Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

1141516171820»

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's nearly six years old, that may be why. Gosh, I've been around this site for that long...
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 11,425
    I am sure this discussion has been had already but is Danny Boyle a potential Bond director?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    And that description of the scene at the end of that article is the deleted CR scene I have been waiting to see since I saw Bond and Vesper in the water in one of the CR trailers. Hopefully we finally get to see it when the collection releases.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    And that description of the scene at the end of that article is the deleted CR scene I have been waiting to see since I saw Bond and Vesper in the water in one of the CR trailers. Hopefully we finally get to see it when the collection releases.

True, its been on endless promo pics...

JAMES BOND AND THE QUEEN AT OLYMPICS VOTED ‘MOMENT THAT MOST CHANGED U.K. TV’

According to a poll of British TV viewers, the Queen’s London Games appearance alongside Daniel Craig‘s James Bond has been voted the “moment that most changed British TV,” the Hollywood Reporter reveals.

“Viewers gazed in wonder and puzzlement, pride and laughter: is this really the Queen?” says TV historian Jonathan Bignell. “The moment beautifully broke the boundaries between fact and fiction, and in doing so made its mark worldwide.”

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2012/09/olympics-clip-with-james-bond-and-the-queen-voted-moment-that-most-changed-u-k-tv/
  • Yes, those of us who are not from England apparently don't realize what a huge precedent changing moment that clip was. I thought it was fun and cute but I'm told that for a lot of people it was jaw-dropping to actually see it happen.
    I suppose, it was somewhat of a ? until people really saw it and many probably didn't know, it would happen at all. And the Queen is not known for being "easily amused and prone to do a scetch like this".

But yeah, this result is surprising.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 183
    Nice to see Fools and Horses' chandelier moment at number 2! Thinking about it has brought a smile to my face!
  • RC7RC7
    The phrase 'that most changed British TV' is a bit of misnomer in this case, wouldn't you say? The only one on that list of 10 that has had any effect on the landscape of British TV is unfortunately Big Brother. The rest are just things people liked or were in awe of. Man, I hate polls they're BS.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    It was a fun moment but how did it change TV? Or basically any of the things on that list? Yep, that, like most polls, is BS.
    TPM007 wrote:
    Nice to see Fools and Horses' chandelier moment at number 2! Thinking about it has brought a smile to my face!

My favourite episode :)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Favourite ep of ofah for me is the one with the broken lawnmowers.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    The usual bollocks list that makes no sense.

How has the Queen appearing with Bond 'changed TV'? Its chnaged out perception of her maybe and was a 'wow' moment but its hardly the most revolutionary thing since John Logie Baird.

You could say Python changed TV comedy with its subversive nature and playing with struture and audience expectations but as RC7 says the only other one is Big Brother which heralded the start of the dismal instant celebrity culture in which we still find ourselves entombed.

And as someone who pays the extortionate licence fee for basically just MOTD, Newsnight, The Thick Of It and the odd documentary can someone tell me why there is a BBC America website?
    :) There is a vid attached, when the Queen gets presented with the Bafta.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304153/Queen-wins-honorary-Bafta-memorable-Bond-girl-yet.html
    How fantastic. Thanks GL.
    Boyle’s enthusiasm was infectious and persuaded the country’s leading lady to get firmly and gamely on board. Boyle thinks the Queen agreed to be filmed with Bond at Buckingham Palace and “parachuted” into the stadium for several reasons.

“She knew the Jubilee, obviously in the same year, was gonna be very formal. And you have an instinct when you perform in public. You just have instincts. And I’m sure that was part of the instinct: ‘Let’s change it, make it different.’”

The symbolism of an East End-set Games also struck a regal chord. “I think she also must have known, because I was involved, that they were going to make it like a People’s Games… so there was a chance to take a risk with it.”

Equally, she may be royal, but it seems Elizabeth II is mortal like the rest of us. She likes a bit of celebrity. “She wanted her staff to have a day out with a movie star. And so we did!” Boyle grins. “Daniel came, and he’s a movie star! He’s James Bond! Everybody can get their picture taken…” Did the Queen cosy up with Daniel Craig for a pic, too? “Absolutely!” laughs Danny Boyle. “Yeah! But she was very, very keen and insistent that her staff did as well. I liked that about her very much. You thought, yeah, that’s decent, looking after them like that. And we had a lovely afternoon filming with the two of them.”

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-04-27/danny-boyle-on-the-moment-the-queen-got-her-picture-taken-with-james-bond
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    God bless Betty Windsor.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Betty Windsor =))
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 11,425
    Getafix wrote: »
    I am sure this discussion has been had already but is Danny Boyle a potential Bond director?

Ho ho ho. Innocent times.

Speaking of the Olympics I read that the 2020 games are at risk of cancellation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/tokyo-olympics-coronavirus-2020-postponed-japan-china-date-ioc-outbreak-a9371331.html