No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He implies that through his extensive time working together with Craig recently that Craig made it evident that he wasn't calling it quits yet. That's not a confirmation that Craig has said yes to B25, but it is a confirmation that he has not said no.
    Exactly. He's either a go or he's still undecided. However, he's not gone yet, or if he is, he's hiding it very well from his dressing room costar.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Then, @bondjames, shoot me! we need fresh eyes behind the camera, not in front. Get a great director that can amalgamate the greatness of CR, QoS, SF and the threads of SP... I hafta believe that the producers are smarter than this. Creatively, Mendes has nothing more to give...

@Mendes we all know your sincere devotion to Brozzer/Affleck's love-child, Turner, but, I WILL buy you a pint if he becomes Bond in the next film. DC is back, not only because he is the best since SC, but because Babs really, and sincerely, loves him as a carrier of her father's filmatic creation.
    the inner circle (Craig, Babs, MGW, & maybe Mendes) know a lot more than they are saying. I still believe they have a rough draft & are trying to convince Mendes for one more.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    It looks like Ben wishaw has something going on in January 2018 a 2019 release is looking likely http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4210000/Q-jumps-James-Bond-Bard.html

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Murdock wrote: »
    Given how Barbara feels strongly about Daniel she won't be tossing him aside just like that.
    You hit the nail on the head.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2017 Posts: 8,073
    He doesn't even say explicitly that they have talked about it, just that they have spent time together. That could mean anything! If he genuinely knew something, he wouldn't offer it up like that in an interview. Can't quite understand why people think this tells us anything at all.
  • He doesn't even say explicitly that they have talked about it, just that they have spent time together. That could mean anything! If he genuinely knew something, he wouldn't offer it up like that in an interview. Can't quite understand why people think this tells us anything at all.

Have you watched the video? If you have, I can't understand why you don't think Oyelowo is implying anything.

From 9:15:

• edited February 2017 Posts: 15,801
    I keep watching that part of the clip over and over.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    He doesn't even say explicitly that they have talked about it, just that they have spent time together. That could mean anything! If he genuinely knew something, he wouldn't offer it up like that in an interview. Can't quite understand why people think this tells us anything at all.
    The Omega guy is the clearest indication Craig is back. Why would he be meeting with Craig, Broccoli and Wilson if it wasn't for Bond.
  • The more that I think about it, the more I really want Craig to have one more great one before he hands over the baton. CR+QOS were both such great Bond films for me, whereas SF+SP were such letdowns, that I really would like to see him end on a high.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Maddening.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    The implication is so obvious in that video. Oyelowo knows something hands down.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Plus Oyelowo played Bond for an audio book so he would know a thing or two.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Okay that video was quite telling.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Just for a bit correction, Oyelowo didn't play Bond. He narrated the entirety of the story where he spoke everyone's lines. It wasn't a radio play. It was an audio book with one narrator.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @DonnyDBE what @Mendes won't accept: when two actors are sharing a dressing room for "three months", and one plays one of the most ICONIC ROLES IN FILM HISTORY, they will share secrets....

It's not like David looked across at Daniel and said, "well...?" and Daniel answered "I CAN'T ANSWER THAT-- DON'T ASK ME ABOUT THAT..." (hands up to ears; he starts to HUM...) "I CAN'T HEAR YOU"...

Come the f on, people, David shared space with THE James Bond actor!

David's reveal on the Colbert show wasn't even heavily masked. For once, I'd say, that's the clearest indication that James Bond will be back, and James Bond WILL be Daniel Craig (and thank Dog for that)...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    ... and, @Mendes not "maddening" just the best choice they have right now; sorry old boy...
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 2,598
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    SonofSean wrote: »
    I think by the time we do get Bond 25 (2019 or 2020) it would have been 5 whole years since Spectre. Already Craig was tired, burnt out, whatever. Sounds more and more likely that there is no script nor any sense of urgency by EON to get Bond 25 out of the gates. This is very, very sad for Bond fans. Maybe Bond has had it's day. Maybe it's time to retire the character once and for all. This isn't what I want, but neither Daniel Craig nor EON seem to give a damn, so why the hell should we? John Wick 2 is about to start kicking all kinds of ass in cinemas (2 installments within 3 years!) and Tom Cruise will start filming Mission Impossible 6 later this year to hit cinemas next summer. There is a real hunger for action / adventure movies. People crave escapism, especially in these dark times, so Bond has failed his mission to provide the sort of entertainment his fans have relied on for years. I know this is a bit of rant, and I don't want to sound entitled, but we live in an age of endless comic book movies and Star Wars movies (fans of those movies get a movie each year!)...I just feel that being a Bond fan I drew the short straw. Sigh. maybe it's time for me to pick a new franchse to care about.

