007 Legends Announced

Comments

• edited July 2016 Posts: 12,837
    To be honest I don't play COD for a great, dark, realistic story (I've been in a war and I know COD is absoloutely nothing like one), I play it because it's fun to just switch off and blast your way through tons of levels of explosions.

I don't buy Call Of Duty anymore until the price has dropped for it (I only bought Black Ops 1 about a month ago) and I hardly touch the games after I've finished the campaign.
  • AliAli
    LOL. That's the best place for it!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Irrelevant now but oh well....Jinx... -sigh.-
    845294824-bond-girls-legends-gO34.jpg
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,380
    Found this 2* review on Amazon, which ended up beat:

On a positive note, there are several other actors who have appeared in the the bond films featured in this game who reprise their original role, including Richard Kiel as Jaws in Moonraker.
    The only other nice aspect is that the booklet smells nice.
  • Well so long as the booklet has a nice odor... :|
    A perfect Description.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    A perfect Description.

I still get a kick out of the fact that Bond is in a t shirt in frigid cold. :))
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 and did you notice the helicopter being blown up was a Drax helicopter?

It's funny how bad it was that they used Bond's Goldfinger Mission skin for that trailer. The trailers are pretty laughable.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Murdock wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 and did you notice the helicopter being blown up was a Drax helicopter?

It's funny how bad it was that they used Bond's Goldfinger Mission skin for that trailer. The trailers are pretty laughable.

Did they connect the OHMSS mission to the MR mission, or was that just more sloppy work by Activision to just put any helicopter in there? This may seem like a stupid question, but after seeing some of the stuff they actually put in the game, I have to ask it.
    Murdock wrote:

Did they connect the OHMSS mission to the MR mission, or was that just more sloppy work by Activision to just put any helicopter in there? This may seem like a stupid question, but after seeing some of the stuff they actually put in the game, I have to ask it.

In the OHMSS mission in the final game, they changed the helicopter skin to a desert camo color. But since the trailers came out early it's possible they just threw in a Drax helicopter and Black jumpsuit Bond because the Blue winter Bond skin and spectre helicopter wasn't finished yet.
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

In the OHMSS mission in the final game, they changed the helicopter skin to a desert camo color. But since the trailers came out early it's possible they just threw in a Drax helicopter and Black jumpsuit Bond because the Blue winter Bond skin and spectre helicopter wasn't finished yet.
    Hmmm. Well, it certainly wasn't rushed, was it?! WINK WINK ;)
    28852356.jpg
    Murdock wrote:
    28852356.jpg

That is brilliant! The perfect excuse for AcCraptivision
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Murdock wrote:
    A perfect Description.

All they needed to do was drop an image of Daniel Craig in at the end, and it would have been complete.
    Murdock wrote:
    A perfect Description.

not really this video here had more of a storyline that 007 Legends did

• AliAli
    edited December 2012 Posts: 319
    Maybe Activision should start a whole new Legends franchise. I look forward to The Usual Suspects Legends, where Roger "Maddog" Kint machine guns his way through San Pedro Bay and the San Pedro Police Station, with missions filling out the back story in Turkey, Argentina, Hungary and a Space Station on the dark side of the moon, which also involve a lot of machine gunning, before meeting up with Keyser Soze only to discover he's a cloned version of himself, complete with machine gun, a conflict he resolves by repeatedly machine gunning Soze and then pressing X, square, R2 and L1.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Ali wrote:
    Maybe Activision should start a whole new Legends franchise.

The Godfather Legends: Vito Corleone drops a nuke on the Five Families and Sonny is gunned down by guys with rocket launchers. And that's just the opening cutscene.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ali wrote:
    Maybe Activision should start a whole new Legends franchise.

The Godfather Legends: Vito Corleone drops a nuke on the Five Families and Sonny is gunned down by guys with rocket launchers. And that's just the opening cutscene.

Don't speak of such things, as they'll pick this thread up and copy the idea.

Maybe Activision should just do film-to-game adaptations of really bad movies. That way, if they do the exact opposite of what is in the film - and what they're so famous for doing, it seems - then the game will be fun to play.
  • AliAli
    The Shawshank Redemption Legends: Andy "Maddog" Dufresne travels through the Shawshank prison, machine gunning guards and prisoners alike, before finally facing off against the warden who he repeatedly machine guns before pressing X, square, R2 and L1.

Citizen Kane Legends: Charles "Maddog" Foster "Maddog" Kane travels through a newspaper publishing house, machine gunning guards and political opponents alike, before finally facing off against a giant sled called Rosebud who he repeatedly machine guns before pressing X, square, R2 and L1.

