007 Legends Announced

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Seriously? Now Eurocom, too? How many more studios will be closed down, Activision? Get the games right and you won't lose employees! X(
  • AliAli
    Activision are a horribly intolerant master. They only want giant, no-risk, franchises.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Two Bond games and two developers closed down. That's great! Who else can claim to have this track record?
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Two Bond games and two developers closed down. That's great! Who else can claim to have this track record?

Let just hope that Activision haven't created a situation in which no other company wants to touch Bond anymore......
    What's sad is that Eurocom was not owned by Activision they were just hired by them. So in taking these jobs and doing poorly, it caused them to shut down. What a shame, they will always have a place in Bond history for TWINE and Nightfire...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wish Activision was the company that went under. They ruin everyone they touch.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondbat007 wrote:
    What's sad is that Eurocom was not owned by Activision they were just hired by them. So in taking these jobs and doing poorly, it caused them to shut down. What a shame, they will always have a place in Bond history for TWINE and Nightfire...

I don't let the current Bond game situation with Eurocom bother me, because TWINE and NF were so entertaining, I'll always love them for it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

Let just hope that Activision haven't created a situation in which no other company wants to touch Bond anymore......

This makes me wonder will be get another Activision Bond game at all, in any form? From here on, Bond seems in limbo in a way.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    What I just dont get is why is no one at EON and MGM demanding answers from Activision about why they are ploughing the Bond gaming rights into the ground?

Do Activison just pay a lump sum up front? I doubt it - surely its about percentages of the profits so why is no one at EON wondering why they are only getting pennies trickle back in profit? Actually is 007 Legends even in profit?

Is there not a release clause if the money EON gets back is so negligible they can take the licence back again?

I just dont understand, when you've got massive levels of Bondmania and the biggest film in history (in the UK at least), why no one seems interested in making money off the back of it?
  • AliAli
    Samuel001 wrote:

They expected Bizarre Creations to create a multiformat racer to rival PGR, AND produce a Bond game from the ashes of the Raven tie up. They them rushed both to market as incomplete games despite being ready to clean up with CoD93 anyway. I mourn Bizarre Creations far more than Eurocom. They were one of the finest and most consistent devs out there and deserved far better.
  • AliAli
    Samuel001 wrote:

This makes me wonder will be get another Activision Bond game at all, in any form? From here on, Bond seems in limbo in a way.

This will annoy 360 owners, but the only way the franchise can get its reputation back is to hand it to someone of Naughty Dogs caliber. They could make a brilliant Bond game in their sleep.
  • There are plenty of non exclusive developers. No matter how much PS3 owners might want a Bond game ala Uncharted it would leave all us xbox owners with nothing. And it won't happen anyway.
    I just dont understand, when you've got massive levels of Bondmania and the biggest film in history (in the UK at least), why no one seems interested in making money off the back of it?

The game and the 50th celebrations have been really poor. You would think more effort would go into these things considering it was the anniversary and the film was hyped from the start.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Ali wrote:
    This will annoy 360 owners, but the only way the franchise can get its reputation back is to hand it to someone of Naughty Dogs caliber. They could make a brilliant Bond game in their sleep.
    There are plenty of non exclusive developers. No matter how much PS3 owners might want a Bond game ala Uncharted it would leave all us xbox owners with nothing. And it won't happen anyway.

If we want an Uncharted-like Bond game, then hand it off to Square-Enix and Crystal Dynamics. Tomb Raider looks awesome, so I think they can definitely make a Bond game. Plus, it wouldn't be PS3 exclusive.
    bondbat007 wrote:

Eurocom had a hand in Nightfire?!?!?! Now I am steaming angry at Activision. You do not destroy any company that assisted in the production of the greatest video game known to man.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    00Beast wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

Eurocom had a hand in Nightfire?!?!?! Now I am steaming angry at Activision. You do not destroy any company that assisted in the production of the greatest video game known to man.

Eurocom didn't just "have a hand" in NightFire, they made NightFire. EA just published it.
    00Beast wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

Eurocom didn't just "have a hand" in NightFire, they made NightFire. EA just published it.

