0BradyM0Bondfanatic7's Art and Writing Thread

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    My personal favorite ones are the Last Rat Standing or the Forever Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Again, thanks a plenty for all the assistance, everyone. I will likely make the final decision tonight, and try not to be too biased in my judgement and consider the wonderful views of you all. :)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Marilyn and Sean in Property of a Lady is a dream waiting for us in heaven...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Ah, and Ian Fleming as 007 in Skyfall is a brilliant idea! =D>
  • Again, thanks a plenty for all the assistance, everyone. I will likely make the final decision tonight, and try not to be too biased in my judgement and consider the wonderful views of you all. :)

Are you allowed to sent in more pieces, or just one piece of art work?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Again, thanks a plenty for all the assistance, everyone. I will likely make the final decision tonight, and try not to be too biased in my judgement and consider the wonderful views of you all. :)

Are you allowed to sent in more pieces, or just one piece of art work?

I am going to send in a few and just let the magazine pick I guess. Seems the only way to do it.
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    Nice work but would you consider doing a japanese anime styled drawing of Craig?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Bradford4 wrote:
    Nice work but would you consider doing a japanese anime styled drawing of Craig?

3pkbxz.jpg
    I updated my Daniel Craig by setting the drawing against a blue gunbarrel on a white parchment background:

daniel_craig_james_bond_007_with_gunbarrel_by_bradymajor-d62aqf6.jpg

I sent that version, my Batman drawing from a while back, the Last Rat Standing piece, the Marilyn Monroe/Sean Connery Property of a Lady poster and the Sean Connery is Forever Bond Poster to my campus's magazine.

Thanks again to all my fellow members who gave me some guidance these past couple of days and who led me to submit the popular pieces of Last Rat Standing, the Marilyn/Sean Property of a Lady poster and the Forever Bond poster along with my personal choices of the Dan and Batman drawings. I couldn't have chosen without you! \m/
  • Adding that gunbarrel really brings the drawing to live! Nice improvement :) And good luck with the submissions ;)
    Adding that gunbarrel really brings the drawing to live! Nice improvement :) And good luck with the submissions ;)

Thanks. I thought that the drawing would be more appealing with a background.

And thank you for your help as well, chap. :)
  • Adding that gunbarrel really brings the drawing to live! Nice improvement :) And good luck with the submissions ;)

Thanks. I thought that the drawing would be more appealing with a background.

And thank you for your help as well, chap. :)

You're welcome, glad I could help
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That drawing of Daniel Craig is rich. Spot-on with every little detail, and I love it.

It's really hard for me to pick favorites in this thread. I see one and think "Oh, definitely that, nothing could beat -- oh, well, wait, that one is amazing! But, that is..."

It's a never-ending fight with myself. Such great material in here, Brady. You may have stated before - I apologize if you have and I missed it - but are you going to be getting into any artistic fields when your college years end?
    Thanks for the compliments and the trusted feedback as always, @Creasy47. I do plan on going into an artistic field, maybe involving graphic art, though I dream to be involved in film in some capacity. I also write, something I need to do more of.
    Thanks for the compliments and the trusted feedback as always, @Creasy47. I do plan on going into an artistic field, maybe involving graphic art, though I dream to be involved in film in some capacity. I also write, something I need to do more of.

Very interesting, and the best of luck to you.

I, too, want to be in film in some way: actor, director, screenwriter. Something. The options are endless.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I also love your Connery fan posters. Don't forget them!

8153935424_32bcf20217_b.jpg
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Glad that you sent the Marilyn/Connery poster as well @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I really like that drawing of Craig with the gunbarrel, but I think there is something missing in the eyes, can't say what :-?
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I also love your Connery fan posters. Don't forget them!

8153935424_32bcf20217_b.jpg

I submitted that as well, you needn't fear.
    I know it has been a while since I have posted anything, but I had college finals, then packing up my things from college, and after that I had various things to keep me busy like trying to get a job, going to some grad parties and school concerts, and now working at a job five days out of the week while balancing seeing friends I hadn't for months. But, enough about my first world problems. I return with a drawing inspired by the wonderful BBC Sherlock series:

8884545292_2666f64310_o.png

I have entered this piece in a contest on Deviantart and I will let anyone who cares to know how I do when said contest is judged.
    Wow, wonderful work, Brady. Keep it up, and do let me know what comes of the Deviantart contest.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Wow, wonderful work, Brady. Keep it up, and do let me know what comes of the Deviantart contest.

Thank you for the feedback, and I sure will keep you updated! :)
    Great news! My Sherlock piece got second place in the contest I entered! :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yay Congrats @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! :D

Very nice to hear! Congratulations. It was more than deserved, though I'm curious as to what won first place and beat your magnificent work.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Thanks, gents! :)
    Creasy47 wrote:

Very nice to hear! Congratulations. It was more than deserved, though I'm curious as to what won first place and beat your magnificent work.

I can link to the page, but the great thing was that I was facing off against a friend I have on Deviantart, and they won, so I am happy regardless. The nice thing about that site is that most people on there are quite warm and look out for and cheer on their fellow artists.
    That's very good, though. At least it's a welcoming, kind atmosphere. That's always nice to see.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That's very good, though. At least it's a welcoming, kind atmosphere. That's always nice to see.

Yes, I have been quite happily surprised by deviantart and its many creative members. A great spot all around. :)
    edited June 2013 Posts: 40,480
    I'm not an artist myself, but I haven't been on Deviantart in years. When I used to visit it, I was always impressed with the types of art I stumbled upon. Very talented people.

Do you have other works you've posted over there but not here? I would like to see your full portfolio sometime.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Do you have other works you've posted over there but not here? I would like to see your full portfolio sometime.

Besides the odd rough pencil sketch or sketch dump of characters, everything I have done in the last couple years since I joined is catalogued here. I do hope to also post some writing here, if I can ever focus enough to do any. ;)