The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Man am I going to have one unforgettable night. Me and my two buds are going to a marathon of Batman Begins and TDK back to back leading up to the midnight premiere. I will get to be in a theater for almost 10 hours!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Man am I going to have one unforgettable night. Me and my two buds are going to a marathon of Batman Begins and TDK back to back leading up to the midnight premiere. I will get to be in a theater for almost 10 hours!

Have fun, bud! They had six showtimes of that in my town for $20, but it sold out quick. I have tickets for 6:00 PM tomorrow. Let me know your thoughts.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

Have fun, bud! They had six showtimes of that in my town for $20, but it sold out quick. I have tickets for 6:00 PM tomorrow. Let me know your thoughts.
    Hopefully our venue isn't sold out, but you never know!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,480
    Ahh, it very well could be. Let's hope it isn't. Like I said, I'm in a smaller town and there are six showtimes tonight, all sold out. There are twelve showtimes for tomorrow, and only one is sold out so far.

Though I needn't tell anyone, I will, anyway: Steer clear from sites like 'ComingSoon.net' or any others with comment sections for news articles. I clicked on a link for a poster for Arnold Schwarzenegger's new film, and I caught 'Nothing like reading a random article's comment sections and finding out the ending of The Dark Knight Rises.' Be very, very wary until you see the film, everyone.
    I have been out of everything but this site and iTunes all day.
    I am but minutes from leaving with friends to see Batman Begins, TDK, and then TDKR back to back to back. Anyone else going tonight, drive safe and have the time of your lives. I know I will! :)
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,480
    I am but minutes from leaving with friends to see Batman Begins, TDK, and then TDKR back to back to back. Anyone else going tonight, drive safe and have the time of your lives. I know I will! :)

Lucky, lucky, lucky. Send me a picture of the line - I'm sure I haven't seen one that big since TDK midnight premiere I attended. Enjoy!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Enjoy! When I log back on tomorrow, I'll be sure to let you all know what I thought of this film too.
    Same here. I'm seeing the film at 6 PM, then headed back to my friend's place for the night, and we leave for the beach in the morning. Looking forward to sharing my thoughts with those who have seen the film by that point, as well. Enjoy, @Samuel001.
    I just saw it at a screening last night. A lot of folks are already muttering online about how it's not this, it's not that. Always inevitably picking away. All I'll say is this: it's gargantuan in scope and ambition. A true epic in every sense of the word. And I for one got exactly the movie I was hoping for.

Hopefully you all will as well.
    I just saw it at a screening last night. A lot of folks are already muttering online about how it's not this, it's not that. Always inevitably picking away. All I'll say is this: it's gargantuan in scope and ambition. A true epic in every sense of the word. And I for one got exactly the movie I was hoping for.

Hopefully you all will as well.

Nice to hear that a fellow user has already seen and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to it. In exactly 24 hours, I'll be sitting in a theater, waiting for it to start. Might have to enjoy a Mojito in my theater while I wait for those agonizing 30 minutes to finish.
    Hm.. going back to the reviews of TDK, it seems the 'rotten' reviews on that film claim the same flaws with this new one, so I've nothing to worry about :D
    Well @DarthBork has added spoilers for this, so I'm going to make my way out of this thread until I see the film tomorrow evening. Enjoy, everyone, for those who end up seeing it by then!
    I know there were rumors the new Skyfall trailer will be attached to Batman, any idea if it's true?
    MaidenDeth wrote:
    I know there were rumors the new Skyfall trailer will be attached to Batman, any idea if it's true?

(I'm still sauntering my way into the topic, though I know I shouldn't be...)

Anyway, yes, there is a new full trailer attached to the IMAX trailers of 'The Dark Knight Rises.' Should be online sometime tomorrow; early in the morning, if we're lucky enough to have midnight release viewers record it.
    You have to pick at a lot of things about this movie not to like it. Sure I would've liked a bit more exposition about the new characters at the in the first third of the movie, but at the same time I wish there was more Batman. My only complaint is just that I wish there was more, and in that case I got the movie I wanted and then some. Last third of this movie was absolutely incredible.
    I am so incredibly moved right now. The Nolan Batman films have come full circle, and end with this absolutely emotionally compelling epic. The film's scope and the risk are heightened more than ever, and the danger feels absolutely real. Nolan finishes this trilogy leaving me not only completely touched, but also leaves an indelible final film that completes the most beautiful series of Batman films we will ever see. Missing out on this film is an injustice. Everything I could have wished for Nolan gave, and though I thought it all impossible, the films kept getting better and better until the very conclusion. I speak not only as a movie lover, but more importantly as a Batman fan when I say that Nolan made all the right moves, and never faltered in giving us these amazing films which can never be forgotten. I plan on reviewing it, but it would take hours to sum up my feelings on this masterpiece. ^:)^
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,347
    Keep this thread for the wonderful film.

The cowardly monsters and their actions are covered here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3585/ten-people-shot-dead-at-batman-premiere-in-denver
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Keep this thread for the wonderful film.

The cowardly monsters and their actions are covered here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3585/ten-people-shot-dead-at-batman-premiere-in-denver

Precisely. This thread is for cinematic rejoice, and not sorrowful conversation.
  • This is a solid film, but it works best as a trilogy. I think the one thing that TDKR didn't have was the "stand-alone" feel of Begins or Dark Knight, which both benefits and detracts at the same time. So obviously some causal movie-goers will be disappointed this is nothing like The Dark Knight, but then again, it shouldn't be. 8.75/10 by itself, 10/10 when viewed with the previous two films. Arguably the best movie trilogy since The Lord of the Rings and The Godfather Saga.
    Just seen it in IMAX. One word, superb. I defy anyone to not gasp in awe at the last 30 minutes, even if it takes over 2 hours to get there.
    Best film this year.
    No doubt this was the film many of us wanted, just so, so good. Where to begin with discussing it? Somebody choose.
    To be honest I think it would be prudent to wait until the majority of people have had a chance to read it before discussing it and that way spoilers would be more in the public realm.
    That's fine with me, I'm just impatient to start. I can hold off for a while. Just say the word and I'll be here!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,043
    TDK for me is still the best entry but TDKR was hugely epic conclusion to one of the best trilogies of all time. There are plot holes if you look too closely but then have most big budget block busters but they aren't invested with the quality of Nolan's films, I think more than now Nolan should be allowed to direct Bond, this film is littered with Bondian moments.

My friend said it was one of the best super hero movies he'd ever seen but it wasn't Batman to him, I'm not as attached to Batman the comic and I've always been drawn to these films more because of Nolan, so I see them as his take which means anyone can come along and reboot this and give it their take, I don't envy them though.

Batman Begins 4/5
    The Dark Knight 5/5
    The Dark Knight Rises 4.5/5

Unfortunately no Skyfall trailer at my IMAX showing no trailers at all!
    Just saw it. I think it's much better than The Dark Knight. The last 10-15 minutes were amazing. I wish we'll see a Bond film with such an emotional ending in the future.
    The reason why there were no trailers at my IMAX screening was because the film is too long and they could not fit anything else in. At least that's what theatre management announced.
    Seen it today. I wasn't completely blown away like I was after seing TDK, but a very nice conclusion to one of the best trilogies ever made. Like other have said: the last half hour is a nailbiting blast.
    Amazing!
    Can´t say anything about the film ´cause it won´t show before coming Wednesday, but the soundtrack CD is instantly a great listen.