Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

Comments

• edited November 2017 Posts: 236
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Ah, now for the TSWLM moment...
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Though not as detailed as some people thought, It definately was a nice little touch.
    Just as I thought, a little wink.
    Where is James Bond Theme used here taken from? DN or GF?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Yay!!!!!!!
  • Built it up too much, now epically disappointed...
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,261
    Ah, for those, who did not know the difference, they had a name tag inserted, the one telling us, that Jacques Rogge indeed IS Jacque Rogge, and that HM the Queen actually IS HM the Queen... :-? Glad to know that, I almost mixed them up... #:-S #:-S #:-S
    W_PPK wrote:
    Where is James Bond Theme used here taken from? DN or GF?

it's "The" James Bond theme. not easy to pin down to a certain film, as it's used in multiple ones.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Fair enough, that wasn't as cheesey as I was expecting. I would have preferred a new arrangement of the Bond theme too.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,444
    Nice contrubution from DC and the English queen (and her dogs?), but shame the stunt people don't land in the stadion. This made that the last 20 seconds you see only a glimp of the stadion and also not see a good landing.

Strange is that some media don't talk about DC going to do this and it be a secret who some guest be. Whyle we already know it for 2 months DC going to be part of the opening.

And when we get some David Arnold music and Paul McCartney.
    Loved daniel's face when the Churchill statue came alive, brilliant!
    It was cool when the Bond theme starting playing. Still wish the Queen wasn't involved though, somebody tell her she is allowed to smile.
    Fair enough, that wasn't as cheesey as I was expecting.

Same, but after all that I think it was a let down.
    I thought he was getting a knighthood in the film? .... and it was the Queen and not a look-a-like. ...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It's the dr.no bond theme they used and I was expecting something more but I guess, it's understandable( health and safety and of course we can't have Bond stealing the show.
  • It would appear that a bearded DC is indeed in the States and not here at all :-(
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well, Bond didn't get knighted so all those purists can breathe a sigh of relief.
    Kananga wrote:
    I thought he was getting a knighthood in the film?

I'm really glad they didn't do that, it would've made it really cheesey.
  • Still, we've solved the big mystery of how they'd get DC out of a moving helicopter and into the stadium, they didn't bloody have to.
    Next question is whether Sir Paul plays Hey Jude or Live and Let Die?
    Still, we've solved the big mystery of how they'd get DC out of a moving helicopter and into the stadium, they didn't bloody have to.

:))

Yeah I agree with most of you, it was a let down.
    I think, it was a very satisfying little film and, of coures, it WAS the Queen, that was confirmed all along. Funny interacting between Bond and the Corgis...e was alllowed to smile. Hey... :D
    It was NOT a letdown, come on, this is the Olympics and not a 007 trailer. Enjoy the show!
    I didn't care about the Queen, I thought that part sounded cheesey, I cared about Bond jumping into the stadium, which didn't happen. So for me, let down.
    I think people saying it was a letdown is not really fair. England is more than Bond, and with the length it was I thought it was a nice little nudge. '

I was also "proud" thet they credited John Barry as the composer.
    The parachuting into the stadium by Daniel was always impossible - just maybe the ladderthing. But maybe that would have taken too long. they have a strict schedule and this was rather long all together and it was humorous as well.
    I knew he couldn't parachute in but I thought maybe he could abseil or something, idk, I know they had a tight schedule and everything and it can't be helped, but I was just expecting more.