No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

SaintMark wrote: »
    If Craig returns he probably wants to film 007's death, I hope he does not get a fifth his power over the last two movie showed he lacked insight. Unless we get a director who tells him what to do and is allowed to do so I have little faith in a fifth Craig.

Killing Bond would really hurt the franchise IMO
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    And pointless AF.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    And pointless AF.
    Quite.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I love how people assume that Daniel wants to kill Bond off. Where is the logic people? =))
  • peterpeter Toronto
    What about, instead of killing Bond, there is focus on the story of Bond 25?

What if Madeleine dies of the same disease her father was dying from before he killed himself? DC Bond nursed her during this time, trying to find a cure, but she dies a horrible and torturous death.

Bond blames Blofeld since he, Blofeld, must have inadvertently killed Maddy when he meant to a only poison her father?

DC Bond seeks vengeance on the monster locked in an international Gitmo type place... he breaks into the prison, the same day that Blofeld escapes (to hold the world at a chaotic ransom).

This is the catalyst that Bond is put back into the MI6 family.

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Is syncopy big enough to distribute a bond picture? Seems like it would be a big decider if Chris Nolan is in the running.

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Is anyone else waiting for the Daily Mail to respond? I would imagine either Baz already knows if this story has merit or is currently finding out.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    If Craig returns he probably wants to film 007's death, I hope he does not get a fifth his power over the last two movie showed he lacked insight. Unless we get a director who tells him what to do and is allowed to do so I have little faith in a fifth Craig.

I agree. Bond films just wouldn't be the same without Bond.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    mattjoes wrote: »

On the plus side, there would be actual things for Tanner to do.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bond's not going to die.
    echo wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »

On the plus side, there would be actual things for Tanner to do.

I was hoping somebody would mention him.
    ... as Mendes gleefully writes a treatment featuring Bond's death ...
    GetCarter wrote: »
    ... as Mendes gleefully writes a treatment featuring Bond's death ...

"It is the next step of Bond's emotional journey. Only by killing him off can we really get to the bottom of who he is, deep down."
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    TripAces wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    This Ron guy is bullsh*ting, 100%.

Which explains why supposedly "credible" news outlets are repeating the Mirror story. I bet they incorrectly think that this guy is legitimate, and are buying the story as fact and spreading it.

I would argue, again, that they are only repeating it after ascertaining for themselves, by vetting the reporting and sources, that the report has significant merit.

They don t even do that with important news.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited July 2017 Posts: 3,277
    http://origin.007.com redirects to the official Bond website. Does this mean anything?‬

And guess what? Searching the WHOIS and looking for the domain owner, we can see FOX FILM is somehow connected to the 007.com URL.

https://www.whois.com/whois/007.com
    http://origin.007.com redirects to the official Bond website. Does this mean anything?‬

And guess what? Searching the WHOIS and looking for the domain owner, we can see FOX FILM is somehow connected to the 007.com URL.

I remember such smart discoveries, like you have there @marketto007, usually can nothing else but truthful :-). Interesting that 20th Century Fox is mentioned / linked to with this link. But let's not forget that 20th Century Fox is already distributing all home video related stuff (DVD's, BluRay).
    FWIW my partner is in no way a Bond fan and was the one who alerted me to the story. She also remembered Craig as the one who'd "rather slash his wrists" than return as Bond. Unfair perhaps, but that story resonated at the time.

Personally I love DC as Bond, it is easy to under-value his leviathan effort in revitalising this thing after the Brosnan excesses.

Having said that, I am mildly concerned about his mooted return on two fronts:

1) The asking price (considering the lack of suitable replacements) is now a significant portion of the budget.

2) DC seems to lean towards emotionally wrought character arcs. If he is indeed self-conscious about the age thing, I fear we will get another film that riffs on the 'old dog, new tricks' mine that SF already plundered.

A final DC film is welcome, but the margin for error is much greater if he returns. Overdo the personal arc and it will become turgid. Neglect the innate sensitivity of DC and we end up with another SP.
    They could do personal arcs all day long, as long as they hire directors who make cracking films.

