Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

Comments

Volante wrote:
    Volante wrote:
    I hope if they use Craig, they don't make him wear stupid safety stuff, although it'll probably be the stunt man.

I'm looking forward to the bit where he abseils in, but not the bit with the Queen, and I really hope Beckham isn't involved.

And if the Queen gives Bond a mission to assassinate Beckham?

Hmmm, that would be cool, but it's still the Queen. How about FIFA tell Bond to assassinate Beckham in the name of football?

If that makes it into the Opening Ceremony, it would definitely be worth watching.

FIFA?? Now seriously fellas, if ever there was an organisation to rival Spectre with the greatest villain since Blofeld at its head, look no further....

Bond 24: 'Bond faces his toughest assignment yet when he takes on the power hungry organisation keen for world domination; FIFA.'

Many puns to be had. "Sepp Blatter, bite my Arsenal" "You only Liverpool twice"
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Lest we forget guys and gals...David Arnold is, of course, also opening the Olympics (technically) with his estute musical steer. I for one wish him every success.

I'm going to rue this post given the hatred on this forum. ha ha. :-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Lest we forget guys and gals...David Arnold is, of course, also opening the Olympics (technically) with his estute musical steer. I for one wish him every success.

I'm going to rue this post given the hatred on this forum. ha ha. :-)

I thought Arnold was only doing the closing ceremony ?
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Whoops! ha ha. Yes DC007 you are quite right...seems you are safe for another two weeks. :-)

Saying that though, if Bond is involved tonite, im sure a bit of
    Nic Dodd/DavidArnold influence might come to the fore.

Incidentally, has anyone seen the footage of British Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt hitting a spectator with his brass bell? Hilarious.
    On Sky News London Mayor Boris Johnson was asked: "Did you see Jeremy's mishap with his bell end" (quickly corrected by the interviewer) LOL!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I presume Craig as Bond will bring the torch from city hall to the stadium.
    To the tune of "...Dance - into the fire..." etc :-)
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,329
    Maybe we will hear the Skyfall title song for the 1st time this evening :D
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Made this. :)

2012.jpg
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Great job Marcos!

Also, can't wait for the Olympics.
    Made this. :)

2012.jpg

Epic
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited July 2012 Posts: 543
    Awesome @marketto007. Makes me more excited for the Olympics.
    Glad you liked. :)
    marketto, you my friend are a legend!
    doubleoego wrote:
    marketto, you my friend are a legend!

haha...thanks for the kind words mate, but I'm not that much I'm affraid. :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Would it have killed EON if they had done a poster similar to marketto's ? It seems all the best Bond posters in recent years are fan made. Why can't EON release epic posters like the one on this page ? What a lazy, useless company in terms of marketing.
    LOL seasons change but you can always count on DaltonCraig to remain the same.
  • Would it have killed EON if they had done a poster similar to marketto's ? .
    I think it would have cost several millions of dollars.

These official YouTube channels will be apparently be streaming the opening ceremony live

http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic

http://www.youtube.com/user/london2012

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Paddy Power on Talksport 2 minutes ago has Steve Redgrave, Daley Thompson and Roger Bannister as favourites to light the torch, a member of the royal family and Becks at 9/1 and in at 16/1 is Bond!

Get on it people and make yourself a bit as Dan fires the PPK to light the flame!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Bond at 16/1, I love it! I'm still hoping for Daniel Craig to come out of that helicopter. God willing, it happens!
    I would assume, Daniel is the first to say, he is not worthy of doing it and won't.
    Not worthy? He's James Bond. If he's in the opening short film, he deserves to finish it off and do the stunt at least. Just my view.
    Yes, the stunt...but does that led to the light the flame?
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,782
    With Paul McCartney on tonight - any chance of LALD being preformed live to usher in DC on a jet pack?
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    With Paul McCartney on tonight - any chance of LALD being preformed live to usher in DC on a jet pack?
    That...would...be....awesome.

Germanlady wrote:
    Yes, the stunt...but does that led to the light the flame?

For Craig to do all that...wow. It would certainly show off the Britishness of the UK.

We have the short film. Even if we only get that, what a way to begin!
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    Give it a rest. Please.
    Lazenby all day everyday off camera every way
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,619
    Germanlady wrote:
    These official YouTube channels will be apparently be streaming the opening ceremony live

http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic

http://www.youtube.com/user/london2012

They won't broadcast live on YouTube in every country. If you want to find out where you can watch it live online depending on where you live, you can do it here:

http://www.olympic.org/content/broadcaster-home/