Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Or Daniel saying to himself, "this never happened to the other fellows".
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Kerim wrote:

Aaah. Imagine if he'd had said that to the camera Lazenby style. The line was bad enough first time round ~X(
    Anyway, somebocy has to say it, so it might as well be me: this has to be on the Skyfall DVD extras.

Agreed ?

Well, let's start a petition to Sony to make it come true.
    Gerard wrote:
    Anyway, somebocy has to say it, so it might as well be me: this has to be on the Skyfall DVD extras.

Agreed ?

Well, let's start a petition to Sony to make it come true.

I already planned ahead on this and recorded this Bond segment. On rewatching today i noticed how the Queen has a twinkle of amusement in her eye, and Daniel Craig has a wry smile at the REAL monarch saying his charactor name! Also the grin where DC looks at the Corgi's from the helicopter.

A great sequence, its still getting alot of TV news time and is all over the press here in the UK! Priceless publicity! Bring on the movie!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I'm still wondering as to who were the stunt doubles that did the jump for both the Queen and Bond? Was it really a stuntman wearing the Queen's attire and wig????
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Well the Bond section of the ceremony was nothing spectacular, it was OK at best.... the best moment of the ceremony for me was Mr Bean, and the mind-blowing lighting up of the torch... that was one of the most amazing moment I have ever seen. Such a beautiful tribute to the spirit of sports.
  • Well the Bond section of the ceremony was nothing spectacular, it was OK at best.... the best moment of the ceremony for me was Mr Bean, and the mind-blowing lighting up of the torch... that was one of the most amazing moment I have ever seen. Such a beautiful tribute to the spirit of sports.

I thought it was ok but to have the Queen and Bond jump out of helicopter over a stadium in the middle of the night over a reclaimed East End bog is out there...and got some cheap publicity for Bond.

Not the 50th tribute it should have been.

The torch was amazing and I was close to tears with emotion during the 7/7 images and the song and dance tribute afterwards was truly touching and truly British.

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    All the links are down - again.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Maybe its just me but Craig's "Bond walk" reminds me of the T-1000

That's gonna be stuck in my head all the way through SF. Maybe at the end of the film he can say "I'll be back" :))
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I bet Pierce (if he was watching it) was slowly getting more and more drunk and thinking "that used to be me".

Nah, I doubt Pierce cares anymore.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    MartinBond wrote:

The video won't be taken down if its official. Watch the Bond scene with the Queen from the official Olympics upload >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AS-dCdYZbo
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    imranbecks wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

The video won't be taken down if its official. Watch the Bond scene with the Queen from the official Olympics upload >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AS-dCdYZbo

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
    Sorry about that.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,107
    Can't watch that...
    I'm just glad he made it in one piece! The last time we saw Mr Bond being picked up by helicopter, and taken to the East End, it looked touch and go for a while! :P
    Loved the whole ceremony - Bond bit was a great treat! The theme kicking in as the chutes opened gave me goosebumps.

DC is the so The Man. He barely speaks and is just so cool. Some great looks/glances.

EON must be chuffed. A quick window to...ooh, the whole world....to remind everyone Bond is still about...and only a few months to go now.
    If the Queen is a female lead in a James Bond film dose that make her a bond girl?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Virage wrote:
    gt007 wrote:
    Not a single Doctor Who reference? That was disappointing.

However, I'm pretty sure I heard the TARDIS during the 60's or 70's dancing bit. I thought it was a hint for a bigger Doctor Who skit later on, but unfortunately I was proven wrong.

What a shame.

Watching the 126th rerun today. The TARDIS sound effect IS used during bohemian raspontrey.

