Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

Comments

Not as cheesy as expected. But still not great, to much CGI. It would have been better if te queen came into the stadium in the DB5.
    Bit sad that Dr. Who didn't even get a nod on the TV house!
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    The sequence was fantastic!! Very funny. I enjoyed it very very much!!
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 774
    From the James Bond 007 Facebook Page: 600052_499200286761554_725179141_n.jpg

Lovely dinner jacket.
    Nice little skit, all in all. Although the (french) commentators dropped the ball a bit there: they said that the Queen had never appeared in fiction. Well, she did, but she doesn't probably know about it. In "Bons Baisers de Hong Kong", without her knowledge. And aren't those corgis among the cutest dogs in the world ?

The rest of the show was good, and even great in parts. Loved the forging of the ring, Rowan Atkinson's skit. As for Mary Poppins dispatching Lord Voldemort, where did I see that before ? Ah, yes, the latest installment of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Wonder who got the idea first: Alan Moore or Danny Boyle ?

Now, I'm waiting the lighting of the flame, to see if my wish will come true (although I doubt it, the good Doctor hasn't appeared yet).
    I missed it! I missed it! I missed it! ~:>
    Gerard wrote:
    Now, I'm waiting the lighting of the flame, to see if my wish will come true (although I doubt it, the good Doctor hasn't appeared yet).

The doctor : didn't appear on the TV house, The footage of Matt Smith carrying the tourch wasn't used, None of the monsters appeared in the nightmare segment. Hmmmmmmm..... :-?
    I missed it! I missed it! I missed it! ~:>

On the previous page of this thread there are some youtube links.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,182
    I want David Tennant to light the Olympic Flame, as it happened in Doctor Who. That would be absolutely amazing and very smart.

Fingers crossed.
  • Yes Dr. Who indeed.

The Bond segment was ok - nice to see the Queen joined in the fun...and I must say DC did do us proud... I think it's the first time I have really seen him as my Bond...bring on SKYFALL...bring it!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    tumblr_m7u7jvcJ4d1rv82rjo1_400.gif
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Waking up in Japan. Of course there is NOTHING available yet. The youtube videos won't play, everything is blocked. Geez. Thanks to Marketto and others for getting us at least something! It looks so cool!! I'm confident GB is putting on a great show. I love the opening ceremonies, and I will buy this dvd for sure, but I so wish I could have seen it all live.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Well that was exhilirating :D
    Waking up in Japan. Of course there is NOTHING available yet. The youtube videos won't play, everything is blocked. Geez. Thanks to Marketto and others for getting us at least something! It looks so cool!! I'm confident GB is putting on a great show. I love the opening ceremonies, and I will buy this dvd for sure, but I so wish I could have seen it all live.

It's amazing. It seems that the UK and NZ are the ONLY ones getting it live!

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2012 Posts: 11,139
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I really thought that Bond would be going into a firefight inside the stadium, while protecting the Queen, however not having that it was a cool thing! No action? they're reserving for the movie.

Why on earth would you think anything remotely like this would happen?? A shootout at the Olimpic stadium?? Never mind the fact that the Colorado shootings are still fresh on people's minds. If that was your expectation for this, God only knows what your hoping for in SF.
    Volante wrote:
    From the James Bond 007 Facebook Page: 600052_499200286761554_725179141_n.jpg

Lovely dinner jacket.

You cannot buy publicity like this! Fairplay to the Queen for being up for some fictional fun! And what coup for Eon and especially Daniel Craig! Was funny with the dogs too! But that simple little sequence will pay dividends i'm sure!

Never ever thought DC would light the torch though? Come on? It is a WORLD sporting event and not a movie promo opportunity. The show was great and well done London, the people who took part and ofcourse Danny Boyle for his vision! Lets have a great and safe Olympic games! =D> :-bd
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,782
    None of The Sun's description came true in terms of quotes - shame - I liked the line Bond, Games Bond.
    None of the vids plays so far...

• Virage wrote:
    Not as cheesy as expected. But still not great, to much CGI. It would have been better if te queen came into the stadium in the DB5.
    Bit sad that Dr. Who didn't even get a nod on the TV house!
    Probably because it might have a bigger moment after the Parade of Nations? They can't NOT have Dr. Who in here...they just can't.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19018666

full clip

Adele now playing, a sound of things to come.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,442
    Adele :-)

I hoped DC anouched the title singer and mabey expect her, now she is stil be litle bit there.
    bond.gif

full clip

I don't see a clip. :(
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited July 2012 Posts: 858
    slide_241410_1292237_free.jpg

For queen and country? I think she can handle herself! :D
  • Germanlady wrote:

full clip

I don't see a clip. :(

Just go to the bbc site and type in James Bond in search, unless they've blocked it for non-uk viewers.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @forgotmyusername, last time I checked, it was blocked for non-UK viewers.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,635
    doubleoego wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I really thought that Bond would be going into a firefight inside the stadium, while protecting the Queen, however not having that it was a cool thing! No action? they're reserving for the movie.

Why on earth would you think anything remotely like this would happen?? A shootout at the Olimpic stadium?? Never mind the fact that the Colorado shootings are still fresh on people's minds. If that was your expectation for this, God only knows what your hoping for in SF.

Of course i was speaking of a scene inside. it was a remote thing i know.
    Sorry for having think of anything like this anyway
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @forgotmyusername, last time I checked, it was blocked for non-UK viewers.

I'll dl and upload in a few mins if I can. Give us a mo.

Na won't let me do it, I'm sure it'll be up soon enough in HD.