007 Legends Announced

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bloody hell. I mourn for you @thelivingroyale. A Bond game for the fans? BS Activision!!! How badly did they mess up MR, GF, OHMSS and DAD? Come to think of it, could they somehow have managed to improve DAD by not even being DAD? What a paradox.

Moonraker is the best Part of the game in all honesty, And it's worth it to hear Michael Lonsdale as Hugo Drax. His dialogue is pure gold. :)
  • Bloody hell. I mourn for you @thelivingroyale. A Bond game for the fans? BS Activision!!! How badly did they mess up MR, GF, OHMSS and DAD? Come to think of it, could they somehow have managed to improve DAD by not even being DAD? What a paradox.

From the sound of things they seem to have made DAD worse. I heard it's just Iceland, so the first half (aka the good bit) is gone, and somebody on this thread told me that Graves isn't even Moon anymore and Bond was never captured in Korea.
    Bloody hell. I mourn for you @thelivingroyale. A Bond game for the fans? BS Activision!!! How badly did they mess up MR, GF, OHMSS and DAD? Come to think of it, could they somehow have managed to improve DAD by not even being DAD? What a paradox.

From the sound of things they seem to have made DAD worse. I heard it's just Iceland, so the first half (aka the good bit) is gone, and somebody on this thread told me that Graves isn't even Moon anymore and Bond was never captured in Korea.

Graves pretty much works for the Koreans now and is 25% more hammy. the new Jinx is horrible. Halle Berry is up with Pam Bovier compared to this replacement Jinx.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What an absolute joke. I wish I could use the proper words on this forum to display the rage I hold for this game. Never will I purchase or play this, just because they took the core of James Bond and spit in its face.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    What an absolute joke. I wish I could use the proper words on this forum to display the rage I hold for this game. Never will I purchase or play this, just because they took the core of James Bond and spit in its face.

You could just use a pic of DTK to show your rage. :p
    @Murdock, why am I drawing a blank on what DTK means?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Murdock, why am I drawing a blank on what DTK means?
    The same reason I changed my Avatar from Dalton to Moore. ;)
    Just watched a bit of Goldfinger. Ahhhhhh HOW CAN YOU GET BOND,JAMES BOND WRONG!!?

Some comment on YouTube said they could do better by themself, and I'm inclined to agree with them.
  • The only thing I liked in Legends was Tracy. She was a lot nicer than in the film, someone I would protect at all costs and even take the bullet for her. But, the rest of the game was a crap.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Virage wrote:
    Just watched a bit of Goldfinger. Ahhhhhh HOW CAN YOU GET BOND,JAMES BOND WRONG!!?

Some comment on YouTube said they could do better by themself, and I'm inclined to agree with them.

Yeah, how stupid it that? Bond starts the mission near Goldfinger's facility, and Tanner tells him to get in quietly, and what does Bond do literally seconds later? Activates some EMP device and causes a massive series of outages and explosions over the compound, exposing himself like a man in a clown suit on a nudist beach. HOW STUPID!
    If only EA had Made 007 Legends. :((
  • oo7oo7
    JamesBond wrote:
    The only thing I liked in Legends was Tracy. She was a lot nicer than in the film, someone I would protect at all costs and even take the bullet for her. But, the rest of the game was a crap.

DianaRigg.jpg
    You've clearly been watching the wrong film
    oo7 wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:
    The only thing I liked in Legends was Tracy. She was a lot nicer than in the film, someone I would protect at all costs and even take the bullet for her. But, the rest of the game was a crap.

DianaRigg.jpg
    You've clearly been watching the wrong film

Tracy had she Joined up with Blofeld. XD
  • I'm not joking. Please, re-watch the gameplay and tell me if Tracy wasn't a lot nicer than in the film. In the film, she was trying to out think Bond and be superior to him, while in the game she loves him more than her own life. I'm not trying to go emotional or something, but how Natalya was totally different person in GE2010 (which was the only and the sole thing I liked in the game), which was really nice and innocent, that's how Tracy was in 007 Legends.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Seems like all our predictions about how piss poor this game would be have come true in spades.

