0BradyM0Bondfanatic7's Art and Writing Thread

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Will do. Might take a few hours to get through your work :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    goodwillhuntingbluray1v.jpg
  • @Brady I do have a Batman suggestion actually. Maybe draw sort of a joker poster, with some of the different versions of the character from the films, games comics, etc?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Brady I do have a Batman suggestion actually. Maybe draw sort of a joker poster, with some of the different versions of the character from the films, games comics, etc?

Elaborate more please.
  • @Brady I do have a Batman suggestion actually. Maybe draw sort of a joker poster, with some of the different versions of the character from the films, games comics, etc?

Elaborate more please.

What I mean is draw a few different Jokers, like the Legder one, the Nicholson one, the one from the cartoon show, the one from the Arkham games. Then put them together to make sort of a poster, maybe with Joker in bubble letters underneath.
    thegirlwiththedragontatv.jpg
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Neat stuff, Brady.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Could you make a blu-ray cover of TGWTDT using the shot of Mara and Craig, either the shot of them sitting outside the guest house at night, smoking, or the one of them walking up the long driveway of the Vanger residence?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Could you make a blu-ray cover of TGWTDT using the shot of Mara and Craig, either the shot of them sitting outside the guest house at night, smoking, or the one of them walking up the long driveway of the Vanger residence?
    If I can find the photos, surely. Maybe a wallpaper as well.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If I can find the photos, surely. Maybe a wallpaper as well.

A wallpaper would be great. I almost always use the wallpapers you create until an even better one comes along. Fantastic work.
    Many thanks to @Creasy for suggesting using a picture of Lisbeth and Mikael smoking for this next round of Dragon Tattoo art. I found this great picture of a dragon made out of flames, and I thought it would be a cool idea to make an icy cover. I desaturated both the dragon and the picture, and made them a frigid subzero blue color. Using the blending/smudge tool I made it look as if the dragon was rising out of the smoke that both Lisbeth and Mikael were exuding from their cigarettes. These were very fun to make, and I made a few wallpapers for anyone who wishes to use them in a few variations. Enjoy:

thegirlwiththedragontatd.jpg
    tgwtdtwallpaper1.jpg
    tgwtdtwallpaper2.jpg
    tgwtdtwallpaper3.jpg
    Oh man, these are incredible. Did you make any with nothing in it but them, or nothing but their names?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Oh man, these are incredible. Did you make any with nothing in it but them, or nothing but their names?

What do you mean exactly? I don't follow.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you don't follow because a few people were talking to me as I was wrapping that up, so what I submitted made absolutely no sense. My apologies on that.

I meant that did you make any wallpapers that include just Lisbeth and Mikael sitting there smoking, with nothing else in the back/foreground, or did you make any with them smoking and just Craig and Mara's name attached to the bottom?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you don't follow because a few people were talking to me as I was wrapping that up, so what I submitted made absolutely no sense. My apologies on that.

I meant that did you make any wallpapers that include just Lisbeth and Mikael sitting there smoking, with nothing else in the back/foreground, or did you make any with them smoking and just Craig and Mara's name attached to the bottom?
    Everything I make, I post here, so no, I didn't.
    tgwtdtredversion3.jpg
    tgwtdtred2.jpg
    themaltesefaclonbluray1.jpg
    themaltesefalconwallpap.jpg
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Your posters are amazing. If Photoshop had ever existed on 60's and 70's, you could be rich.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Your posters are amazing. If Photoshop had ever existed on 60's and 70's, you could be rich.

I am flattered, and it's not even Photoshop. I use GIMP, and really have enjoyed it after using it for a few months now.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,936
    Nice work, 0Brady. Love The Maltese Falcon and love how you arranged the two ( ;) ) birds.
    One of the many tributes to come for cinema's greatest romance. :)
    casablancabluray1versio.jpg
    Wow, that blue for 'Casablanca' works so, so well. It's beautiful, yet dreary and mysterious, as well.
    What is it about black and white images with the addition of one colour? Once again, well done 0Brady. You've tempted me to watch this film now. :)
    QBranch wrote:
    What is it about black and white images with the addition of one colour? Once again, well done 0Brady. You've tempted me to watch this film now. :)
    Have you seen it before? If not, you are in for a ride. A wonderfully beautiful love story, a real story of sacrifice for those you love most. And all with some of the greatest actors in the Golden Age of Hollywood like Bogie, Ingrid Bergman, Sydney Greenstreet (who is with Bogie in The Maltese Falcon), and more. And that song...

It warms the heart... >:D<
    I've seen it a couple of times long ago- so I'm a little ashamed to say I don't remember much of it. Recently I've gotten hold of some black and white films such as this, some Hitchcock and a bit of sci-fi, and I've been making my way through them. I watched The Maltese Falcon about a year ago for the first time, and I enjoyed every minute of it- especially Bogie's line, "When I slap ya, you'll take it and you'll like it." Actually, I say that line a fair bit at home- accent and all. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    I've seen it a couple of times long ago- so I'm a little ashamed to say I don't remember much of it. Recently I've gotten hold of some black and white films such as this, some Hitchcock and a bit of sci-fi, and I've been making my way through them. I watched The Maltese Falcon about a year ago for the first time, and I enjoyed every minute of it- especially Bogie's line, "When I slap ya, you'll take it and you'll like it." Actually, I say that line a fair bit at home- accent and all. ;)

Great! If you ever want any black and white film recommendations, I would be happy to help you along. I will be watching The Maltese Falcon soon again too, so I make some art for it to set myself up for it. Have you seen The Big Sleep? When I watched it I felt like such an idiot because I didn't know a lot of what just happened in front of me. The tale has two different cases like a lot of famous noir films, but there are so many characters and one convoluted death that is literally never explained. It is based on the Philip Marlowe detective novel by Raymond Chandler of the same name, and Chandler himself helped with the screenplay. When he was asked who killed the main victim of the second case he said he had no idea. It isn't a good sign when a film's own screenwriter has no idea who did it. The film is widely most famous for Bogie and Lauren Bacall (they were married at the time) and their fantastic chemistry, the best ever on screen I would recon. And what a great job they do. Bogie is the king of noir in my mind, and Lauren is the queen. A damn perfect pair until Bogie's death sadly did have them part.
    Yes, it's a pity he passed so early on. The Big Sleep is one I haven't seen, but now it's on my list! I'm tempted to watch Hitchcock's Vertigo or North by Northwest, but I just watched Stage Fright and Strangers on a Train, and I don't want to watch them all at once. I'd rather space them out, and when the time is right, I'll flick the lights out and press play. I haven't seen those first two I mentioned either ( :-O [-X ), but I'm well aware they're excellent films. Right now it's after 2am and I think I'll put on FYEO and fall asleep to it :D
    North By Northwest is enjoyable, and I too will be getting into more Hitchcock as time allows. If you want to further discuss this topic, you can PM me. I just don't want either of us being told we're off topic on an art thread. ;)
    Not a problem. Keep bringing us more DVD cover goodness! :D
    QBranch wrote:
    Not a problem. Keep bringing us more DVD cover goodness! :D
    When lady time allows me, I assure you of it. :)