Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

Comments

I really enjoyed it. DC and the "real" Queen together with her Majesty addressing him as Bond. I never thought I'd see the day. Those that disliked it are curmudgeons. Seriously, what did you expect? A mini-Bond film with explosions?
  • I thought it was perfect, nice little nod
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Here's the entire thing. Crystal clear.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Thanks bg! i'll download it and put on my channel :P yes, i'm a robber.
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2012 Posts: 10,512
    Brilliant. I'm a bloody cynic but proud tonight. Look at the size of us and look at what we've done. Understated genius.

Mod edit: Please watch the language.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh, thank you SO MUCH!!! It was brilliant! And beautifully clear. Thanks a million! I just loved it. =D>
    bondsum wrote:
    I really enjoyed it. DC and the "real" Queen together with her Majesty addressing him as Bond. I never thought I'd see the day. Those that disliked it are curmudgeons. Seriously, what did you expect? A mini-Bond film with explosions?

No, I didn't like it that much because I expected Craig to actually be there :P If anyone is a curmudgeon it's the Queen, barely ever smiles :))

It was alright, much less cheesey than I thought it would be and the skydive was cool, but I think overall it was a bit of a let down. Some of the other stuff in the ceremony was much better imo.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Thanks for the youtube upload! I missed the bit where he gets a knighthood or accepts the invitation to open the games?? Is there any more to this clip?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Yes. everytime i watch it i think.. Wow, Bond finally made it. He met the queen.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    w2bond wrote:
    Thanks for the youtube upload! I missed the bit where he gets a knighthood or accepts the invitation to open the games?? Is there any more to this clip?

Nah, you missed nothing, none of that stuff (knighthood, invitation), was actually included.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I thought the sequence was great.. What was weird though was that they left Buckingham Palace during the day, only to arrive at the stadium at night..hahaha..

Screenshot2012-07-28atAM061955.png
    Screenshot2012-07-28atAM062037.png
    Screenshot2012-07-28atAM062055.png
    Screenshot2012-07-28atAM060859.png
    Screenshot2012-07-28atAM062206.png
    Screenshot2012-07-28atAM062554.png
    Screenshot2012-07-28atAM062612.png
    Screenshot2012-07-28atAM062728.png
    Screenshot2012-07-28atAM062838.png
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    w2bond wrote:

Nah, you missed nothing, none of that stuff (knighthood, invitation), was actually included.

Thanks.

Still a a good skit, love how the queen jumps out too

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    My only quibble--he shoulda pulled up to the palace in the DB5. DOH.
    No, I didn't like it that much because I expected Craig to actually be there :P If anyone is a curmudgeon it's the Queen, barely ever smiles :))

It was alright, much less cheesey than I thought it would be and the skydive was cool, but I think overall it was a bit of a let down. Some of the other stuff in the ceremony was much better imo.
    I bet you liked the Isambard Kingdom Brunel skit with Kenneth Branagh more? :))

It was meant to be tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously. I think it will prove to be a great advertisement for Skyfall and remind viewers that DC is still James Bond, in case they didn't get the memo. Come tomorrow ever newspaper around the world will have a picture of Her Maj with James Bond on the front page. Can't be bad.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,333
    =bg= wrote:
    My only quibble--he shoulda pulled up to the palace in the DB5. DOH..

Good point. I thought the same thing. Maybe Danny Boyle didn't want to give the game away to the photographers hanging around the Palace gates when they were secretly filming this segment? Bond arriving in his DB5 would've looked much cooler, and would have made more sense why the kids were looking out the window at who was arriving.
    The funny thing is that this short film was watched by more people than any previous Bond film.
    I could have gone without the 'happy' Londoners and the statue coming alive.

But I did get chills when the parachutes opened and the theme blasted.
    Great little Bond scene and the Queen was a good sport. Excellent opening ceremony so far! Proud to be British!!!!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    That take a whyle.

The camera spot the English Queen falling a sleep a litle bit. I-)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Well if this is a taste of what Arnold's been up to I say I'm glad Newman is doing Skyfall, nothing particularly memorable but not utter rubbish a kind of middle ground, like most of his Bond scores really.
    Shardlake wrote:
    Well if this is a taste of what Arnold's been up to I say I'm glad Newman is doing Skyfall, nothing particularly memorable but not utter rubbish a kind of middle ground, like most of his Bond scores really.

Arnold is scoring the closing ceremony. You can't complain about him yet! Haha
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Nice to see one of Britain's finest ever bands and my personal fav get a look in, Pink Floyd's Eclipse!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,443
    3hr50 minutes. Longer then the chinees version. In The Netherlands it is 01.49 AM (and Uk 0.49) so goodnight..
    Did the entire world see this? Or was it to fill in while commmercial channels worldwidce do their thing and show adverts?
    Fantastic. Don't think you can compare with Bejing as they are almost opposite ends of the spectrum. Nice twist with the Couldern lighters at the end, Infact the Couldern it's self was a brilliant twist. In other news I want beckhams boat!
    actonsteve wrote:
    Did the entire world see this? Or was it to fill in while commmercial channels worldwidce do their thing and show adverts?

Well here in New Zealand two channels where showing it. Sky Sport had it live and uninterrupted, but this is pay tv. Free TV got it on Prime. They had breaks but they paused the ceremony, cut to adds, play the ceremony.

Anyhow where do we continue Olympic discussion?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Not a single Doctor Who reference? That was disappointing.

However, I'm pretty sure I heard the TARDIS during the 60's or 70's dancing bit. I thought it was a hint for a bigger Doctor Who skit later on, but unfortunately I was proven wrong.

What a shame.
    gt007 wrote:
    Not a single Doctor Who reference? That was disappointing.

However, I'm pretty sure I heard the TARDIS during the 60's or 70's dancing bit. I thought it was a hint for a bigger Doctor Who skit later on, but unfortunately I was proven wrong.

What a shame.

Yeah me to, Apparently the theme and I am the doctor played during the parade. Oh well theres always the closing ceremony.
    Virage wrote:
    Fantastic. Don't think you can compare with Bejing as they are almost opposite ends of the spectrum.

The other half said Beijing was spectacular but "cold". Very martial and "long live Chairman Mao! Love live Chairman Mao!"

I thought the London was accessible and human. The nhs bit brought a tear to my eye.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Chinese car company commercials and political ads every 2 minutes. Stay classy NBC, stay classy.
    Changed the title of this discussion.