No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Plus, he was born in the Republic of Ireland, so he's a foreigner. ;)
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    NicNac wrote: »
    Plus, he was born in the Republic of Ireland, so he's a foreigner. ;)

True,he cant be knighted but there are honoury titles for foreigners,Kevin Spacey has a KBE for example,for his work for the British Film Industry and the Globe Theatre etc,but I don't think Pierce has done anything truly of merit to earn any of them.

(Mind you Spacey is almost totally a Brit in all but birth).

There are a lot of actors out there who deserve it more,David Tennant being one of them.

barryt007 wrote: »
    001 wrote: »
    s-l500.jpg

Not a flattering look for DC compared to the other bonds.

I think the way he actually bleeds is one of the best things about DC's Bond to be honest. But I don't think that caricature is very spot on anyway. Moore was more of a ladykiller, he should have Brosnan's pose, Brosnan should have the martini or a machine gun. Lazenby should have some flowers for Tracy or something, or even just be standing there with nothing at all because he was more of an everyman. Connery Dalton and Craig are pretty spot on though.

Brosnan should have a hair dryer in his hand. When is he going to be knighted ?

Yes,Sir Roger should have the underwear.

Sir Sean should have a bottle of champagne.

DC looks more like a villain or henchman compared to the rest...

I don't think he has done enough to be knighted,compared to Sir Sean and Sir Roger,who are movie icons.

(Plus Sir Roger's UNICEF work).

DC i think will be knighted as he does charity work and he worked with the queen at the Olympics. :)

• TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    I hope for a single mission and a few bright and exotic locations with a lot of Fleming vibe. But I'm not sure they will go that way with Craig's last outing. Craig's Bond films where connected as we learned in SP. I don't think a new director would be keen to pick up where Mendes left the franchise so I fear B25 could be a last twist on the story done by Mendes again. (Sorry for any mistakes - English s not my native language).
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    barryt007 wrote: »
    s-l500.jpg

I think the way he actually bleeds is one of the best things about DC's Bond to be honest. But I don't think that caricature is very spot on anyway. Moore was more of a ladykiller, he should have Brosnan's pose, Brosnan should have the martini or a machine gun. Lazenby should have some flowers for Tracy or something, or even just be standing there with nothing at all because he was more of an everyman. Connery Dalton and Craig are pretty spot on though.

Brosnan should have a hair dryer in his hand. When is he going to be knighted ?

Yes,Sir Roger should have the underwear.

Sir Sean should have a bottle of champagne.

DC looks more like a villain or henchman compared to the rest...

I don't think he has done enough to be knighted,compared to Sir Sean and Sir Roger,who are movie icons.

(Plus Sir Roger's UNICEF work).

DC i think will be knighted as he does charity work and he worked with the queen at the Olympics. :)

He is definitely heading in the right direction,and has a long career ahead of him.

Tuxedo wrote: »
    I hope for a single mission and a few bright and exotic locations with a lot of Fleming vibe. But I'm not sure they will go that way with Craig's last outing. Craig's Bond films where connected as we learned in SP. I don't think a new director would be keen to pick up where Mendes left the franchise so I fear B25 could be a last twist on the story done by Mendes again. (Sorry for any mistakes - English s not my native language).

I don't think Mendes will be coming back,Craig and he did not get on well during SP (according to the rumours),and it wouldn't surprise me if one of the clauses to Dan coming back to do BOND25 was a guarantee that Mendes was not involved.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

echo wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The best 5 scenes of SP:

-PTS
    -SPECTRE meeting
    -Mr. White's final moments
    -Bond meets and saves Madeleine in Austria.
    -Train fight

@FoxRox... no complaints here. But I would put the funeral scene in the top 5, instead of Mr. White's death. There are some other terrific moments in SP:

-the meeting with Q ("I told you to bring it back in one piece, not bring back one piece."
    -the mouse scene. Yes, I liked this bit, and the pouring of the beer on the floor, and Bond knocking down the wall. I love the way the room is lit, with the geometric shadows on the wall. Newman's score here is good, too.
    -And then there's this one little bit that gives me chills every time: the fifteen seconds or so when we cut from Bond and Madeleine's love scene to the overhead shot of the train going around a bend at dawn. Newman's instrumental piano of "Writing's on the Wall" is exquisite. The shot is breathtaking. And then we cut to the train pulling away, and all we see are their feet. And the piano slows and ends, and the train leaves the shot and reveals the two, standing in the middle of nowhere. It's great stuff!!!!!

That's because it's cribbed from TSWLM.

The love scene and what preceded it, yes. But not what I described here. Not even close.

Watch the scene with Bond and Anya in the truck again.