Sorry, but what you've written is uttter nonsense.

Eon certainly give a damn about Bond and I don't know why some have suggested that Craig is burnt out but I have to say that sometimes I feel like I have drawn the short straw in terms of the cinematic Bond too, well, the modern Bond. The Brosnan Bond films are dismal and QOS and Spectre leave a fair bit to be desired. Luckily we have many great earlier films.

I also agree with some how it was stupid how we jumped from a youngish rookie Bond to a supposed old dog in Skyfall. I remember thinking this when I first saw Skyfall. When they do do character movement they seem to do it the wrong way.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 11,425
    I think DC is the kind of person who if he'd decided he wasn't playing Bond anymore would have wanted to put that out there and cleared the decks for whatever is coming next. He'd get sick of the constant questions and just want to put it behind him.

So I think it's fair to assume he has not said no and that EON have not said no.

However what we know from recent history is that the presence of MGM always has the potential to screw stuff up, so nothing is certain until they do that press conference.

I do think Mendes will want to finish off his little trilogy if given the chance.
    I agree with you on Craig but then I've been wrong before. ;)
    Sorry Mendes, but that vid is a rather clear indication, that he will be back and I am not even a great supporter of that. But it seems obvious.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited February 2017 Posts: 2,495
    Ralph Fiennes is set to direct 'The White Crow' in the summer of 2017.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Craig will be back and even the ones here who would like a fresh start: We will all be sitting there and watch the movie, most likely the first day it's released. Some will be more than happy with another SP and others will hope for a blend of CR, QoS and SF (well - that's what I am hoping for). But we'll all be there and I hope we will all have a good time with Bond 25. It looks more and more to be 2018 to me and I am ok with that.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    February seems to have been rather busy in terms of news. Not as quiet as previous months.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    February seems to have been rather busy in terms of news. Not as quiet as previous months.

And hopefully it'll only get busier from here on out.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Just remember, Tim and Brosnan were both expected to continue as Bond after their last films. In this business things get in the way, and all of a sudden the opportunity is gone. Just a word of warning.

Connery was expected back for LALD as well back in 72 before Moore was annonced.

Was he? I thought it was made clear that Connery was only coming back to do DAF.

Yes, but the general audience didn t know that, and journalists writing about the upcoming LALD mentioned Connery as if they fully expected him to return. Even studio executives thought they could lure him back for one more.

I forget where it was mentioned now, but someone who screentested for a role in LALD (it may have been the Solitaire rlole), called it the "next Bond with Sean Connery".
    bondjames wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Mendes is up to these days?

I know he has that Ferryman play thing but that won't take too long. My understanding is that the Voyeur's Motel has been scrapped even though IMDb still shows it.

I still contend Mendes is back if Craig has decided to return.

Oh if Mendes is back Craig is 100% back as Bond. They are butt buddies
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I would more than appreciate another Craig Bond film - but Mendes ... I am a fan of Skyfall - but Spectre left me cold for many things in it. Even with a new script by new writers ... I have the impression he was done creatively after Skyfall.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    I would more than appreciate another Craig Bond film - but Mendes ... I am a fan of Skyfall - but Spectre left me cold for many things in it. Even with a new script by new writers ... I have the impression he was done creatively after Skyfall.
    I don't know if it was Mendes' fault. I'd rather put the blame on the writers. But other than that, I share your feelings. For me, SP was mediocre...and perhaps specifically because SF was so brilliant that I expected too much from its successor.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,423
    It wasn't only the writers' fault. Mendes can't direct action sequences. He can't handle it properly. Every action sequences in both the films he directed were weak.