No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Why are we talking about the title song when it is the very last thing to be produced?

Exactly. I would not trust any rumor this early.
    Next thing we'll hear is that David Guetta is doing the score. Seriously. :))

Be careful what you wish for...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5866477/David-Guetta-to-score-new-James-Bond-film.html
    Wow, I didn't know I was a wizard.

Next thing: Jared Leto is replacing Waltz as Blofeld.

Lets see if im a wizard too

John cena will play the bond girl. Im calling it right now. Now one else call it. This is my prediciton. No one else is allowed to call this.
    Why are we talking about the title song when it is the very last thing to be produced?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5866477/David-Guetta-to-score-new-James-Bond-film.html

John cena will play the bond girl. Im calling it right now. Now one else call it. This is my prediciton. No one else is allowed to call this.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 2,730

John cena will play the bond girl. Im calling it right now. No one else call it. This is my prediciton. No one else is allowed to call this.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    Seems like Demange likes to work with cinematographer Tat Radcliffe (both 71' and in soon-to-premiere 'White Boy Rick'), who have shot all his full length movies using Arri Alexa.
    no one seems at all bothered by Demange's shaky-cam-style approach of direction, reminiscent of Marc Forster and Greengrass.
    Demange has made two full length movies so far - one still in postprduction - and both Greengrass and Forster have made several movies that weren't shaky cam mayhem.
    I was also referring to Demange's TV work in my assessment, which all have an overuse of handheld camera techniques. It's not just solely based on his 71 movie. Please tell me that you've checked out all his other work before submitting your knee-jerk comment?
    No, I haven't checked out his work in some of the episodes from Top Boy, Dead Set etc. So this disqualifies me for having an opinion?
    Would you also care to name the several Greengrass movies that didn't use shaky-cam, as I'm at a bit of a loss myself? If memory serves me right, United 93, Captain Philips, Green Zone, plus all the Bournes all used shaky-cam
    Are you honestly comparing the shaky cam mayhem from QoS and Bourne to United 93 and Captain Philips where it was used sparringly?
    . I'll admit Marc Foster is perhaps less deserving of being labeled a "shaky-cam" extraordinaire, but his one-time Bond effort did embrace those particular techniques for which he is remembered, whether rightly or wrongly, by the majority of fans here.
    World War Z and The Kite Runner weren't shaky-cam movies.
    No, of course you're entitled to an opinion, but the way you posted it didn't clarify or adhere to any overall analysis. Now that I, along with the rest, know that you're judgement is based solely on one movie, it puts your comment into better perspective.

Also, doesn't matter whether I'm comparing United 93 (plenty of shaky-cam) along with Greengrass's other work to Bourne or not; they still feature an abundance of handheld camera techniques. The point is: I personally don't like to see any shaky-cam or handheld techniques in a movie, especially a Bond movie. If it's your perception that the technique was only used sparingly in those movies, then that's your perception, not mine. Maybe you simply have a wobbly head on your shoulders and see it as natural? (Only kidding, there).

I agree that the camera was more stable in WWZ, but there were still handheld techniques that featured in the movie. And this is where I must clarify: It's the modern go-to, and overindulgence in "handheld" that I'm mostly referring to here, not just shaky-cam. I think the technique gained popularity with Saving Private Ryan and, subsequently, has been adopted by a certain clique of directors to add some kind of realism to their film. I just find it phony. It worked for Spielberg, but even he saw the sense in not overusing it in every movie he made afterwards. So far, Damange has used handheld in every production that he's made. That's the only point I was trying to make.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Oh I believe you.

Adam Sandler will be cast as Felix Leiter, too.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    doubleoego wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    I still find it hard to swallow that Demange will be the choice. He simply doesn't have the experience handling a film/production of this size and magnitude. And this isn't just James Bond; it's DC's last James Bond.

Huh? And Mendes did? Look, these days what REALLY matters most is the vision and skill/talent. So many directors who fit the criteria of having experience with big blockbusters and successful ones at that have dropped the ball considerably in recent years. There's more than enough proof out there that, regardless of experience if you have a skilled director with a great vision and producers who actually do their jobs you get a great result. It's that simple.

Yes, he did: Jarhead. And the comparison wouldn't be to Mendes, anyway; the comparison would be to Villeneuve who is far more experienced in handling a production like this.