I have to respectfully disagree, @echo. There is a similarity in that Bond/Bond girl are traveling through the desert, to an instrumental of the theme song. I am with you in that respect. But I think the mood and purpose are vastly different. What I described in SP was the end and fade out of the song...it was suggesting an "end," and them standing in the desert is now the next chapter. In TSWLM, the song's twangy guitar is not suggesting an end, but rather a "building" moment, as the attraction between Bond and Anya is first becoming evident.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Is M coming back according to imdb he is not listed with the rest of the rumoured crew with q tanner and moneypenny http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_2
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Is M coming back according to imdb he is not listed with the rest of the rumoured crew with q tanner and moneypenny http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_2
    I do believe Ralph Fiennes stated he's doing two more last year.

I'm sure M will be back,its Fiennes that is not being shown...odd.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

IMDB is the last place you want to check for credible information. The cast listing for a lot of films is wonky, especially when it's barely into pre-production.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Creasy47 wrote: »

IMDB is the last place you want to check for credible information. The cast listing for a lot of films is wonky, especially when it's barely into pre-production.

This.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Good point actually.

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I dont like ralph in the role i think hes just not suited to it
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I dont like ralph in the role i think hes just not suited to it

I'd like to see him in a more traditional role in B25 - not out gallivanting in the field, not helping Bond fight, and no more of the lack of trust with Bond. Just him setting Bond up with a mission and that's that.
    Maybe M should turn out to actually be Blofeld like the spectre script leak in bond 25
    edited August 2017 Posts: 2,730
    Maybe M should turn out to actually be Blofeld like the spectre script leak in bond 25

Thats not a bad idea but you need strong wiriters to pull that off so it doesnt seem cartoonish, and we have P and W so ill leave it up to you to see...
    We are very very close to 1,000 surprised we haven't got there right after the news about dc

I think if it had been confirmed at a press conference where a barrage of questions would happen? We possibly could have been? But we will get their eventually!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I liked Fiennes in SF. He should be perfect as M. But he seemed uncomfortable in SP.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,600
    He was uncomforatble because the raw material was poor IMHO. The way he delivers in SF is very different. And he stays where he should be, back in the office. Not in the Mystery Machine. Any M would be uncomfortable there.

Surely we cant question his acting abilities. I really hope he gets so great scenes in the next one.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,126

Thats not a bad idea but you need strong wiriters to pull that off so it doesnt seem cartoonish, and we have P and W so ill leave it up to you to see...

M actually turning out to be Blofeld all along would be too far fetched? Or?
    Hopefully Tanner won't return. He is the most useless chracter in the history of cinema. I hate the guy!
    I don't see the point in Tanner, either. The only times he was used properly were in the Brosnan films.
  • RC7RC7
    Hopefully Tanner won't return. He is the most useless chracter in the history of cinema. I hate the guy!

They just haven't used him correctly. He should be a man caught between a sense of duty (M) and loyalty (Bond). They've fudged that in the DC era. Kitchen was very good at it. Q took up that role in SP, hence why Tanner felt so redundant. I'd love for them to nail Tanner in the next incarnation, even at the expense of someone like Q.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    RC7 wrote: »

They just haven't used him correctly. He should be a man caught between a sense of duty (M) and loyalty (Bond). They've fudged that in the DC era. Kitchen was very good at it. Q took up that role in SP, hence why Tanner felt so redundant. I'd love for them to nail Tanner in the next incarnation, even at the expense of someone like Q.

Oh gosh. I thought he and Q both showed that conflict in SF and SP. I'm surprised you didn't.
    Tanner pissed on Bond many times and took M's side in Spectre.

"Are we sure Bond is still in London?"
    Again, tanner is good in qos and skyfall but shit in spectre. Ralph is good in skyfall and bad in spectre. Moneypenny, in my opinion, is good in skyfall and shit in spectre. And msot importantly, craig IS GOOD IN ALL HISFILMS EXCEPT SPECTRE. Maybe its not the actors maybe its the shit script from shitty writers and a lazy director. Ive read the CR script, its got cringey dialogue, and its got good dialogue. What did campbell do? HE TOOK OUT THE SHIT DIALOGUE AND KEPT THE GOOD ONES. Thats not what it seems mendes was able to do second time around.
  • 001 wrote: »
    s-l500.jpg

Besides all the other comments, the Bonds have the wrong style of tux bow tie.
    s-l500.jpg

Besides all the other comments, the Bonds have the wrong style of tux bow tie.
    Yep. Bond never wears winged collar shirts. Not with tuxedos anyway.

The only time he wore a winged collar shirt was in LTK at Felix's wedding.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Which is I think the only time we see him dress white-tie isn't it?
    Which is I think the only time we see him dress white-tie isn't it?
    I believe it was a grey tie.