The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

edited July 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 114
Thought we might as well have a thread for this, seeing as it's a great thread for news resource, and let's face it, we're gonna need one soon once things start kicking off officially. So why not. <a href="http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75398">I'll kick it off with this little tidbit.</a> Looks like Inception cast really has been transferred to this, interested to see what Juno Temple's role may be, Harley Quinn perhaps? Seems to me like alot of large and famous characters might populate the movie, which could be tough to pull off. Personally Batman Begins was the most enjoyable character wise, purely because of it's focus on batman, with it's villains secondary. The second, while infinity enjoyable, felt like Batman/Bruce Wayne was under written and came off rather undervalued and bland, I'm talkin' about character not screen time.

Comments

• I heard that Temple's suppose to be another minor character relating to Selina Kyle. Having JGL back is brilliant I suppose, but then Nolan better have one heck of a story to make this work.
    Nolan anyhow has to have one heck of a story to follow up BB and TDK ;-) .
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 107
    Variety claims Joseph Gordon Levitt will be playing Alberto Falcone; a character from Jeph Loeb's The Long Halloween and son of Tom Wilkinson's character (Carmine Falcone) in Batman Begins.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    edited March 2011 Posts: 987
    Is it just me or does 'The Dark Knight Rises' sound awfully like 'Batman gets an errection'.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 5,767
    Well, Nolan´s stated before that he likes Bond films. So, as long as the focus is on Batman´s potency with the opposite gender and not on his nipples I have no problem with that ;-) .
    Quoting saunders: Is it just me or does 'The Dark Knight Rises' sound awfully like 'Batman gets an errection'.
    Considering that Anne Hathaway is Catwoman the title makes perfect sense.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Quoting JobeGDG:
    Variety claims Joseph Gordon Levitt will be playing
    Alberto Falcone; a character from Jeph Loeb's The Long Halloween and son
    of Tom Wilkinson's character (Carmine Falcone) in Batman Begins.
    It looks like they jumped the gun with that one.

No official press release did seem a little strange, though Gordon-Levitt is still confirmed to be in the film.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2011 Posts: 4,444
    Less dialogue. One more action scene or 135 minute movie. Keep the bike at home.
    Talking about home, i hope in the next one there going to be a moment it isn't his home any more. Whyle he knowns who Batman be there stil can write a scene where Gordon must do research to Batman his lair..

Batman isn't sick any more.

Keep Batman/Bruce in Gotham or made it succede, The Hong Kong scene whas a try to escape from the dialogue but not succede. This sub plot did nothing or atleast not yet.

Explain a litle bit more who Fox be. In the first movie he whas more a gadget men, but in TDK movie he stay a way from Batman a lot. I liked the scene with the trater.

Contuned: Alfred, Gordon. But give Alfred some of the humor of Batman Begins.

I liked it TDK have some Batman remembers, but i hope the sequel don't do this with Batman returns element. Never be a fan of Catwoman in returns. From the first 2 movies i think Batman Return darknis is something what not should be repeat. Also there should keep in mind, new villian originality of why Batman Begins work. The Joker and 2 face and now Catman Woman and possible The Ridler too i am afraid it can going to look like those be only chacters who there aloud to yuse.

Rutger Hauer closed the movie with a sign of his return for the 4th movie.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I wonder why they haven´t milked the idea of the in-between-quel. Tell the story that happened in between BB and TDK, or in between TDK and TDKR. I read something to the effect that the new Mad Max movies are going to be something like that, but I don´t know if that´s true, anyhow nobody knows what they´re going to do there with the shooting schedule delayed till fall or winter.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 1,894
    Gordon-Leavitt and Marion Cotillard have been confirmed as a part of the cast. Josh Pence (Tyler Winklevoss in THE SOCIAL NETWORK) has also signed on. I don't know how to do spoilers, so I'll just leave a big gap.

Gordon-Leavitt will not be playing Alberto Falcone. Instead, he'll be a new character: a beat cop named John Blake who gets promoted to a "special duty" under the direct command of Commissioner Gordon.

Likewise, Cotillard will not be playing Talia al Ghul. She's also taking on the role of a new character, a member of the Wayne Enterprises executive named Miranda Tate who tries to redirect Bruce Wayne's energies towards continuing his father's philanthropy.

As for Pence, he's been cast in the role of a young Ra's al Ghul, with all his scenes taking place thirty years before BATMAN BEGINS.

