0BradyM0Bondfanatic7's Art and Writing Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I could've swore I commented on it, but I absolutely love the Mind Palace work, Brady. Fantastic stuff.

Thanks! I'd be embarrassed to tell you how long that took to complete. All the numbers, equations, it's all one massive blur. ;) My favorite part was writing the text for Sherlock's thoughts, especially the "one night stand" bit.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Me, too, Creasy. I think 0Brady's work on the Sherlock BBC characters is nothing short of brilliant, to be honest. And I love his Great Mouse Detective take on Sherlock, via Paget.

I have a question, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. When, where, if at some point ... would it become available to buy a print made from your artwork? And, on a technical note, is there a standard procedure for you to copyright your art? Just curious. I'm not an art student, so I don't know these things, but I am interested.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I was going to say, it looked like it took a whoooole lot of work, so it's not surprising. But hey, the time it took is irrelevant if the finished end product is as stellar as what you created!

Agreed, @4EverBonded, he has a lot of fantastic pieces on miscellaneous films, shows, etc., but I love his Sherlock work. It's really great. I've also told him the same thing, he's done a few requests for me and I said if he could make it into a poster or a t-shirt, I would instantly send him money to send me one. Brady, you really should think it through and open up your own little shop for this type of stuff. You have a lot of fans here who would be willing to shell out the money for posters, mouse pads, shirts, jackets, etc., and you'd be getting paid to do something you like, too!

...plus, I really want a shirt with a catchy 'Munich' design on it. ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I have considered what you suggest, for sure, I just haven't jumped at the chance yet. On the site where I post all my art, DeviantArt, you can make your artwork into prints that can be sold, and I also have a Redbubble account where you can make designs for T-Shirts that you can sell to others through orders. It's just a matter of figuring out the process of how I would go about selling the work, getting it to the client and getting paid, then I will definitely update anyone that wishes to purchase anything. I'd likely need a PayPal account or something like that, so I will have to think this over.
    Thanks, Brady! I know you are busy ... too busy at times, I am sure, and your college work has got to come first. But if you do make time to investigate how to do that, I am signing up immediately. No kidding.
    Thanks, Brady! I know you are busy ... too busy at times, I am sure, and your college work has got to come first. But if you do make time to investigate how to do that, I am signing up immediately. No kidding.

Great. There are some pieces that won't be able to be sold, however, mostly because I sometimes use fonts that may have copyright attached to them that prohibit commercial profits by an artist using them. Like I said, I'll definitely look into it and sell what I can.
    If you have a bank account, then PayPal is easy. I avoided eBay and PayPal for years because I thought it would be some elongated process to sign up, but you simply enter your bank account information and voila, you have an account. Then all it takes for someone to send money to you is an e-mail address.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If you have a bank account, then PayPal is easy. I avoided eBay and PayPal for years because I thought it would be some elongated process to sign up, but you simply enter your bank account information and voila, you have an account. Then all it takes for someone to send money to you is an e-mail address.
    Interesting.

As for the selling of my artwork, unfortunately most of the stuff I do is related to some copyrighted character like Sherlock, Batman or Bond, which means I can't make any profits on them unless I received permission from the copyright/trademark holders, which I wouldn't even know how to go about doing in the first place.
    I don't believe VectorVictoria went through the same hoops, and he's been selling memorabilia for a few months now. ;-)
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't believe VectorVictoria went through the same hoops, and he's been selling memorabilia for a few months now. ;-)

I don't think I'm familiar with who that is, but if they got permission from the copyright owners then they should be fine. It's another matter entirely, however, if they didn't.
    It's the person with the thread on here who sells all of the Bond villain shirts.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It's the person with the thread on here who sells all of the Bond villain shirts.

Okay, that's what I thought. Has anyone asked him if he has permission? If he doesn't he could be in trouble if he ever got found out, especially if he makes a decent profit from his sales.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I believe he said he doesn't have permission, so he stated that he will continue to sell them until the day comes that he is refused that permission, so who knows.
    That is too risky, just in my opinion. I wouldn't risk a huge fine or jail time.
    Neither would I, it isn't worth it. His work is excellent but he should have got pre-approval, unless he already has since he initially stated he didn't.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I believe he said he doesn't have permission, so he stated that he will continue to sell them until the day comes that he is refused that permission, so who knows.

