Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    You guys get TRIGGERED easily. Mario also likes French fries. Here he is having some with Sonic. :))

TZXRc36l.jpg
    Ok I now beat Doom on ultraviolence difficulty so my fellow gamers do I beat doom 3 now (as well as the two add on mission lost mission and Rise of evil) on veteran difficulty (essentially ultraviolence) or do I simply stay happy with my accomplishments thus far and move on to finishing Bourne conspiracy or replaying force unleashed
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Doom 3 is a very different game to the rest of the games in the series. It's more of a survival horror mirroring some of the events from the first Half-Life video game.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Which isn't a bad thing, if you like Half-Life (and I do), but so many people expected Doom 1 and 2 with better graphics, which wasn't what it was trying to do. Doom 2016 did, though.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I love Half-Life deeply.
    Oh I know I beat it on like the easiest difficulty when it first came out on pc but never played it on 360 so....
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Aside from where the flashlight is, it's exactly the same.
    True but I might just want to do doom 3 and the two add ons just to say I did it.
    The Lost Mission is good.
    Titanfall missed this game when it was first released, good fun will definitely purchase the second game.
    Anyone else tuning in to the big Nintendo conference later? I will be. I plan on pre-ordering a Nintendo Switch as soon as I can.
  • @FoxRox I'm following the Switch with great interest!

Is anyone else excited for Resident Evil VII? If you have Amazon Prime you can get it at s discount right now, I preordered it last night for $47!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I finally got around to buying the "Crew Expendable" DLC for Alien: Isolation. It's really good, but I keep getting killed in the vents right now. It's nice to have DLC for a game that actually adds to it, and is reasonably priced ($4). After this, it's on to the "Last Survivor" DLC.

I also just bought I am Bread. If I hadn't been given a gift card, I wouldn't have bought it. Since it didn't cost me anything, I guess it's OK, but I don't see much replay value in it. In fact, I'm not sure I'll even bother to finish story mode.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @BMW_with_missiles, there are some games that come out that just get me thinking, "Why the hell does this exist?"

There's a whole niche of the industry now full of games where you do very elementary, every day things, but virtually, and for the life of me I can't understand it and/or how they do so well. I play games to get away from the ordinary, not play the ordinary I am already a prisoner of.
    @BMW_with_missiles, there are some games that come out that just get me thinking, "Why the hell does this exist?"

There's a whole niche of the industry now full of games where you do very elementary, every day things, but virtually, and for the life of me I can't understand it and/or how they do so well. I play games to get away from the ordinary, not play the ordinary I am already a prisoner of.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I agree. Job Simulator and American Truck Simulator come to mind. I am Bread at least has the virtue of being a 3D platformer, but the controls are tedious, and that is actually by design. That seems to be another strange niche market; games with intentionally frustrating controls like I am Bread, Surgeon Simulator, and Octodad. I think the only reason these games have any success is because of the hype they get from YouTube. Show a few YouTube personalities getting angry/goofing around with a game and it will be an overnight success.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 16,332
    Speaking of platformers, the original king of platforming is back in style! :D
    Murdock wrote: »

I saw that. It looks pretty good! I'm not sure how I feel about Mario in a realistic world though.

I'm also beyond disappointed to see that the Switch will have paid online multiplayer. Even Nintendo has fallen to this nickle-and-dime stuff that the other consoles started. That's why I have a PC upgrade planned in the near future.

I'm still not sure if I'll buy the Switch. So far Mario Odyssey is the only game that even remotely grabs my interest. Then again, I bought my Wii U essentially for Mario Maker alone. I guess I'll wait and see.
    Murdock wrote: »

I saw that. It looks pretty good! I'm not sure how I feel about Mario in a realistic world though.

I'm also beyond disappointed to see that the Switch will have paid online multiplayer. Even Nintendo has fallen to this nickle-and-dime stuff that the other consoles started. That's why I have a PC upgrade planned in the near future.

I'm still not sure if I'll buy the Switch. So far Mario Odyssey is the only game that even remotely grabs my interest. Then again, I bought my Wii U essentially for Mario Maker alone. I guess I'll wait and see.