I have been reading this news article from @marketto007, and I am starting to, reluctantly, think that it could make sense:
    ‪http://origin.007.com redirects to the official Bond website. Does this mean anything?‬

I mean, the word "origin" is already referring to another reboot if I'm not mistaken. I am actually very much against the idea of a "007 extended cinematic universe", but my worries are furthermore enhanced by the Dynamite Comic Book series. We all know that this 'comic book universe' is already extended by separate Moneypenny and Felix Leiter comic book series. The new comic book series could give EON Productions plentiful source material and it could enlighten pre-production work for EON, since they only have to adapt these comic books.
    The next bond film will not be named Origin. However the next bond video game might be
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Who needs Bond when you have Tanner...the way he blends into the background and looks around him with a face thats puzzled,and a look as if he has just shit himself by accident is a credit to him.
    peter wrote: »
    What about, instead of killing Bond, there is focus on the story of Bond 25?

What if Madeleine dies of the same disease her father was dying from before he killed himself? DC Bond nursed her during this time, trying to find a cure, but she dies a horrible and torturous death.

Bond blames Blofeld since he, Blofeld, must have inadvertently killed Maddy when he meant to a only poison her father?

DC Bond seeks vengeance on the monster locked in an international Gitmo type place... he breaks into the prison, the same day that Blofeld escapes (to hold the world at a chaotic ransom).

This is the catalyst that Bond is put back into the MI6 family.

Just want the franchise urgently needed at this point in its history . Navel gazing! Why didn't I think of it?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Who needs Bond when you have Tanner...the way he blends into the background and looks around him with a face thats puzzled,and a look as if he has just shit himself by accident is a credit to him.

Dear oh dear. Is it too much to ask for a bit of respect for Rory's nuanced and understated performance? I'm appalled.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @noSolaceleft, why the negativity, friend?.

The above is a stinker, but I'm just having fun throwing ideas against the wall. It's called spit-balling, which, all in the name of fun (there's that word again), puts us, temporarily, in the seats of EoN, since it's likely this is what they've been doing: spit-balling.

It's a fun (oops, there's the f-word again) exercise. Most ideas that come out of a spit-balling session are terrible (like mine from above), but it helps separate the golden nuggets from the muck. And, all this talk of killing off Bond in the next film was getting a little disheartening.... so my (fun) idea was an attempt at trying to imagine what the next story "could be"...

If DC stays on, they will more than likely continue with the threads from his other four films, including the most recent.

Nothing against the actress, but I want to see Madeleine the character gone as quickly as is possible, and I came up with the rather poor idea that she was also poisoned by Blofeld (and it truly is a terrible idea, such is my lust to see her gone; I've also said in other passages that she's one of many victims in a terror attack financed by SPECTRE, an attack that has relevance to the larger story, but also as revenge on Bond at the same time-- probably an equally embarrassing idea, but one that shows my obsession to get Maddy gone in ten minutes of screen time, or less!)

Instead of slamming what everyone else writes on this forum, why don't you share with us some of your thoughts? Because, to date, what I have read of your participation seems to always question (indignantly), or put a negative twist to what others are saying.

Loosen up a little @noSolaceleft, have a little "fun" (without snide banter or attempts at belittling); participate and engage our membership with your own thoughts and ideas. We may not all agree on everything, but this forum is a highway of differing opinions and the free exchange of ideas-- that is a good and positive thing, nosolace, and it includes disagreements and healthy debate.

So, to you @noSolaceleft, I wish you a good day!
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy

Really strange.
    It seems they created a third level URL (I can't remember anything in the past like this, there is not a spectre or Skyfall One) and then reroute it on the principal site.
    FWIW my partner is in no way a Bond fan and was the one who alerted me to the story. She also remembered Craig as the one who'd "rather slash his wrists" than return as Bond. Unfair perhaps, but that story resonated at the time.

As a side note, good lord: that line has really had some legs. It's stuck in the heads of non-fans or casual fans, and it's cited by the media still in virtually every story about Craig now.