How can you keep selling until the day comes that you are refused permission if you never got said permission in the first place? I wouldn't want to be him, that's for sure.
    That is too risky, just in my opinion. I wouldn't risk a huge fine or jail time.

Yes, copyright infringement is a big deal, and I agree; it isn't worth it no matter how much you are making if you are selling without the proper permissions from the holders of those trademarks.
    I wouldn't want to risk it, that's for sure. It's just like bootleg movies: you can sell and sell away, but as soon as you're caught, you're screwed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited June 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Finally got to see those works I could not get to load before. Great stuff, especially the Exbondables, haha.
    Finally got to see those works I could not get to load before. Great stuff, especially the Exbondables, haha.
    Thanks! I'm glad you like them, and finally got to see them. :)
    edited June 2014 Posts: 28,694
    As usual, I have been thinking a lot about Holmes and Watson's great dynamic throughout the canon and subsequent adaptions created after them, and chose to pay tribute to that friendship here:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/163/6/5/a_story_of_friendship_by_bradymajor-d7m1yfz.png

I knew I wanted to show their deep and complex dynamic using all my favorite adaptions of Holmes and Watson, but it was only until after I had most of the drawing and inking done that I decided to add an original poem to the piece to help link the images to the lines of text. The poem's lines speak for themselves and underline what makes not only Holmes and Watson's friendship so great, but also every great bond between two people. The adaptions I included, running from top to bottom are BBC Sherlock, the Granada series with Brett, the Young Sherlock Holmes 80s film, the Ritchie Holmes and Watson and finally the classic canon Holmes and Watson who started it all.
    An amusing little play on Sherlock Holmes and his deerstalker:

deerstalkin__by_bradymajor-d7vduzk.jpg
    death_frisbee_by_bradymajor-d7vmi3z.png
    the_many_faces_of_john_h__watson__m_d__by_bradymajor-d7w57an.jpg
    what_on_earth_are_you_doing_in_this_den__by_bradymajor-d7xzeeo.jpg
    I usually only post my art and writing here, but I've taken a photography class in college this semester so I thought I'd also share some of the pictures I've taken thus far.

Rose in a Graveyard #1:
    rose_in_a_graveyard__1_by_bradymajor-d80itd1.jpg

Rose in a Graveyard #2:
    rose_in_a_graveyard__2_by_bradymajor-d80iu3b.jpg

Urban Dystopia:
    urban_dystopia_by_bradymajor-d80iv05.jpg

Tree Dancers #1:
    tree_dancers_by_bradymajor-d80iujd.jpg

Tree Dancers #2:
    tree_dancers__2_by_bradymajor-d80izar.jpg

Twisted:
    twisted_by_bradymajor-d80iyz5.jpg

Sunshine Bleeds Through the Wood:
    sunshine_bleeds_through_the_wood_by_bradymajor-d80iy3i.jpg

Excellent photos. I used to take a lot of photos myself before, but do not own a proper camera anymore.
    Excellent photos. I used to take a lot of photos myself before, but do not own a proper camera anymore.

Thanks, mate.

That's very interesting to know about you. I just have an HP digital camera myself, nothing fancy, but it does the job. If you ever take up photography again I'd love to see your work. What kind of subjects/themes did you focus on, if any?

Thanks, mate.

That's very interesting to know about you. I just have an HP digital camera myself, nothing fancy, but it does the job. If you ever take up photography again I'd love to see your work. What kind of subjects/themes did you focus on, if any?

Just about anything. People, animals, landscapes, objects, light and shadow. I experimented a lot, and switched between colour and b/w like yourself.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Those are beautiful pictures, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! :-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Those are beautiful pictures, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! :-)
    Thank you kindly, Dimi! I will no doubt be posting more as my semester goes on, so keep an eye on this space if you'd like to see more. :)