I'm honestly excited about Mario in a realistic setting. It's experimental and something we haven't really seen since Mario Sunshine which had an Island themed city with Isle Delfino. I'm excited about it by far. Lately Mario's become a little too generic and safe for my tastes but after seeing this trailer I was blown away. The paid online stuff makes me mad too. Same with the Paid DLC for some of their games. Luckily the Switch era seems to be fixing that to a Degree. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch will come included with all the DLC you had to buy if you had the Wii U version. Thankfully I skipped it so I can buy it without having to go that route. I hope Smash Bros gets the same treatment. It won't be a day one buy for me but the Switch and Mario Odyssey have me excited for sure. I'm getting some N64/Gamecube era vibes from it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I agree. Job Simulator and American Truck Simulator come to mind. I am Bread at least has the virtue of being a 3D platformer, but the controls are tedious, and that is actually by design. That seems to be another strange niche market; games with intentionally frustrating controls like I am Bread, Surgeon Simulator, and Octodad. I think the only reason these games have any success is because of the hype they get from YouTube. Show a few YouTube personalities getting angry/goofing around with a game and it will be an overnight success.

@BMW_with_missiles, you're right about the bad controls aspect and possible niche market. I know I've at least seen videos of the Surgeon Simulator being played and I was trying to decide if the person I was watching was really bad at the game or if the game was just programmed to be that ridiculously controlled. It seems impossible to keep a grip on anything in that game! The video I watched must have been a DLC of some kind, as Trump was on the operating table and you had to replace his heart.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 3,000
    Well, I finished both the "Crew Expendable" and "Last Survivor" DLC for Alien: Isolation. Both were fantastic and well made, but a little too short. Neither of them were anywhere near as difficult as the main campaign, although the end of "Last Survivor" was satisfyingly nail biting.

I also finished I am Bread story mode. The game has a strange sense of humor around it, which can be a bit charming, but I would still feel a little ripped off if I hadn't bought it with a gift card. Thirteen dollars is too much for a very short game with no replay value. I might have been ok with $5.

Next I'll be getting back to my first play-through of Aliens: Colonial Marines which I started a few weeks back. While I understand why people criticize this game for its lame story, the gameplay is actually pretty good. I've found myself really enjoying the game so far, and I don't get why the it's so hated.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @BMW_with_missiles, I think all I got to play was the base game for 'Alien: Isolation,' but wow, I had a lot of fun. The design of the ship/environment was incredible, and the way they engineered the AI of the Xenomorph was brilliant and made for a real unique playthrough every time you fired up the game.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @BMW_with_missiles, I think all I got to play was the base game for 'Alien: Isolation,' but wow, I had a lot of fun. The design of the ship/environment was incredible, and the way they engineered the AI of the Xenomorph was brilliant and made for a real unique playthrough every time you fired up the game.

@Creasy47 I agree. The game is amazing and is honestly one of the best I've ever played. It's nice to see a licensed game where you can tell that the devs genuinely cared about the franchise they were working with. The Crew Expendable and Last Survivor DLC are well worth the $8 they cost. It's really neat to be able to play through the final events of Alien.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If you're attempting to get through as much content with as much replayability as you can, try and fire up a new playthrough while going for all of the Achievements/Trophies for the game, particularly the one for the hardest difficulty and/or completing it without being killed by the Xenomorph. Challenging as hell.
    Off camera secrets of Goldeneye N64;

I didn't know they actually modeled a metal plate at the bottom of the dam for Bond to cut through, just like in the PTS.
    This ancient website had tons of cool GoldenEye 64 information.
    http://goldeneye007.detstar.com/
    @Murdock That site is really interesting. Thanks for the link!
    My pleasure. :)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited January 2017 Posts: 1,182
    Very interesting stuff, @BMW_with_missiles and @Murdock. A couple of days ago I started playing GE64 again myself. What an amazing game it is!
  • Guys if you're a fan of horror, pick up Resident Evil VII.
    I've been playing it in the dark basement and it's TERRIFYING.
    Resident Evil 7

Been playing for about for 8 hours and I can say it's much better than the last two numbered titles. Like Revelations/Revelations 2, it's rooted in horror and exploration and as such makes it a sweet experience. Can't wait to unravel the whole plot.

But it is not as scary and adrenaline rising as Alien Isolation. Outside of the boss battles you can just run and hide wether the Bakers see you or you hear them. Unlike in Alien, where you're dead meat if the thing sees you. Also knife kills on certain enemies are easy.