I am not trying to say that Demange can't do it, but it's a big gamble.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Texan Adam Sandler. Finally.
    Texan Adam Sandler. Finally.
    Hey. You don't mess with Zooowww-haaaayyyn.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 3,168
    Seems like Demange likes to work with cinematographer Tat Radcliffe (both 71' and in soon-to-premiere 'White Boy Rick'), who have shot all his full length movies using Arri Alexa.
    no one seems at all bothered by Demange's shaky-cam-style approach of direction, reminiscent of Marc Forster and Greengrass.
    Demange has made two full length movies so far - one still in postprduction - and both Greengrass and Forster have made several movies that weren't shaky cam mayhem.
    I was also referring to Demange's TV work in my assessment, which all have an overuse of handheld camera techniques. It's not just solely based on his 71 movie. Please tell me that you've checked out all his other work before submitting your knee-jerk comment?
    No, I haven't checked out his work in some of the episodes from Top Boy, Dead Set etc. So this disqualifies me for having an opinion?
    Would you also care to name the several Greengrass movies that didn't use shaky-cam, as I'm at a bit of a loss myself? If memory serves me right, United 93, Captain Philips, Green Zone, plus all the Bournes all used shaky-cam
    Are you honestly comparing the shaky cam mayhem from QoS and Bourne to United 93 and Captain Philips where it was used sparringly?
    . I'll admit Marc Foster is perhaps less deserving of being labeled a "shaky-cam" extraordinaire, but his one-time Bond effort did embrace those particular techniques for which he is remembered, whether rightly or wrongly, by the majority of fans here.
    World War Z and The Kite Runner weren't shaky-cam movies.
    No, of course you're entitled to an opinion, but the way you posted it didn't clarify or adhere to any overall analysis. Now that I, along with the rest, know that you're judgement is based solely on one movie, it puts your comment into better perspective.
    He has only made two full length movies, and the second isn't even out yet. You do know that, don't you?
    The point is: I personally don't like to see any shaky-cam or handheld techniques in a movie, especially a Bond movie. If it's your perception that the technique was only used sparingly in those movies, then that's your perception, not mine.
    I don't mind steadycam. As long as it's steady and not all over the place. In fact the tracking shot from SP (which I guess most Bond fans love), can be seen as one long continuous steadycam shot. Guess Bautista liked it so much, that he made a movie (executive producer) which looks like one long steadycam and tracking shot, where you don't notice the cuts, like in SP:

I think the technique was first used in 'Birdman', but I may be wrong:
    I agree, I too don't mind steadycam either, as it's steady. It's the unsteady handheld technique that simulates a motion captured as if it's on an iPhone that grates with me: tilted angles, quick and jarring movements of the camera that are hard to keep up with. It's bloody infuriating.

No, you're quite right, I haven't seen Damenge's second feature, but it doesn't take much of a rocket scientist to deduce that if Damange's preferred shooting method has been handheld up until now, then it's highly unlikely that his next movie will be any different. If it is, and I'm wrong, then I'll retract my concerns, but as it stands, his entire body of work currently utilizes the technique that I'm not, personally, in favor of in a Bond movie.
    "Quality discussion"
    giphy.gif

I'm the "author" of all your pain

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Pre-production starts in May? We should get some news between now and then.
    Pre-production starts in May? We should get some news between now and then.
    We didn't get much of a news during the pre-production diary of Spectre, and received very little (but more) on the Skyfall front.

I do remember getting an article posted on the MI6-HQ.com (been an avid follower of the news page for over ten years, now. How time flies.) when Quantum of Solace was in pre-production, however. There were loads of Pre-Production Diary articles.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    The news about filming B25 in May 2018, and Beyonce singing, are equally stupid. At least our very own Mi6 HQ is telling it like it is:

Somewhat incredibly, the paper claimed they got a 'senior executive at Hollywood studio MGM, which distributes every 007 movie' to talk about this rumour: "Daniel Craig’s decision this month to return as Bond has thrown everything into overdrive. It’s very likely that shooting for Bond 25 will begin at the end of this year or early next year. To tie-up, a deal with Beyoncé for a theme song for Daniel’s fifth appearance as 007 would really be the icing on the cake."

Of course, that quote is not from a real MGM executive, as they would know that shooting is not going to start for at least a year on Bond 25 as the release is not until November 2019. But nobody will call out the Daily Star for lying.

The Sun has already done their usual copy-and-paste job on this story. Expect to see this Beyonce fake news rattle around the tabloid echo chamber for a couple of days.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/tabloid-trash-update-beyonce-rumoured-for-bond-25-title-song-170828

Title song above all else (script, direction, cinematography, acting, etc). But, of course, before filming the song is vital to have around.