A lot of people seem to think that the news about Gordon-Leavitt and Cotillard is deliberate misdirection by Nolan. However, there's no real evidence of this; most of it seems to be born out of the desire to see Falcone and Talia in the film rather than anything substantial. And both their characters fit in with what we know about the story so far.

And Chicago won't actually be doubling for Gotham City for RISES. Instead, filming will be taking place for four to six weeks in Pittsburgh.
    It's all news this and great to see it's not just me that's interested in the end of the series.

Next year has some very good films coming out.
    Honestly, I was surprised to see no-one else had posted this stuff already ...
    It's because this place ain't what it used to be
    Quoting shadowonthesun:
    Honestly, I was surprised to see no-one else had posted this
    stuff already ...
    That's because we need more veterans like yourself back on here, Shadow! As @DarthBork said...
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Well it also is a James Bond web site, non-Bond threads won't necessarily gain as much attention.
    Rebooting Batman after Nolan's 3rd film really irks me. I hate the Spiderman reboot as well. Both are completely un-necessary.

The one thing I hope Nolan brings back in TDKR is the look of Gotham from BB. I missed having places like Wayne Manor and the Narrows to still give it a comic book feel even in a more realistic looking Gotham.
    Quoting Luds: Well it also is a James Bond web site, non-Bond threads won't necessarily gain as much attention.
    The way I remember it, the Batman thread was one of the most popular non-Bond film threads on the old forum.
    Quoting bondboy007: Rebooting Batman after Nolan's 3rd film really irks me. I hate the Spiderman reboot as well. Both are completely un-necessary.
    It's most likely getting a reboot because Nolan doesn't want other directors coming along as building on his Batverse with low-quality films. Can you imagine what might happen if there was a fourth film after RISES, only directed by Lee Tamahori, Brett Ratner, Zack Snyder or JJ Abrams? That what he (and possibly the studios) will want to avoid. Future Bat-films will likely be in the vein of the Nolan trilogy, and as close to them as possible - but they won't be a part of the canon.
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 9,771
    http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/forhashtagunaltered.jpg

first image of bane He looks really creepy I'm kinda sad this is the last Nolan Batman Film.
    I can't believe James Newton Howard isn't returning with Zimmer to complete the score for the trilogy. Any idea why?

As for Bane, he looks cool. Can't wait to see how it all ends.
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 161
    Where does it say Howard won't return?
    Where does it say Howard won't return?
    In WB's press release only Zimmer is listed.

The music will be composed by Oscar® winner Hans Zimmer (“The Lion King”).

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/warner-bros-legendary-start-shooting-the-dark-knight-rises-final-chapter-of-christopher-nolans-trilogy/
    "In WB's press release only Zimmer is listed.

The music will be composed by Oscar® winner Hans Zimmer (“The Lion King”).

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/warner-bros-legendary-start-shooting-the-dark-knight-rises-final-chapter-of-christopher-nolans-trilogy/"

I wouldn´t give too much about that right now. Zimmer is a bigger name in the soundtrack context. Many people refer to the previous two scores exclusively as Zimmer scores.
    It can of course be that Zimmer suggested another collaborator to Nolan. Zimmer´s recent scores for Pirates, Sherlock Holmes, and Inception all sported massive cooperation with other people, like the mad violinist on Holmes, or Johnny Marr, or Lorne Balfe, or the guitar duo for Pirates. It was always said that Zimmer and Newton-Howard worked basically on different parts, and maybe Zimmer has found another co-composer for those parts in this film.
    Or maybe Newton-Howard just hasn´t signed because he´s busy, or on some island in the sun.
    I hope it's true @boldfinger, that Howard just hasn't got around to signing on yet as I really feel he improves Zimmer's scores and takes what what normally suffice to a much higher level.
    Lets See......

1. Bond 23
    2. The Man Of Steel
    3. This

Give me an annual pass to my local (Cinema)
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 9,771
    I'm hearing rumors that the teaser will be released in July.

I'm hoping it's a bit more batman begins then the dark knight simply because of the 2 i preferred batman begins teaser

versus

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    With Harry Potter 7 opening tomorrow, I hope the Dark Knight Rises and Sherlock 2 teasers will be attached to it... so only 24 hours to go !!
    It's believed the teaser will be attached to DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2. As for A GAME OF SHADOWS, it's already available online.
  • There are a few sites around talking about the trailer description...wont post it as it is spoilers.....
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350

Music by Hans Zimmer. So no James Newton Howard after all. X(