The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Music by Hans Zimmer. So no James Newton Howard after all. X(
    copyright..it gone until Friday......
    And that's a bad thing? I was lucky enough to catch it before it was pulled and the quality was pretty poor. On Friday, we'll have a trailer with perfect quality.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Am I the only one really annoyed with Newton Howard not returning? What would this be?
    sorry Samuel i'm to impressed with how Bane looks to be bothered with the music.. at this point during the full trailer i'll care a lot more lol
    Am I the only one really annoyed with Newton Howard not returning? What would this be?
    I don't really care. It's not like I can sit through THE DARK KNIGHT and pick out who was responsible for which parts of the score. So it doesn't bother me in the slightest that Zimmer is the only person composing the score.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I don't suppose Zimmer is just going to take a completely new direction with the score either. When he took over from one of his pupils for Pirates 2, he kept the same trends. And why not? Ultimately all Zimmer and his posse ever do is recycle their music since The Rock. My major beef with Zimmer's s(c)ores is that he serves me the same predictable dish over and over again, simply calling it something else. No doubt there's a piece of software somewhere that produces 5-note themes on autopilot. One is then used for Transformers by Jablonski, one is used for Pirates by Badelt, one is used for ...

• edited July 2011 Posts: 1,894
    What was wrong with the key elements of THE DARK KNIGHT and INCEPTION? I haven't heard anything like the Joker's two-note theme before. And if you speed up the INCEPTION score, it's actually that Edith Pilaf song Cobb's team uses to warn themselves that they do not have long left in the dream. Again, very original because it parallels the themes of the film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,691
    Ugh I was mad that the teaser for "Dark Knight Rises" wasn't attached to HP 7 Part 2 !! I'm going to have a word with the projectionnist of of that showing tonight... Man what I shame... I wanted to see the teaser of TDKR !!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2011 Posts: 4,450
    After TDKR, Batman going to be remade again for 15 May 2015 release date in the Vs. After Spider-Man another franchise who going to restart after 3 movies. Boxoffice Money can't be the reasen, Spider-Man 3 deliever a lot money.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Yes M_Balje, Warner Brothers need a new Batman fast, as they want to do the mega-crossover "Justice League" soon.
    Ugh I was mad that the teaser for "Dark Knight Rises" wasn't attached to HP 7 Part 2 !! I'm going to have a word with the projectionnist of of that showing tonight... Man what I shame... I wanted to see the teaser of TDKR !!
    Where exactly are you, DC? While it's know that the TDKR trailer will be attached to HP7.5, that's only in America. The trailer will get a worldwide relase on Friday (USA time); it may be attached to HP7.5 around the world, but no-one will be allowed to show it before then. The bootleg trailer that was released was from an advance showing of HP7.5
    Ah, thanks for the explanation. I should have waited 2 more days and see HP 7 P2 on friday !!

Oh, it's not a thing of 'you will not be allowed' of show it, as in I play it illegally and either get away with it or get reprimended.... it's that you physically can't show it... When movies and trailers are getting released worldwide at a certain time and date, the video will be 'locked' - as in it won't start playing until it is 'unlocked' at a precise moment in time... Sometimes you do not know what you are playing - I remember HP 7 Part 1 labeled in a fake title... So when I programmed the projection, I didn't know until the movie actually started playing that is was Harry Potter... Sometimes it is even more complicated... Like recieving the movie in 8 different parts that aren't even in order... I remember Twilight : New Moon... it took a whole week to recieve the whole movie... I recieved reel #6, than reel #1, #7, #4, #2... Sometimes the final reel arives less than an hour before the first showing... I hardly had time to assemble the film... Thank god I didn't do mistakes while hurrying to not be late... Studios are getting much too preoccupied with secrecy regarding big blockbusters....
    Can you blame them? For one, they don't want the film being available online a week in advance. And secondly, they don't want to spoil anything. It's no accident that the TDKR trailer will be attached to HP7.5 given than they're both Warner Brothers' productions.
    Have you ever gotten a mail delivery saying 'You will receive it in 8 different package during the next 5 days... We can come at anytime during 8 am and 6 pm during those 5 days' ? You have no idea how annoying that is. When I worked at a small local cinema, which had showings only after 6 pm... Do you think I enjoy staying there doing nothing for 10 hours straight during 5 consecutive days waiting for a mail delivery ?
    I don't suppose Zimmer is just going to take a completely new direction with the score either. When he took over from one of his pupils for Pirates 2, he kept the same trends. And why not? Ultimately all Zimmer and his posse ever do is recycle their music since The Rock. My major beef with Zimmer's s(c)ores is that he serves me the same predictable dish over and over again, simply calling it something else. No doubt there's a piece of software somewhere that produces 5-note themes on autopilot. One is then used for Transformers by Jablonski, one is used for Pirates by Badelt, one is used for ...