So I guess the question for all those with more money than sense who have actually paid hard cash for it is :- is it even worth playing through once or are the levels so bastardised as to be unrecognisable from the original films that there is not even any nostalgia value to be had from ploughing through this feeble COD imitator?

I'm not even going to consider buying it until it goes below £10 (should be by the end of the week if current sales are anything to go by) but is it a waste of money even at that price?

As I've got to get Assassins Creed 3, Hitman and Farcry 3 am I better off putting my tenner towards those and pretending this abortion never happened?

Surely someone at EON and MGM has to notice this shambles? For them the game rights are just a cash cow to be milked and they don't really care about the quality of the game as long as it shifts plenty of units. That's fair enough they are in it to make money, but when they aren't making any money aren't they going to ask questions as to what the f**k is going on?

Please someone give the licence to Naughty Dog or Rockstar and give them till the release of Bond 24 to come up with something amazing.

All well and good to want a game out for the Christmas market but when it sells as many copies as the Hebrew translation of Mein Kampf what's the point? Just take a breather and let a really good developer come up with a GE N64 quality game and you will sell more copies than a hundred 007 Legends or GE Reloadeds put together.
    I just don't get this blinkered philosophy which means the consumer gets a shit product and they don't make any money. Just who is winning out of the current state of affairs - we're pissed off, Eurocom are all on the dole and EON are making zero money back. It's shocking business practice when you think about it, especially when Bond fever hasn't been this high since TB.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited November 2012 Posts: 2,056
    @TheWizardOfIce

Is it worth playing? As a curiosity, I suppose, but it is extremely terrible.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Seems like all our predictions about how piss poor this game would be have come true in spades.

So I guess the question for all those with more money than sense who have actually paid hard cash for it is :- is it even worth playing through once or are the levels so bastardised as to be unrecognisable from the original films that there is not even any nostalgia value to be had from ploughing through this feeble COD imitator?

I'm not even going to consider buying it until it goes below £10 (should be by the end of the week if current sales are anything to go by) but is it a waste of money even at that price?

As I've got to get Assassins Creed 3, Hitman and Farcry 3 am I better off putting my tenner towards those and pretending this abortion never happened?

Surely someone at EON and MGM has to notice this shambles? For them the game rights are just a cash cow to be milked and they don't really care about the quality of the game as long as it shifts plenty of units. That's fair enough they are in it to make money, but when they aren't making any money aren't they going to ask questions as to what the f**k is going on?

Please someone give the licence to Naughty Dog or Rockstar and give them till the release of Bond 24 to come up with something amazing.

All well and good to want a game out for the Christmas market but when it sells as many copies as the Hebrew translation of Mein Kampf what's the point? Just take a breather and let a really good developer come up with a GE N64 quality game and you will sell more copies than a hundred 007 Legends or GE Reloadeds put together.
    I just don't get this blinkered philosophy which means the consumer gets a shit product and they don't make any money. Just who is winning out of the current state of affairs - we're pissed off, Eurocom are all on the dole and EON are making zero money back. It's shocking business practice when you think about it, especially when Bond fever hasn't been this high since TB.

You made my day @TheWizardOfIce :)) . Great post, and very true.
    it's ok I played it and it's just ok
    I watched the Skyfall Mission on youtube...It's just sad. Also, they reused Sky Briggs from GE Reloaded (WHO WAS KILLED) as Ronson! that was a fail.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Murdock wrote:
    I watched the Skyfall Mission on youtube...It's just sad. Also, they reused Sky Briggs from GE Reloaded (WHO WAS KILLED) as Ronson! that was a fail.

Probably because Sky Briggs was producer David Wilson (son of MGW) so this was a way to get a second cameo.
    JamesPage wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Probably because Sky Briggs was producer David Wilson (son of MGW) so this was a way to get a second cameo.

Ooooooh. Never knew that. Makes sense now. The more you know. :)
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Wow. Just wow.

