0BradyM0Bondfanatic7's Art and Writing Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It has been a while, but I return, and with original noir styled covers! If anyone has a noir type title name or cover idea, I would love to hear them as I will be doing loads more of these. :-bd
    noircover1.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Personally, I'd like to see some noir-style Bond covers, for example: a FRWL themed cover with titles like

The Decoder
    The SPECTRE Method
    Danger on the Train :P
    Some Sort of Trap
    The Call from Univex
    The Russian Cipher Clerk
    Peril at Station T
    Chess with SPECTRE
    Moonlight on the Bosphorus
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thanks to @QBranch for the great idea. I have lots of Bond noir ideas, so I will be doing more of these as well now! I found the perfect FRWL picture for a noir-styled Bond cover, and here it is:
    frwlnoircover1.jpg
    Got to head to class, but I will return. ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It has been a while, but I return, and with original noir styled covers! If anyone has a noir type title name or cover idea, I would love to hear them as I will be doing loads more of these. :-bd
    noircover1.jpg

What film is this from??

And great work, Brady. The FRWL one is also awesome.
    Thanks @doubleoego. I don't know what film the images are from. I just google noir pictures and then make posters out of the images that I find. I can try to link you the pictures if you would like.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,936
    Nice job as always, 0Brady. I might try my hand at some Bond noir posters :D
    That would be great, Brady. I've recently, as of last year to be exact been getting into noir type movies ever since playing LA Noir. I got ahold of the Maltese falcon, the blue dahlia, the postman always rings twice, Brian de Palma's black dahlia and a few others. I really want to beef up my noir movie collection.
    doubleoego wrote:
    That would be great, Brady. I've recently, as of last year to be exact been getting into noir type movies ever since playing LA Noir. I got ahold of the Maltese falcon, the blue dahlia, the postman always rings twice, Brian de Palma's black dahlia and a few others. I really want to beef up my noir movie collection.
    I am watching The Maltese Falcon right now. I love noir, and would be happy to recommend you some films.
    That would be fantastic! When you can drop me a pm, cheers.
    Not exactly how I wanted it to look, but what can you do.
    gfnoircover2.jpg
    tohaveandhavenotbluray1.jpg
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I did another version with a black 1st layer to help the red title pop with the rest of the cover. I much prefer it to the former.
    tohaveandhavenotbluray1.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sterling work Brady! When you start full time work are you looking to go into something like this? Your talents could be used to great effect.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Sterling work Brady! When you start full time work are you looking to go into something like this? Your talents could be used to great effect.
    Thanks. I am majoring in Interdisciplinary Arts, where you choose two areas to focus on out of all the Humanities. I have chosen art and writing, and hopefully I will be doing a lot of this kind of work. Whether or not that happens, I'll always do this, it would just be nice to get paid to do it as well.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I'll always do this, it would just be nice to get paid to do it as well.

Indeed it would! Hopefully, in time, things work out for you.

In the meantime, we're all more than happy to be entertained by you.
    I'm really happy with this one. It turned out better than I had hoped.
    themaltesefalconbluray3.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 40,480
    Oh, man, is that good. I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen the film, but wow. I've always loved the coloring effects you apply to all of these; I don't want to say the covers are simplistic perfection, as to avoid me coming across as rude, but it's almost as if you switch up a few things and make a blu-ray cover I would love to own, whether I've seen the film or not. Keep it up, Brady.

I would greatly enjoy seeing your spin on this picture:
    http://noirwhale.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/film-noir-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-mikael-blomkvist-mouth-taped-shut.jpg?w=500&h=649
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Oh, man, is that good. I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen the film, but wow. I've always loved the coloring effects you apply to all of these; I don't want to say the covers are simplistic perfection, as to avoid me coming across as rude, but it's almost as if you switch up a few things and make a blu-ray cover I would love to own, whether I've seen the film or not. Keep it up, Brady.

I would greatly enjoy seeing your spin on this picture:
    http://noirwhale.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/film-noir-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-mikael-blomkvist-mouth-taped-shut.jpg?w=500&h=649
    You mean using that picture to make a cover? I have seen others like it, so I may see what I can think up.

Thanks for the kind words. And yes, you NEED
    to see this film. That is why I bolded and underlined the word NEED, like I just did again. A quintessential noir that set the standard for all that came after it. Just a taste of John Huston's (the director) genius, and when you pair him and Bogie together: Movie magic. He has become one of my top favorite directors since I first discovered Humphrey Bogart. Both men offer the best of the best.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, yes, sorry for not clarifying. As I was searching for the picture, I actually found a site where I can buy that picture on a t-shirt. That would be very cool to earn.

I'll be sure to see it as soon as I can. Like I've said, I've been dipping my toes back into the world of classic films, and I haven't been disappointed since. I need to see 'Citizen Kane,' as it's been far too long since my last viewing.
    Another tribute to the best romance that shall ever be:
    casablancabrcovervariat.jpg
    Here is the first "There's Only One" poster, starring none other than my favorite actor of the Golden Age of Hollywood, Mr. Humphrey Bogart. I will definitely be doing more of these with a few select other actors and actresses.
    thereisonlyonehumphreyb.png
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I thought I would repost these here too, just to keep a record of my work and bump it for those that might enjoy seeing my art. :)
    007legendscover2.jpg

007legendscover1.jpg
    It has been a little while since I did a Blu-ray cover, so here are some I did for The Third Man, one with text, the other without:
    8052649875_e871887609_h.jpg
    8052655400_6e16cc7ef5_h.jpg
    Honestly, your rendition of the '007 Legends' box art would (possibly) persuade me to pick the game up in stores upon release. The generic trash they delivered just doesn't cut it for me.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Honestly, your rendition of the '007 Legends' box art would (possibly) persuade me to pick the game up in stores upon release. The generic trash they delivered just doesn't cut it for me.
    Thanks. I had a lot of fun making that one, and got two hours of sleep on Monday for college. It was worth it, though. :))
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Thanks. I had a lot of fun making that one, and got two hours of sleep on Monday for college. It was worth it, though. :))

Lack of sleep for college? I know exactly what that's like, haha. It definitely looked worth the time, though.
    This is sort of my late hand-drawn tribute to James Bond with Sean as 007 at the intro to DN where he says that classic line. Unfortunately, I had to scan this onto my computer, and therefore most of the shading that added depth to the drawing got lost when I tried to clean it up after the messy import. I will maybe do a colored/inked version later, but for right now this is it:
    8070977054_a4fe1294ee_h.jpg
    Oh, wow, that is amazing. Looks spot-on.
    You have no idea how long I fiddled with this. I guess it is because Sean is my #1 and I wanted it to be as close as possible to the photo, but after awhile you have to know when to stop. Like I said, I may try to ink it in GIMP and then colorize it. Stay tuned. ;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    It looks perfect! Congratulations, friend!