I really like Craig, and like him in the role, but good lord that line feels like a cock up, and it's going to haunt the series for the rest of his tenure.

Out of curiosity, is this the only such domain recently registered? It's fairly common practice to buy up all sorts of domains related to your properties to prevent people from 'squatting' in them.

Is there any chance that's what's happened here?

Also, if there is to be a Bond film called 'Origins,' it doesn't necessarily have to be Bond 25.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    They did this Origins film only four movies ago. Do they have to repeat that again?

And I'm not necessarily taking into account that Eon are actually doing it.
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote: »
    The next bond film will not be named Origin. However the next bond video game might be

Not a terrible idea actually. Happy for them to play in that sandbox if it's purely for a Bond game featuring a generic Bond in no way connected to the cinematic canon. Perhaps a late 40s setting.
    peter wrote: »
    @noSolaceleft, why the negativity, friend?.

The above is a stinker, but I'm just having fun throwing ideas against the wall. It's called spit-balling, which, all in the name of fun (there's that word again), puts us, temporarily, in the seats of EoN, since it's likely this is what they've been doing: spit-balling.

It's a fun (oops, there's the f-word again) exercise. Most ideas that come out of a spit-balling session are terrible (like mine from above), but it helps separate the golden nuggets from the muck. And, all this talk of killing off Bond in the next film was getting a little disheartening.... so my (fun) idea was an attempt at trying to imagine what the next story "could be"...

If DC stays on, they will more than likely continue with the threads from his other four films, including the most recent.

Nothing against the actress, but I want to see Madeleine the character gone as quickly as is possible, and I came up with the rather poor idea that she was also poisoned by Blofeld (and it truly is a terrible idea, such is my lust to see her gone; I've also said in other passages that she's one of many victims in a terror attack financed by SPECTRE, an attack that has relevance to the larger story, but also as revenge on Bond at the same time-- probably an equally embarrassing idea, but one that shows my obsession to get Maddy gone in ten minutes of screen time, or less!)

Instead of slamming what everyone else writes on this forum, why don't you share with us some of your thoughts? Because, to date, what I have read of your participation seems to always question (indignantly), or put a negative twist to what others are saying.

Loosen up a little @noSolaceleft, have a little "fun" (without snide banter or attempts at belittling); participate and engage our membership with your own thoughts and ideas. We may not all agree on everything, but this forum is a highway of differing opinions and the free exchange of ideas-- that is a good and positive thing, nosolace, and it includes disagreements and healthy debate.

So, to you @noSolaceleft, I wish you a good day!

Sorry I mocked you, but I honestly feel the last thing the Bond movies need ( and can afford right now) is more tragic and especially personal tragic. So many people I talk to about the current Bond movies perceive it right now as a dour and melodramatic affair. Problem is, the Bond they have come to enjoy and like from their childhood on (many of them - boy or girl - together with their fathers ) is something completely else. They simply feel the franchise has lost its special touch that distinguishes it from the competition. And frankly, so do I. I'm really completely fed up with all those Hommages and nods to the past wile delivering a nearly nearly complete opposite of what made the franchise great and immortal.
    I hope that explains a little bit why I reacted so sarcastic on your (and some other) post. Again, sorry.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    octofinger wrote: »

As a side note, good lord: that line has really had some legs. It's stuck in the heads of non-fans or casual fans, and it's cited by the media still in virtually every story about Craig now.

I really like Craig, and like him in the role, but good lord that line feels like a cock up, and it's going to haunt the series for the rest of his tenure.
    That's been my opinion for some time. I said it then and I'll say it again: EON and Craig should have shut that thing down as it was gathering steam. It is now a permanent fixture in every article regarding the series and him. Additionally, if he's back and B25 isn't exceptional, that comment will always be brought up as a reason for why he perhaps should have not come back, along with all the money articles (which have also resonated with the common man/woman).

I also believe that they will always be tormented by SF's financial success in the media while he's in the role. Like it or not, that film will be seen as Craig's 'Thriller', and the press will continue to draw comparisons to it in their commentary. If they can live with that, then more power to them.