Journalist Logic.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    From the Daily Star:

"Daniel Craig’s decision this month to return as Bond has thrown everything into overdrive. It’s very likely that shooting for Bond 25 will begin at the end of this year or early next year. ......"

The first mistake is Craig apparently made his decision a few months ago, unless he indeed did surprise everyone on Colbert.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The rumor is that pre-production is commencing in May. Not filming. From my understanding that was an assumption by the fans.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If that's true this won't be a short film. They are going all in.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Sad news from my perspective. It looks like the tight constricted look is here to stay for at least one more film:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/fashion-beauty/daniel-craig-masterminds-james-bonds-wardrobe-36073709.html

"I went to Tom Ford and they did exactly what I wanted. I think it’s very good for Bond because you see him moving. When he was running you could see the muscles under the trousers."
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm hoping it's Lindy Hemming again, personally. Louise Frogley would be fantastic as well.
    How do you reach that conclusion? They spent 3 months shooting the PTS of SF, which amount to around 15 minutes of the movie. And they spent the same amount of time shooting half of the movie (70 minutes).
    If this movie is not 2 parts then I expect Bond 25 to be close to a 3 hour movie.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,619
    shooting is not going to start for at least a year on Bond 25[/u] as the release is not until November 2019. But nobody will call out the Daily Star for lying.
    So MI6-HQ confirms that filming won't begin in May 2018. This means they are NOT filming two movies as one long production. I wonder what @QuantumOrganization thinks about this development.
    jake24 wrote: »
    The rumor is that pre-production is commencing in May. Not filming. From my understanding that was an assumption by the fans.
    There is (or at least WAS) some confusion, with some people claiming that it's filming that will start in May 2018. For example: https://theworldofjamesbond.blog/2017/08/25/may/ (pay special attention to the comments)

Anyway, none of this matters anymore as MI6-HQ now confirms that filming won't begin for another year.
    What are you talking about? If WHAT is true?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    If this movie is not 2 parts then I expect Bond 25 to be close to a 3 hour movie.
    And why would you do that? Please elaborate!
    bondjames wrote: »
    Sad news from my perspective. It looks like the tight constricted look is here to stay for at least one more film:
    EXCELLENT news! I certainly do NOT want Bond to look like he stepped out from the 90s!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    EXCELLENT news! I certainly do NOT want Bond to look like he stepped out from the 90s!

What has the 90s got to do with it? Did it look like Craig stepped out of the 90s in QoS? Of course not. The supertight fit is an ill-fitting look and Craig for the most part looks ridiculous.

What has the 90s got to do with it? Did it look like Craig stepped out of the 90s in QoS? Of course not. The supertight fit is an ill-fitting look and Craig for the most part looks ridiculous.

Yeah, he looks like a moron in those suits. They are so damn tight. They look so uncomfortable.

Yeah, he looks like a moron in those suits. They are so damn tight. They look so uncomfortable.
    Agreed. These damn tight suits have to go and never come back.

Indeed. 90s or not, I'm not interested in seeing Craig's buttock cheeks flexing underneath his trousers (to the point where it apparently ripped at Blofeld's HQ) and I don't believe any well tailored self respecting Englishman with a sartorial sense would want to parade himself in such a manner. Certainly not Bond. Call me old fashioned if you want.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,423

Indeed. 90s or not, I'm not interested in seeing Craig's buttock cheeks flexing underneath his trousers (to the point where it apparently ripped at Blofeld's HQ) and I don't believe any well tailored self respecting Englishman with a sartorial sense would want to parade himself in such a manner. Certainly not Bond. Call me old fashioned if you want.
    Precisely. I couldn't have said it any better, @bondjames.

It is something male models and women (generally they are the ones to wear tights) would wear at a fashion festival. Someone like Bond, a sophisticated alpha male Englishman would wear a respected bespoke suit tailored somewhere at the Saville Row. That also said, the jackets also got shorter which bugs me big time, I really would prefer if they retained their original length. Not stand above the belt.
    if it is only one film that is a shame as either

A) the patter of titles won't work

b) we will be deprived of a film with the title Blofeld.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/fashion-beauty/daniel-craig-masterminds-james-bonds-wardrobe-36073709.html

"I went to Tom Ford and they did exactly what I wanted. I think it’s very good for Bond because you see him moving. When he was running you could see the muscles under the trousers."

What a shame. I still can't figure out how anyone thinks that's proper attire for a secret agent. The look of the suits is one thing, but it's jarring sometimes in SP when it looks like Craig may implode from how tight his suit is.