To be fair, at least Inception and Sherlock Holmes were pretty avant-garde in the context of Zimmer´s oevre. In fact, Zimmer has pretty awsome ideas at times. The dream-like vibe of Inception, the Joker Theme from TDK, or the violin things on Sherlock Holmes for instance. And basically his approach of not caring wether to use an orchestra or computer sounds is rather intelligent. His execution of those approaches is many times not intelligent IMO, giving the orchestra one-dimensional chords to play, or using synth sounds that sound as if he had used the cheapest run-off-the-mill keyboard he could get, despite people saying he has the most sophisticated studio.
    And I doubt there´s a software for those themes. It´s easier to tell his guys which notes to use than to prepare a software. Zimmer would be an idiot not to use his formula over and over again as long as filmmakers pay him for it. He obviously isn´t interested in having a reputation as the best film composer ever, but in being the most frequently used and probably best paid composer in the world.
  • where can you find a proper version of the trailer? I cant find one unless I watch HPDH part 2?
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 1,894
    The trailer hasn't been released yet. The only ones online are bootleg copies. WB probably won't release it until after HP7.5's opening weekend to maximise takings at the box office. They're no doubt hoping Batman fans will do what STAR WARS fans did when the first trailer for EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM PLOT was released, and go to a film simply to see the trailer.

EDIT - here: the high-def trailer is coming on the 18th.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/181633/20110717/the-dark-knight-rises-trailer-official-high-definition-trailer-on-monday-july-18-harry-potter-and-th.htm
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    BB and TDK, 2 of the most over-rated and crappies movies of the 21st century!! j7wild **runs out** of the room!
    I've seen the previous 2. I Will seen this as well. But I saw & heard that this will be the last Bale Batman era. Christian Bale did great it change from his evil Villain role like The American Physic & racist in 2000 Shaft. This where Jeffrey Wright who revived Felix Liether as the mob villain People Mandaise. Where Christian Bale go from here?
    Don't cry (if you where crying) For batman Mk.V, Nolan is staying on in the same position as he is for superman Mk. III. But I would like to see robin done PROPERLY and I will as there's been a teen titans movie announced
    BB and TDK, 2 of the most over-rated and crappies movies of the 21st century!! j7wild **runs out** of the room!
    It's okay to make a bold statement, j7. Only, please explain why you feel that way!

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I saw both BB and TDK when they came on Sky Movies. After I saw both, my first thought was what was all the fuss about. I will probably see TDKR, when that too comes on Sky Movies. But I certainly won't be clearing my schedule for it.

I understand that they've been big hits, and the next one will no doubt be no different, but I just don't get what is so special about these Nolan/Bale ones. Oh, and did I mention that I really can't stand Bale, at all.
    MajorDSmythe - If you can't stand Bale, you only have 4 years to wait until "Untitled Batman Reboot" out on May 15th 2015. ;-)
    I also had problem with Bale, finding him so unexpressive, until I came to realize that it is of no importance in the films. What I like in the Nolan Batman films are how they succeed to make a film out of the comics which is really cinema and with a story which always surprises me.
    TDK succeeds to build a story with a lot of thoughtful ideas, great interactions between the characters, and great ideas of action moments.
    We are not in one of these many US movies where every action sequence looks like to any other. Here, Nolan brings an aesthetic (visual and auditive) which is not just about blowing everything up. It mix the plot and the feelings of the characters with the action. I felt the same pleasure in TDK as in the James Bond films : having a great story with original ideas for action sequences, playing with the characters, bringing new development that a hero we know has to confront with his way of doing.