And here is proof:

Too bad they didn't use it as a prologue to a bigger Doctor Who sketch.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Bond Granny ;)

Just wached it again from my hard drive, The theme kicking in loudly sends a shiver down my spine, Greatly executed!
  • No duran duran tribute I noticed - can anyone help me find the the section after the 7/7 tribute please - the afro-caribbean scottish singer with the little boy and dancers - that was so moving .
    Yes,I agree forgotmyusername, that would have been nice. DD are my favourite band, and successful in the UK and all over the world. They were performing in Hyde Park so that was decent enough I suppose. Also, they can't name check every artist I suppose, so some inevitably got left out.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 6,601
    In German, but a very good resulution and large format. Is it possible to save this in this format? Won't ber there for too long.

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/#/beitrag/video/1694616/Bond-bringt-die-Queen-ins-Stadion

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I believe the above version is blocked for those outside Germany. It doesn't work for me, anyway.

MI6's version should play worldwide without any problems:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/event_olympics_2012_video.php3?t=&s=&id=03231
    Remember when Danny Boyle was rumored to direct 'Bond 23' back in 2009? Well, he did direct a Bond film at the end! :)
    Can't say I was a fan. It was just really strange. But I'm Canadian, so I'm probably missing out on some of the British loyalty.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Virage wrote:
    If the Queen is a female lead in a James Bond film dose that make her a bond girl?

She did a better acting job than some of the other Bond girls.

The US didn't get to see the 7/7 tribute. We got Ryan Seacrest interviewing Michael Phelps instead. Just saw it and it was hauntingly beautiful.
    I really enjoyed the Bond segment, i thought it was really well done. DC looked like he enjoyed doing it. I enjoyed the whole ceremony.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,494
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Kerim wrote:

Aaah. Imagine if he'd had said that to the camera Lazenby style. The line was bad enough first time round ~X(

This was funny and so true. I'm sure Pierce was fine with it, 6 years ago, yeah, he probably would have been a bit jealous.

A great job by my British cousins with everything they did, kudos to them. It was best for them to stay true to their national identity and not try to compete with the OTT Beijing spectacular which may not be topped anytime soon in it's scale of grandeur. Hearing Sir Paul at the end was also a big highlight, especially him choking up briefly with genuine emotion in the first verse.

The American feed was much more focused on the Bond segment at the conclusion of the ceremonies than when it originally aired. They were really hyping the Queen with James Bond and mentioned Craig as well. Short of hyping the new film directly, and this broadcast could have been a great time to release the new trailer, it was practically named as the standout segment amongst many and I think it was an overall success. I definitely hope they will include it next year when SkyFall is released on DVD.

delete
  • As a Canadian, I have to say that the opening ceremony blew me away. Cool Britannia indeed. It reminded me of all of the things that I love about British pop culture, and the energy, humanity, and scale were incredible.

When the "dance party" started (was it called The Digital Age?) my girlfriend and I commented about how the Brits can make things seem cool and energetic when most people would make them stodgy. This is why I love awards shows like the Brit Awards - American award shows seem so low-key and lame by comparison.

I'm sure that haters will hate and certain people will complain that there wasn't a trailer for SF in the opening ceremonies, but come on! This isn't about Bond, it's about the Olympics. The bit with Craig and the Queen was just about perfect, and from what I understand from some Brits, just being in that film and allowing her "image" to be used in that way was a HUGE thing for the Queen. Had she knighted Bond, or had there been a shootout trying to get her to the opening ceremonies (! Pretty bad taste if they had done that!) it would have been way too much and absolutely the wrong tone.

Well done, Danny Boyle!
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 1,492
    There is always one bit of an opening ceremony that sticks in your brain and everyone talks about ie Moscow 1980 Mischka the bear winking, 1984 LA the jetpack, Barcelona 1992the Gaudi puppetry, Athens 2004 the stadium being flooded OIympic rings alight and this time it is...

James Bond and Queen Elizabeth II skydiving into the stadium...

Danny Boyle played a blinder.
    A good overall gif view "Good evening, Mr. Bond"
    Both smiles look genuine.
    http://eaglenebula.tumblr.com/