0BradyM0Bondfanatic7's Art and Writing Thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    But not such a chicken after all, then?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    But not such a chicken after all, then?

More the product of an anthropomorphic experiment, to be exact. :D
    Wonderful, you should post a comic strip with him here.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wonderful, you should post a comic strip with him here.

I do have an old comic I did with him from high school I could post, but I don't know how well the pages would scan into my laptop since it's in a bound sketchbook. I'll investigate when I get home this weekend. Thanks for the comments, by the way.
    the_game_is_a_foot_by_bradymajor-d7bwzwe.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I love it. The style of the characters remind me of the art Style from the Mother(EarthBound in USA) Series. :)
    Murdock wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I love it. The style of the characters remind me of the art Style from the Mother(EarthBound in USA) Series. :)

Thanks! There will be more to come like this, so stay tuned, and thanks for the feedback. :)
    Most welcome my friend. :D
    Murdock wrote:

How have your latest projects been coming?
    Murdock wrote:

I'm currently taking a break due to bad weather so I've gone back to composing more music and changing key scenes to be more dramatic or even possible to do. For example, I originally had the idea for a fight on a subway car, but I changed it to a chase in the woods similar to that of Moonraker.
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

I'm currently taking a break due to bad weather so I've gone back to composing more music and changing key scenes to be more dramatic or even possible to do. For example, I originally had the idea for a fight on a subway car, but I changed it to a chase in the woods similar to that of Moonraker.

Awesome. It's great that you are doing all this yourself, from the shooting of the film to the score. Any prop projects coming up?
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Awesome. It's great that you are doing all this yourself, from the shooting of the film to the score. Any prop projects coming up?

Thanks. :) As for props, I have been working on a few projects. Nothing finished yet, but very close. I'll post some pictures in my thread soon when I do get them done. :)
    it_s_christmas_by_bradymajor-d7cfkad.jpg
    All the hoopla over Come and Dive being the title of Bond 24 by numerous news outlets entertained me, and I wanted to make a funny poster about it. In this poster all of the previous James Bond actors share their varying levels of excitement about the title's announcement, and one infamous element that will return in 007's 24th onscreen adventure:

come_and_dive_poster__james_bond_spoof__by_bradymajor-d7fm8ar.png
    Ever since Alfred Tennyson's poem "Ulysses" was referenced and recited to great emotional effect in Skyfall, I have been in love with it. Tennyson's words are a timeless reminder of endurance through time and trials, which perfectly represents the James Bond franchise itself, which has survived over 50 years on the big screen through both ups and downs. I wanted to pay tribute to both the series and Tennyson himself with the last lines of "Ulysses" which are used in Skyfall, accompanied by pictures from the Bond films themselves that I feel best represent the poem's words. This is the biggest graphic art project I have undertaken, but one I am satisfied to see finished. I have only linked to the poster because it is a massive 2000 x 7688 pixels:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/118/6/6/tennyson__a_james_bond_tribute__by_bradymajor-d7gekmi.png

Any feedback would be wonderful. :)
    edited May 2014 Posts: 28,694
    A year ago I was inspired by an EXBONDABLES poster @Master_Dahark did with the Bond actors replacing those of the Expendables cast. I thought it'd be fun to take the now aged Bond actors of old along with Daniel and make a poster of them as united arse-kickers. I only recently picked up the project again and managed to find pictures I liked of the Bond actor's faces and bodies they could successfully be "photoshopped" on, and was able to finally finish this project. If you pay close attention you should be able to spot some of the actor's bodies I used for this project. I'm really happy with the final result as far as the photoshopping of heads onto bodies goes, and find it to be an amusing piece of graphic art. I envision the piece as a reunion of all the Bond actors getting together to kick butt for the SAS division of the British army against all forces both foreign and domestic. Or, something like that. ;)

I'll only link to the poster as it's a massive file:

s_a_s_team_007_by_bradymajor-d7hyznn.png

Feedback is more than welcome.
    I have tried to view your previous one too, but in both cases I come to a blank page
    I have tried to view your previous one too, but in both cases I come to a blank page

How about now? I uploaded them to my Flickr account instead of Deviantart.

The Tennyson poster:
    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5489/13975453810_d4fd7067fd_o.png

And the newest poster:
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7441/13975456960_44c9ac50da_o.png

Cannot get them to load, but the problem is probably here. Everything is really slow. Tried your imageshack links on the first page and they work. Some sites just wont agree with my computer occasionally. Will try another time, pal.
    Cannot get them to load, but the problem is probably here. Everything is really slow. Tried your imageshack links on the first page and they work. Some sites just wont agree with my computer occasionally. Will try another time, pal.

No problem, and thanks for trying to give them a look.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    The first one is great. The second one, funny.
    ggl007 wrote:
    The first one is great. The second one, funny.

Thanks, mate. I love George taking a gun out of a paper bag. The body is De Niro's in one of his newer films The Family.
    More BBC Sherlock art.

"Falling is just like flying, except there's a more... permanent destination."

i_owe_you_a_fall__sherlock_by_bradymajor-d7j22gc.png
    I love those BBC Sherlock arts! :)
    I love those BBC Sherlock arts! :)

Thank you very much! You've got a lot of artistic promise as well from what I have seen. :)
    While I find this piece to be a bit hit and miss, I tried my best to visually represent Sherlock's Mind Palace, which is a mess of knowledge he uses to constantly work his cases and mull things over of great importance. In this piece he is examining the contents of a dirt sample and tracking that specific sample to four areas where a killer could reside, matching a bullet shell to a particular bullet type, mapping out murders to locate an area of operation for the killer, and more. Finally, the white text nearest to Sherlock are some thoughts running through his head besides all the others that are more criminally focused, though these are more personal:

mind_palace_by_bradymajor-d7jn15f.png
    This piece is the next artwork in my ever-continuing series of drawings where I use the animation style of the Great Mouse Detective film and adapt it for the classic Sidney Paget drawings from the original Holmes stories:

a_straight_left_against_a_slogging_ruffian_by_bradymajor-d7kez7w.jpg

This drawing captures an unforgettable moment in "The Solitary Cyclist" where Holmes comes to blows with a Mr. Woodley, and comes out the victor. It's one of my favorite moments by the sheer fact that we finally get to see Holmes get his fists dirty and showcase those boxing skills we always hear so much about. I really love drawing Basil and this time I even got to create two original mice to represent Woodley and the barman, which was fun. I'm not sure which Paget drawing I will adapt next, but I am quite excited to get started on the project.

Here is the original Paget drawing this piece is based on:
    holmespunch.jpg

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    =D> =D> =D>
    ggl007 wrote:
    =D> =D> =D>

I'm glad you seem to enjoy it, mate! :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I could've swore I commented on it, but I absolutely love the Mind Palace work, Brady. Fantastic stuff.