It's definitely something else as the other movies where the hero's only challenge is to save the world from a threat which looks to any other, and will bring the same narrative.

Anyway, one can also look at it just like a simple action movie (which it is), or get interested in the aesthetic and see how a common super hero movie has been packed together in order to bring a little more originality and unity in the way it's told.

So I will wait TDKR with great expectations, and hope it will be as good as Inception and TDK.
    I must admit that my enthusiasm for Nolan´s Batflics has somewhat diminished over the years, but that´s merely because basically I don´t like all those costumes. I´m no fan of comics, and as much as Nolan´s films are going for an approach based in ´real life´ they´re still visibly comic book adaptions. So I can´t really blame Nolan in that respect.
    Nolan actually managed the impossible: He had me believe for years that it makes sense to wear a bat suit. And I will no doubt go and see TDKR too, and not out of completism.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited July 2011 Posts: 823
    Trailer is online : http://www.movies.com/movie-news/the-dark-knight-rises-trailer/3613?wssac=164&wssaffid=news
    to download it, click on the DIRECT DOWNLOAD button found on this page

http://www.multiupload.com/49XDZLK5A2

crappy teaser trailer, take a bunch of the scenes from the first 2 movies, edit them together, add 30 seconds of uninteresting new stuff and try to pass it for a teaser trailer?

it looks more like something a person could had made on YouTube!

Nolan, you sucks!!

Nolan, you sucks!!
    @j7wild, first of all you can't judge a director based on the teaser trailer for his film. It's possible he isn't even involved in the making of said trailer. Furthermore, it's a teaser trailer, not the big one yet. Therefore it's perfectly legitimate to grab shots from previous films and blend them together. A lot of films are known to do that. Don't worry, the 'real' thing is coming and it'll bring 100 % fresh material. Also, there's no exact science behind trailers. For all I care if they show the title of the film and nothing else, that's enough of a trailer if you want it to be. Hitchcock personally presented his films in many of his trailers but didn't necessarily show a single shot of it either. Really, what little a filmmaker is willing to offer is enough to "pass for a teaser trailer". Remember also that this film is still being made. Therefore you can't expect a lot of material to be released just yet. Seriously, some of the best teasers out there show very little footage of the actual film. The Shining for example. A single set with gallons of blood pouring in. Yet that trailer says it all.

And please stop reacting like a five year old! What's with that last line? Trying to be in vogue are we? Criticising a man who happens to make such great films that annoying naysayers need to resort to such ridiculous statements as "his filmmaking is too cold, too intelligent, too mathematical...". Well, at least they avoid the unwanted insults. Very few people are allowed to tell Nolan he sucks. And since you're not Steven Spielberg, Stanley Kubrick or James Whale, you're not one of them.

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited July 2011 Posts: 823

@j7wild, first of all you can't judge a director based on the teaser trailer for his film.

yes I can, considering his past record with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, I can.

Very few people are allowed to tell Nolan he sucks.

yes I can, I am the person who pays $ to see his movies and along with million of other people in the USA and around the world, WE ARE the one who put food on his table.

what would happen if he spent $250-$300 million to make a movie and not one person goes to see it or rents it and buy it on DVD?

we are the ones he needs to be listening to, not those critics - many of them are paid by the studios to say good things!!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 14,886
    Yes but many of us are saying good things about his movies.
    And rightly so imo. He's a good storyteller, and a good director. I look forward to TDKR, but wont base my opinion of a film solely on the reaction to a teaser trailer.
    It's the same as those fools who made up their minds about Craig, simply from his casting.
    Wait for the movie to make your mind up. It's the grown up thing to do...so I'm told.