Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

Den playing the Bourne conspiracy yes I miss espionage games so much that I am playing a game from 08 to scratch that itch and honestly if you play it on mute considering how the character model looks more like the generic bond of the 2000's then Jason Bourne with a bit of imagination ....
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @Risico007, it may have been released in '09, but still feels like it came yesterday.
    Shrugs the game play is ok also almost done with episode 4 of Batman telltale talk about a reverse in story telling after the brilliant episodes 1-3 4 is bad like really bad.
    Despite the many issues I have with The Bourne Conspiracy, now looking back at it, I love it as a nostalgic experience.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Bourne Conspiracy is solid. Bad controls in the shooting and an even worse camera annoy, but everything else is great, and I find myself returning to my PS3 to play the epic little missions every now and again to get a thrill.
    The issue is espionage games have fallen out of favor sure many will point to the early 2000's as the high point but there were a lot of great games from 08-13 that scratched that itch specifically

Quantum of Solace
    The Bourne Conspiracy
    Splinter Cell Conviction
    Alpha Protocol
    Goldeneye
    Bloodstone
    Hitman Absolution
    007 Legends(which while its a poor game still say better then nothing)
    And
    splinter cell blacklist

But now what do we honestly have? Sigh...
    @Risico007, despite being buggy and all, try Alekhine's Gun, as well.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Rockstar still seem to have Agent, a Cold War-set spy game in development, but it's been years since anything was heard about it.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Brady, I heard it was still in development as earlier this year Rockstar renewed its trademark... Again.
    Brady, I heard it was still in development as earlier this year Rockstar renewed its trademark... Again.

Yes, the trademark renewal was the last thing I'd heard about it. I just have a bad feeling that it'll be after even GTA 6 (whenever that comes out/likely 2018 or 2019) that we get an idea of what it's about, much less a release.

Yes, the trademark renewal was the last thing I'd heard about it. I just have a bad feeling that it'll be after even GTA 6 (whenever that comes out/likely 2018 or 2019) that we get an idea of what it's about, much less a release.
    Its graphic artist had posted a few of the concept artworks commissioned for the game sometime ago and claimed most of the crew left the project temporarily to work on the "latest GTA game" (don't know if it's GTA V or a future one), but Rockstar later took down those artworks. Well, I could gather from it that the project is still in development since Rockstar doesn't want it out displaying in the open.
    @Risico007, despite being buggy and all, try Alekhine's Gun, as well.

Forgot about that ... if I get an Xbox 1 soon enough I will pick that up

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    The issue is espionage games have fallen out of favor sure many will point to the early 2000's as the high point but there were a lot of great games from 08-13 that scratched that itch specifically

Quantum of Solace
    The Bourne Conspiracy
    Splinter Cell Conviction
    Alpha Protocol
    Goldeneye
    Bloodstone
    Hitman Absolution
    007 Legends(which while its a poor game still say better then nothing)
    And
    splinter cell blacklist

But now what do we honestly have? Sigh...

I don't think all of those qualify as espionage/stealth games. I'd rule out Hitman Absolution, for starters. While it was a superb game to look at, the gameplay was not what is expected from a Hitman game. If Hitman: Blood Money was a Hitman simulation, then Absolution was a Hitman arcade game. There was no finesse, Hitman: Absolution was a Hitman game for Call Of Duty fans.
    So I am stuck in essentially a corner in Doom 2 no rest for the living map 6 inferno on ultra violence essentially I have three options

1. Hope I can jump and run past all the monsters that have shown up
    2. Die and replay the level and try and beat it from pistol start
    3. Replay all of no rest for the living and try and have better health and ammo by mission 6

Thoughts on how I should proceed
    So I am stuck in essentially a corner in Doom 2 no rest for the living map 6 inferno on ultra violence essentially I have three options

3. Replay all of no rest for the living and try and have better health and ammo by mission 6

4. Cry and plead for mercy.
    lol so your thinking pistol start Brady?
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    There was a link in another discussion on the forum which mentioned the release of a 'classic Bond film' game (not quoting on the title here and I can't remember the discussion in which the link appeared) which said it featured elements from the various Bond films. The Screenshot showed Tracy from OHMSS standing by a skimobile.

Does anyone know what this game was or if it was ever released?
    lol so your thinking pistol start Brady?

@Risico007, I don't know the game enough to give any real advice, but from what you've described you're clearly up against it and in for some stone-cold hell. I wish you luck with facing what may be dozens upon dozens of "Game Over" screens.
    Yeah I think I am going to try to pistol start it and see how far I get it might be easier as there is an archvile who has resurrected nearly everyone so yeah
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 13,894
    stag wrote: »
    There was a link in another discussion on the forum which mentioned the release of a 'classic Bond film' game (not quoting on the title here and I can't remember the discussion in which the link appeared) which said it featured elements from the various Bond films. The Screenshot showed Tracy from OHMSS standing by a skimobile.

Sounds like 007 Legends:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/007_Legends
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

4. Cry and plead for mercy.

5. Dump the wad file into GZDoom and cheat.

Sounds like 007 Legends:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/007_Legends

That's the one! Thanks.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    @stag If you're interested in classic style Bond games, you might want to check out From Russia with Love, featuring new voice-over work by Sean Connery; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_007:_From_Russia_with_Love.
    @BMW_with_missiles, thanks for that. I have an xbox 360 sitting dormant so am interested in having a go with Bond related games.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    @BMW_with_missiles, thanks for that. I have an xbox 360 sitting dormant so am interested in having a go with Bond related games.

@stag You're welcome! Just a heads up, FRWL came out for the original Xbox and is not one of the games for which the 360 is backwards compatible. Its gameplay on a 360 can be described as glitchy at best;

Unfortunately, the golden age of Bond games (Agent Under Fire through FRWL) was on the previous generation of consoles. However, I can recommend 007 Bloodstone for your 360. It was one of the best.
    So in case anyone was wondering I decided to play doom 2 no rest for the living map 6 inferno of blood at pistol start and I have gotten further then I did when I had everything from map 5 but honestly it's still a tough map but hey both arch viles are dead so that is already winning
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    No Rest for the Living is just a difficult group of maps in general. I've still never beaten it on my copy of the Doom 3 BFG Edition, and have only beaten a wad I downloaded years ago that I can play with cheats.
    Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut (PS3)
    If you can look past the sub-standard graphics, you'll find a unique (very bizarre) game.

L.A. Noire: Collectors Edition (PS3)
    As I discovered the RKO Theatre, I wondered if they had any Bob Mitchum films showing. RKO and in 1947, they could be showing Crossfire or Out Of The Past.
    @MajorDSmythe, I feel like I saw The Big Sleep on the theater marquee while driving around once in L.A. Noire, but don't remember seeing anything from Mitch. Could be there, though.
    I would have thought that Rock* would have littered the game world with film noir references such as movie posters.