After playing through this, I can personally declare that 007: Legends is the worst Bond video game of all time. Yes, worse than Tomorrow Never Dies, worse than 007 Racing....THE WORST.

It's just a video game and it shouldn't bug me too much, but honestly, this game is an insult to James Bond fans.
    I have got the game for free, and have not got round to playing it yet I-)
    But thanks to all the comments above, I have decided to have a few drinks before hand and just laugh at the p$$$ poor gameplay and graphics, finish the game and put it on the shelf next to the others.
    On a seperate note anyone releasing a new unoffical cover ~(x box )for the game as it looks so bad. [-O<
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Murdock wrote:
    JamesPage wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Ooooooh. Never knew that. Makes sense now. The more you know. :)

That bodes badly. Is he being groomed in the world of Bond with this? When MGW and Babs pop off does this mean we'll have this clown and Gregg Wilson running the whole shebang?

MGW knocking on but Babs maybe got another 25 years to spare us from the Wilson boys. If 007 Legends is anything to go by by the time the 75th rolls around we'll look back on DAD, Alicia Keys and P&W as halcyon days.
  • AliAli
    My first post here (been lurking a few years) as I'm in a major Bond mood these days. Just bought the BluRay set and also spent £40 on the previous PS3 games. Have to admit to really enjoying Quantum Of Solace and Blood Stone. Far more than I expected to! Especially QoS. The old CoD3 engine never looked better! And even Goldeneye Reloaded has proven fun, if a bit unBond-like (I had the original N64 version and still play it on emulation and this just isn't the same).

So, my question, is this REALLY that bad?! I'm a Bond fan, but wouldn't say I'm as hardcore a fan as some seem to be. I know it seems to drastically alter the plots of the movies to fit its own agenda, and Daniel Craig is in places that Daniel Craig shouldn't be, but is it fun to play? Or does it have technical issues as well?
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I still can't believe anybody was ever defending this. People prefer what Activision are doing to EA? Yeah fair enough their last two games were poor but they weren't this bad.

I'd get something else instead of Hitman (somebody on here told me it wasn't very good) but yeah definetly don't spend a penny on this. I havem't played it but from what I've seen it isn't worth even a tenner. I'd get Far Cry, Assassins Creed and FIFA or Black Ops 2 or something.

Great post and you're right. Nobody is winning. We're getting a shit game and the game isn't making anybody money. If nobody is getting anything good out of things the way they are now I don't see why it would be so hard for them to put some effort in and make a good Bond game.
  • AliAli
    Have to add that Black Ops 2 campaign mode is terrible IMO. Very poor, exploitative and utterly disjointed. CoD seems to only exist for multiplayer and zombies nowadays. It's been a long time since a campaign mode was worth playing. I'd rather either of the two Medal Of Honor updates. I know both have flaws, but they are far more cohesive single player games.
    Ali wrote:
    Have to add that Black Ops 2 campaign mode is terrible IMO. Very poor, exploitative and utterly disjointed. CoD seems to only exist for multiplayer and zombies nowadays. It's been a long time since a campaign mode was worth playing. I'd rather either of the two Medal Of Honor updates. I know both have flaws, but they are far more cohesive single player games.

I got through a mission or two of BO2's campaign and didn't find it to be too terrible. I got caught up in other games, though, so I haven't continued it; perhaps that is when it gets terrible.
  • Ali wrote:

The only reason I ever really play COD is for campaign. It's great explosive fun. Multiplayer just annoys me and zombies is alright, but if I want to fight zombies I'll buy a proper zombie game.
  • AliAli
    I hate the zombie mode more than campaign, but I've found ever CoD since MW2 to be sensationalist and exploitative.
    In BlOps 2, the scenes where you play the bad guy are just ridiculous. Worse than MW2's already dodgy No Russian level.

It all left a sour taste in the mouth. If you want a look at the darker side of war, without CoD's exploitation, try Spec Ops: The Line or 2010's remake of Medal Of Honor. Both are far superior.