12 Angry Men Legends: "Maddog" Juror "Maddog" number "Maddog" 8 travels through a courthouse complex, machine gunning guards and lawyers alike, before finally facing off against the other 11 jurors who he repeatedly machine guns before pressing X, square, R2 and L1.
  • AliAli
    Maybe I should remove those before Activision get ideas.....
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 816
    Murdock wrote:
    28852356.jpg
    Hey, My picture resurfaced :)

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Ali wrote:
    The Shawshank Redemption Legends: Andy "Maddog" Dufresne travels through the Shawshank prison, machine gunning guards and prisoners alike, before finally facing off against the warden who he repeatedly machine guns before pressing X, square, R2 and L1.

Citizen Kane Legends: Charles "Maddog" Foster "Maddog" Kane travels through a newspaper publishing house, machine gunning guards and political opponents alike, before finally facing off against a giant sled called Rosebud who he repeatedly machine guns before pressing X, square, R2 and L1.

12 Angry Men Legends: "Maddog" Juror "Maddog" number "Maddog" 8 travels through a courthouse complex, machine gunning guards and lawyers alike, before finally facing off against the other 11 jurors who he repeatedly machine guns before pressing X, square, R2 and L1.

I hope you've got the copyright on those ideas because if Activision nick them and they go on to sell as many copies as 007 Legends you'll be sick at missing out on literally tens of dollars in royalties.
    Ali wrote:

Casablanca Legends: We'll Always Have Gunpowder: Rick, Ilsa and Victor face off against Strasser who is encased in a high tech robotic suit that shoots rockets through Ricks Café Américain. The only way to defeat him is to aim for the heart of the robotic suit (obviously not its least vulnerable spot ;) ) and then use Sam's piano fitted with WWII era machine guns to take Strasser out while he is down.

The Maltese Falcon Legends : The Stuff that Bombs Are Made of: Sam Spade is trying to recover the stolen falcon of Malta, which is being held by Gutman who is also in a robot suit, but not like the one Strasser had. THIS ONE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, and by "completely different", I mean exactly the same because level designers are too lazy to render another robot suit for the game. Spade defeats Gutman with snappy 40s era insults (mostly picking on his weight) to lower his morale, and bullets from his Colt 1911 Pistol that makes him take it and like it! Miles Archer returns as a zombie, and Sam must defeat him with crappy boxing style combat that feels loose and badly designed. Once Archer is killed, Sam is about to retrieve the statue when Brigid O'Shaughnessy steps in and turns into a monster with 8 heads that Sam must chop off before they regrow back as the game suddenly and without warning cuts to end credits.

The Third Man Legends: Leave Death to the Professionals: Holly Martins and Harry Lime have completely set aside their differences regardless of all the selfish killing Lime has caused for his own personal gain, and the two are for no reason at all attacking the Russian district in Vienna as gunfire and explosions reign over them. As they clear out the Russian section, they head for the French district (you know, just because they were near the area), until they must flee deep into Vienna and down into the sewers where Calloway and his men are in robot suits COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE ONES WE HAVE SEEN BEFORE, and by "completely different", I mean...well, you know... The game ends abruptly as Martins and Lime flee down the badly textured tunnels dodging horrible AI models of soldiers who all look the same, Baron Kurtz and his dog who is a mutated monster now, and RPG fire from weapons that won't even be invented until another decade before the game finally stops as Anna Schmidt shows up and also turns into an 8 headed monster, revealing herself to be the third man even though she is a woman and then...CREDITS.

I know you all are dying to play these now. ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Would those who have played it consider Legends the DAD moment of Bond gaming? Have we reached as low a point as that?

If as I suspect the answer is 'yes' then maybe there should be optimism that we can't go any lower than this so maybe the next Bond game will be a CR style triumph?

Not holding my breath though.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Would those who have played it consider Legends the DAD moment of Bond gaming? Have we reached as low a point as that?

If as I suspect the answer is 'yes' then maybe there should be optimism that we can't go any lower than this so maybe the next Bond game will be a CR style triumph?

Not holding my breath though.

That's how I described it, the DAD of Bond games. I haven't played it but I watched the LTK mission on Youtube and that was torture enough.

We won't get a good game next though because Activision still have the licence.
    My thought is maybe with the success of Skyfall, since Activision have had the license, Bond has never been bigger. Even in 2008, all the negative reaction to QOS (the film) probably hampered their gaming minds. So maybe they'll realize that there IS a huge market for good Bond games. I just hope they realize that 007 Legends failed because it was a bad game. NOT because there aren't people willing to buy Bond games
    bondbat007 wrote:
    My thought is maybe with the success of Skyfall, since Activision have had the license, Bond has never been bigger. Even in 2008, all the negative reaction to QOS (the film) probably hampered their gaming minds. So maybe they'll realize that there IS a huge market for good Bond games. I just hope they realize that 007 Legends failed because it was a bad game. NOT because there aren't people willing to buy Bond games

Spot on, mate, spot on.
    i feel bad for the employees of Eurocom...proberly their worst christmas ever
    I want to know when critics started to look down upon games that don't change year-to-year. COD hasn't changed since COD2, and that's still breaking records for no real reason. Suddenly, we get one Bond game that hasn't changed much since the last one, and suddenly that's frowned upon? I just don't get it.