't let yourself get cluttered with classes, studying, and work 24/7, or you will go completely insane. Be sure to get out and do whatever you like to do when you have the chance. See a movie, hang out with friends, get on here when you can.

I find myself away from these boards quite a bit when classes roll around, so I'm hoping to make time for it as often as I can.

If I could, I wouldn't be returning to college in the fall, but I still have my two jobs lined up, so I kind of see it as a 'temporary work hotel,' if you will. After this year, I'm just saving up money and moving to NY or LA - typical, but it's what I'd like.
    Back when I first saw Munich, I tried to think of a fresh idea for one Blu-ray, but after doing a few wallpapers I couldn't really think of any ideas at the moment. Then, when I recently began looking up images of the cast I saw a great cover with just the Olympic rings with a sniper scope acting as one of the circles. I was really impressed by the simple design, and then it clicked. 5 rings, 5 men on a mission to kill. I placed each man's image in each of the rings, and tossed in a star of David for both covers and this Blu-ray. It turned out better than I could have imagined, and I am very happy with them:

munichbluray1.jpg
    munichblurayversion2.jpg
    newsetmunichwallpaper.jpg
    Oh-ho-hoooo, wow. @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you must stop with these incredibly beautiful works of art. I will be forced to hold you at gunpoint until you cooperate by printing out poster-like copies and offering them up for purchase.
    crblurayagain1.jpg
    Nice effects on the new CR blu-ray artwork. I love the PPK's at the bottom, along with the color brought out in Vesper's dress and incredibly delicious lips.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Nice effects on the new CR blu-ray artwork. I love the PPK's at the bottom, along with the color brought out in Vesper's dress and incredibly delicious lips.
    Eva is a femme fatale fox. If only they would bring back classic black and white noir films she would be fantastic in them.

skyfallbwposter.jpg
    Very, very cool. I don't know why, but I instantly got a LALD vibe when I looked at Silva's face.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Very, very cool. I don't know why, but I instantly got a LALD vibe when I looked at Silva's face.

Sort of reminds me of Baron Samedi's face when the mannequin version of him comes out of the ground and stares blankly until his eyes open for the ceremony to proceed.
    @00Beast, that's exactly what I was thinking of. Instantly popped up in my mind when I looked at it. Very cool poster.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    You're turning out some really fine work @Bardy. Top marks all round.
    thegreatgameposter1.jpg
    batman1989bluray1versio.jpgbatman1989bluray1versio.jpg
    batmanbeginsbluray1.jpg
    My absolute Batmania continues. Not many may know on here, but I used to prominently be a free-hand artist, and nowadays I come back to it and draw a few things when I have the thirst for it. This is just a simple sketch I did and scanned on to my laptop, then inked and colored in GIMP. Didn't take very long, to my surprise. batmanartincolor.jpg
    edited August 2012 Posts: 28,694
    While my internet and TV were out, I was left only with my graphic software and my iTunes podcasts which I utilized fully. I made tons of art in the short time that my connection was out, and here they are all together:

Some more Batman art, inspired by TDKR with Batman v.s. Bane. I drew this and then scanned it to my laptop, finishing it by inking and coloring it in GIMP:
    batmanbanefullcolor.jpg

And a plethora of Sherlock art:
    ascandalinbelgravia.jpg
    ascandalinbelgraviapost.jpg
    ascandalinbohemiaposter.jpg
    thereichenbachfallposte.jpg
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Some more Batman art, inspired by TDKR with Batman v.s. Bane. I drew this and then scanned it to my laptop, finishing it by inking and coloring it in GIMP:
    batmanbanefullcolor.jpg

Love it. You're a really good drawer.
    batmanbanefullcolor.jpg

Love it. You're a really good drawer.

Thank you! I will take any Batman suggestions, as I am usually looking for something Batman related to draw. :)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited August 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Nice job, friend! you've got talent. Keep the excellent work.

Love your drawings.

EDIT: I've got a tip for you - it's very cansative, but worths to do it:

When you finish up those posters, you can add an Anti-aliasing effect around the Batman picture, for example, if you want to make it more realistic. If you use Photoshop to do it, you can make that effect by simply getting the blur tool. If it exists on GIMP, idk, but if it does, the effect is the same.

select the tool, make the brush stay a value around 15, 20 or 30 (depends on the size of the picture or the area that you want to alias) make the contour of the picture/area with the tool carefully, and it will be like it was already on the background.
    thesevenyearitchbluray1.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,936
    Haven't seen the film yet, but the cover looks quite appealing with the peachy pink colours. Well done mate.
    QBranch wrote:
    Haven't seen the film yet, but the cover looks quite appealing with the peachy pink colours. Well done mate.

Thanks. It is nice to have your feedback again. I have done tons since you went on hiatus, so please feel free to peek about the thread. ;)