Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I don't see what the problem is. Peach bakes the cake, Mario makes the pizza. :))
    f1ntKbBl.jpg
  • These people think that Super Mario Run is sexist;
    https://mic.com/articles/162436/super-mario-run-playable-characters-peach-deserves-better-than-this#.uN6xt9FqL

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

tumblr_inline_mhpijvfUXx1qz4rgp.gif

People will truly complain about ANYTHING. I'm not even surprised anymore!
    You've heard of 'Rule 34'? Well there should be a new one.

Rule 00: If something exists, someone will complain.

That game is fun too! It's a great time killer for when you're at the Dr's office, waiting in line, etc.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    These people are beyond all logic.

At first I thought $10 was too much for this game, but now that I know it annoys the PC people, it's completely worth it.
    Few things aggravate me more than the PC police. Trying to ruin fun and be obnoxious as much as they can at every corner.
  • 'Mario I baked a cake!'

69188444.jpg
    That red head makes me think of Pennywise. @-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Jesus Christ. One complainer was actually offended that Bowser wanted to steal the cake more than the supple princess. That's more screwed up than any bullshite being reported there.

It's people like this that brought about the "feminism vs. cancer" meme. They'll focus on a trivial game to complain about at random while real women are facing serious disparities worldwide. I'm sure they think, in their infinite wisdom, that men should pay all of the dinner bill during a night out as well.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Louis Armstrong would definitely change his mind once seeing whatever's taking place in this century. No longer a wonderful world...
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Anyone played Battlefield 1 (the WW1 game)? I would love it, but can't justify splashing out for a PS4. Currently playing LEGO Harry Potter, bought it for my kids but it's so much fun started playing it myself!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @Lancaster007, I've never been a shooter person, but Battlefield 1 (from what I've seen) is one of the more interesting additions to the genre. The game seems to value both gameplay and story, a rarer mix than you'd think, and looks to be extremely immersive to play. You feel the explosions around you, the concussive booms, the shattering of rock and whizzing of bullets.

As for the Lego games, there's something inherently satisfying about smashing blocks and collecting coins. I don't know what it is, but it works. I spent my early gaming days with a bunch of those games, from the Star Wars and Indy ones to Batman, smashing everything in sight, collecting all the max coins I could. I think the games engaged the OCD I have when it comes to certain things, a completionist's mindset.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    @0Brady, the LEGO games just remind me of when I started playing video games (a very long time ago) when they were FUN and not so difficult you could never finish them! I also have LEGO Indiana Jones on the PSP.
    Almost about to beat Batman telltale and I am pretty close to being half way missions 2 3 and 4 on the original doom (which honestly isn't as hard as no rest for the living which I would argue is the hardest map set in Doom period)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Lancaster007, sadly, 'Battlefield 1' is probably my least favorite entry in the series in the last five years. Something about the multiplayer just doesn't work for me - graphics are insane, though! Give it a shot one day if you ever get the chance, but it's absolutely not worth getting a brand new console for.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Almost half a year later, I stumbled across Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation on my new iPhone and wanted to re-experience it, considering the fact that it's developed by Glu Mobile, the people who brought us the dreadful James Bond: World of Espionage.

What baffles me is that, the game may be generic and as such is a Contract Killer ripoff and all, but it's visually stunning and there's a storyline there ongoing. How can Glu Mobile give the Bond fans a piece of trash and get away with it while providing a lesser expensive IP with a better game? You take on the role of an ex-IMF agent now working for the CIA (as happened in the movie to all IMF personnel) called Trent Kane who is set to hunt none other than Ethan Hunt himself who is on the loose. While the trails lead Kane to rediscover what Hunt had been uncovering throughout the events of the film, Kane has to infiltrate subsidiary crime rings of The Syndicate and take them down one by one.

Now, it doesn't look like I'm going to finish it, because the constant lead up to purchase new weapons and have it make the game easier for you puts me off. But, overall, it's a game way better than all the Bond games on mobile will ever be or crave for.

jiv09go.png
    4JW993X.png
    8Z3Dr7H.png
    CivhYJl.png

See for yourself.
    Was gifted an Xbox One S for my birthday/Christmas present this year, so I've been playing videogames for the first time in a really long while, over this holiday break. Went out and got myself Fallout 4, Batman: Arkham Knight, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Metal Gear Solid V to go along with it.

It's amazing the graphical difference between this generation and the last. I hadn't looked at my Xbox 360 in probably 5-6 months and was surprised at just how good these new games look.
  • @dalton Rise of the Tomb Raider is a great game, visually stunning I could not put it down until I completed it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    A friend got me The Walking Dead Season Two for Christmas, so I've been enjoying that. Also, many Star Wars games.
    Trying to finish up Doom (the original ) on ultra violence before the new year but also I would love to finish Carte Blanche and Trigger Mortis before the new year lol
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    This person dumped the files from Goldeneye Wii and apparently discovered some odd hidden videos;
    This person dumped the files from Goldeneye Wii and apparently discovered some odd hidden videos;

Nice behind the scenes shots of how they created Dan's character model. I wonder why they also did a 3D scan of his stunt double?
    Maybe they made him a random enemy?
    Finished Batman telltale series season 1.

Up next finishing doom on ultra violence. I am almost done too 3 maps in episode 4 and 2 in episode 2
    @Risico007, how was Batman? Would I and others like it, who pray at the altar of the Arkham games? The weak gameplay aspect of it kind of kills my interest, I hate to say, unless there's hope for it.
    The ability to control the story makes it worth it for me is it perfect no the addition of joker in episode 4 annoys me hell everything about episode 4 annoys me but the rest was awesome
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Telltale games are made not for the gameplay, but the story. Story is what they do best, story is what they should be played for. The gameplay is simple and very immersive because you truly make the choice. Does the story radically change if you make different choices? Based on The Walking Dead, no. But Telltale games should never be played for the gameplay, they should be played for the story.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    The ability to control the story makes it worth it for me is it perfect no the addition of joker in episode 4 annoys me hell everything about episode 4 annoys me but the rest was awesome

Ugh. It wouldn't be a Batman game if Joker wasn't in it, would it, @Risico007? I feel your pain.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 9,770
    Again I find this to be more true post the dark knight because before the dark knight we had several games where the joker wasn't there ... none that were particularly amazing (save for Batman begins) but seriously Look at the list of games

List of games without the joker
    Batman returns
    Batman forever
    Batman and robin
    Batman Dark Tomorrow
    Batman Begins
    Batman Rise of Tzin Sue (never beat the game sadly)

Now let's look post the dark knight
    Every game except I think the dark knight rises....

I honestly fear two things

1. The reason The Batman is having issues is because WB wants the joker on the film but Affleck doesn't

2. If they make a video game based on Affleck's Batman no matter what joker will be in it even if he isn't in the film see above...

I just am shocked by this as the dark knight rises made more then the dark knight so in theory shouldn't WB also be pushing Bane down our collective throats... oh wait that is why he showed up in origins isn't it...

And what does it take for Carmine falcone to have an action figure I mean jeez he is in Batman Begins, telltale batman and Gotham...

I am also hopeful for a KGbeast action figure post Batman v superman but we will see
    Murdock wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem is. Peach bakes the cake, Mario makes the pizza. :))
    f1ntKbBl.jpg

That's both chauvinist and racist.
  • Right, cause he's Italian he has to bring pizza?? TRIGGERED

:D
    Right, cause he's Italian he has to bring pizza?? TRIGGERED

:D

You being triggered has triggered me. TRIGGERED.