My word......now my wrath against Activision is unfurled.......prepare for a storm, ye who shut down Eurocom......IT IS FORTHCOMING, SWIFTLY!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited December 2012 Posts: 2,635
    I told you guys, you've shoulda have listen to me and @JamesBond. This is a freaking bad game (can't say the correct F bomb for this). Thank you CRAPTIVISION for making the most shameful Bond game in the history.

EA Games, I miss you. Get back soon.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I told you guys, you've shoulda have listen to me and @JamesBond. This is a freaking bad game (can't say the correct F bomb for this). Thank you CRAPTIVISION for making the most shameful Bond game in the history.

I think I speak for the majority of members here when I say: We never doubted it would suck.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I think I speak for the majority of members here when I say: We never doubted it would suck.

I actually had really high hopes, but that goes to show me to only think of the cold reality and not bother to hope too much! I don't despise Legends, and I do like some of the gameplay levels a great deal, and yes, it is fun, but I agree with everyone here that it has missed the mark terribly. It certainly did not achieve the goals that it needed to for itself as a Bond game and for our big Five-O Bond anniversary.
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I actually had really high hopes, but that goes to show me to only think of the cold reality and not bother to hope too much! I don't despise Legends, and I do like some of the gameplay levels a great deal, and yes, it is fun, but I agree with everyone here that it has missed the mark terribly. It certainly did not achieve the goals that it needed to for itself as a Bond game and for our big Five-O Bond anniversary.
    If you took out the villains and Bond you wouldn't even know it was a Bond game.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If you took out the villains and Bond you wouldn't even know it was a Bond game.

Then it would be a Perfect Dark game! :))
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I would literally believe that it was another Call of Duty game that had taken a more fantasy-based approach!
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I would literally believe that it was another Call of Duty game that had taken a more fantasy-based approach!

I'm glad I had no expectations for this game, really. So, when I eventually get it, I'll probably enjoy the gameplay (much as I hate how COD's gameplay hasn't changed over the years, I have to say I still enjoy it), the story will probably be "meh", and then it'll sit with all my other PS3 games, never to be played again.
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Yeah. So.....like Call of Duty? ;)
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Gameplay wise the idea doesn't sound bad. Call Of Duty with some gadgets and a Bond skin doesn't sound terrible on paper. Some of the action setpieces in COD could be straight out of a Bond film.

The problem isn't that this is the same as COD. It's that it's an inferior version of COD in every way. It doesn't have the big budget that makes Call Of Duty fun and it reallly shows.

The story is the other big problem. If they made an original Bond game it wouldn't be so bad. But instead they decide to butcher 6 Bond films. If they want to make an all out action game, then they should make an original story. GE N64 had the same problem but that made up with it with the gameplay, same with TWINE and FRWL (even if those were no where near as good as GE).

Somehow they managed to make a game even worse than the new Goldeneye games.
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

My word......now my wrath against Activision is unfurled.......prepare for a storm, ye who shut down Eurocom......IT IS FORTHCOMING, SWIFTLY!

Exactly. Eurocom can and HAVE made great Bond games so it is very sad to see this happen to them. Also even though 007 Legends was not great, maybe it could of sold some copies with some darn advertising! Has anyone seen an ad for it on TV? Nope...Did Eurocom make the worst box art in Bond history? Nope...Did Eurocom ask for a low budget? Nope again!

I'm not an "Activision hater" like a lot of gamers are in the fact of I think they publish some great games. But they are obviously not the right people to make Bond games and it's time for a change as people are actually losing their jobs because of this
  • AliAli
    edited December 2012 Posts: 319
    00Beast wrote:

Eurocom, like Bizarre Creations, fell victim to Activision asking far too much of them. They've had to make Harry Potter Kinect and Disney Universe as well this year. 007 Legends was half hearted and just a reskinned Goldeneye Reloaded as a result.

I would love EA to take the license back if they get DICE to do a Mirror's Edge take. Imagine a more personal take with proper FPS free running. Frostbite 2 graphics on Mirror's Edge mobility....
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:

And I don't doubt of that. As i've said, i miss EA.
    I must be said though, Eurocom made the PS2 port of QoS and that game is great. I guess you just strike out sometimes (or a lot if you're Activision).
    I must be said though, Eurocom made the PS2 port of QoS and that game is great. I guess you just strike out sometimes (or a lot if you're Activision).
    That's the ONLY game along with Blood Stone that worths playing.