No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Bond 25 is a Licence to print money.....Bab's and MGW must have too much!
    SonofSean wrote: »
    I think by the time we do get Bond 25 (2019 or 2020) it would have been 5 whole years since Spectre. Already Craig was tired, burnt out, whatever. Sounds more and more likely that there is no script nor any sense of urgency by EON to get Bond 25 out of the gates. This is very, very sad for Bond fans. Maybe Bond has had it's day. Maybe it's time to retire the character once and for all. This isn't what I want, but neither Daniel Craig nor EON seem to give a damn, so why the hell should we? John Wick 2 is about to start kicking all kinds of ass in cinemas (2 installments within 3 years!) and Tom Cruise will start filming Mission Impossible 6 later this year to hit cinemas next summer. There is a real hunger for action / adventure movies. People crave escapism, especially in these dark times, so Bond has failed his mission to provide the sort of entertainment his fans have relied on for years. I know this is a bit of rant, and I don't want to sound entitled, but we live in an age of endless comic book movies and Star Wars movies (fans of those movies get a movie each year!)...I just feel that being a Bond fan I drew the short straw. Sigh. maybe it's time for me to pick a new franchse to care about.

Sorry, but what you've written is uttter nonsense.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    I think by the time we do get Bond 25 (2019 or 2020) it would have been 5 whole years since Spectre. Already Craig was tired, burnt out, whatever. Sounds more and more likely that there is no script nor any sense of urgency by EON to get Bond 25 out of the gates. This is very, very sad for Bond fans. Maybe Bond has had it's day. Maybe it's time to retire the character once and for all. This isn't what I want, but neither Daniel Craig nor EON seem to give a damn, so why the hell should we? John Wick 2 is about to start kicking all kinds of ass in cinemas (2 installments within 3 years!) and Tom Cruise will start filming Mission Impossible 6 later this year to hit cinemas next summer. There is a real hunger for action / adventure movies. People crave escapism, especially in these dark times, so Bond has failed his mission to provide the sort of entertainment his fans have relied on for years. I know this is a bit of rant, and I don't want to sound entitled, but we live in an age of endless comic book movies and Star Wars movies (fans of those movies get a movie each year!)...I just feel that being a Bond fan I drew the short straw. Sigh. maybe it's time for me to pick a new franchse to care about.

Sorry, but what you've written is uttter nonsense.

+1.

If you like Bond, you can still carry on enjoying the existing Bond movies. No one is deleting them.
    As William Goldman said about Hollywood: "Nobody knows anything."
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    How we know this guy from the daily mail is right MGM is the only one I would trust in saying its a long way off
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    He may be intentionally throwing cold water on the recent rampant rumours (perhaps even at Eon's behest). The truth is they probably are moving along at initial stages but have a lot of roadblocks still to navigate, including MGM IPO, distributorship finalization, Craig decision etc. etc.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    bondjames wrote: »
    He may be intentionally throwing cold water on the recent rampant rumours (perhaps even at Eon's behest). The truth is they probably are moving along at initial stages but have a lot of roadblocks still to navigate, including MGM IPO, distributorship finalization, Craig decision etc. etc.

Yeah it's really silly to freak out at someone's prediction when they aren't MGM and know what's actually going on lets wait to see what barber says in march before reacting good grief
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 2,115
    Getafix wrote: »
    Yes it was a spiteful act by Harry to sell his share to UA. And Bond fans have suffered a lot since then because of it. It was an evil exec at UA/MGM who made it very difficult for EON to bring Dalton back after LTK. I think Babs has used some very colourful language to describe that guy.

John Calley.

2010 story:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fate-james-bond-hangs-balance-25939

1994 story:
    http://variety.com/1994/film/news/dalton-bails-out-as-bond-120067/

If Eon is keeping it under wraps in light of the hacks last time, would Baz really know? Before this story about the chopper we would have all said the same. Indeed, it's because of that that I'm struggling to believe though that Bond 25 is imminent any time soon.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    According to the express articles, filming is started in a few weeks! :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I can t believe it s been six years since Spectre already. Time sure flies.

Funny.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Tempis fugit, indeed.
    Like I said I wish the games were at least going so we could have SOMETHING but oh well..

The times reference before at least had some stuff
    don't believe me well
    1990-1994
    We had I believe 1 John Gardenr novel per year
    We had James Bond Jr the series
    We had James Bond JR for NEs
    We Had James Bond The Duel (with Dalton on the box) for sega Genesis

From 2003-2005
    We Had the excellent James Bond 007 Everything or Nothing
    we had the bland but fun Goldeneye Rogue Agent
    We Had the excellent From Russia With Love
    We had the Young Bond Series (at least a few of them I believe what is it with Hiatus and young bonds)

2009-2011
    We Had the Excellent Goldeneye 007/Reloaded
    We had the Excellent Blood Stone
    We had the decent Novel Carte Blanche

now uhm
    we had Trigger Mortis
    we had an episode of Timeless with Fleming I guess
    uhm Double Ego want to help me out here what do we have as Bond fans all the wells (books video games and films) are dried up I mean we have another Novel coming next year and we have the comic book series (which is kind of fun but not brilliant)

I mean does Eon want us to forget about the bond brand so they can reboot again or something?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited February 2017 Posts: 2,496
    Just happened upon this article in The Australian about Omega's new flagship store in Sydney.

There is one thing Mr Aeschlimann [Omega’s president and chief executive] didn’t have an answer for: will Craig sport the Seamaster once more on-screen?

I’ll meet with him in two or three weeks, but I’m not the one to decide. (Bond producers) Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson have this incredible spirit about what they want.”
    Before the internet this is how it was when waiting for the next film?!!!! Personally I like it after the farce of the leaked Spectre.

Babs and MGW were no doubt furious over it and frankly I don't blame them for keeping their gobs shut and taking a break from it. I love Bond just as much as the next person believe me, but I have to respect they are the ones who call the shots.

I take everything on this thread with a spade of salt until I see and read something OFFICIAL from Eon. It is the best advice I can give on the subject. :-?
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Just happened upon this article in The Australian about Omega's new flagship store in Sydney.

There is one thing Mr Aeschlimann [Omega’s president and chief executive] didn’t have an answer for: will Craig sport the Seamaster once more on-screen?

“I’ll meet with him in two or three weeks, but I’m not the one to decide. (Bond producers) Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson have this incredible spirit about what they want.”
    [/quote]No offence to anyone who owns one (I do), but I would seriously recommend to BB & MGW to dump Omega and get back to Rolex. Preferably an Explorer or Sub. Then stick with it over multiple films. This jumping around with the latest timepieces each time to accommodate Omega's burgeoning (and far from classic) product line & upmarket ambitions is becoming rather tiresome for me.

I’ll meet with him in two or three weeks, but I’m not the one to decide. (Bond producers) Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson have this incredible spirit about what they want.”

And now a scrap of news that not only is Bond 25 is nearing production but it will also have Craig - is this really happening?!
    maybe things are moving along better then we though if they are meeting with sponsers perhaps the film is coming out next year?
    Risico007 wrote: »
    maybe things are moving along better then we though if they are meeting with sponsers perhaps the film is coming out next year?

Maybe they'll do a David Bowie on us - they somehow manage to cover up they are filming it and bang all of a sudden cinemas across the land are showing Bond 25.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Maybe they'll do a David Bowie on us - they somehow manage to cover up they are filming it and bang all of a sudden cinemas across the land are showing Bond 25.
    That'd be the most glorious thing to happen. I wish it could happen!

That would be the most impressive bit of marketing ever and would create incredible free buzz (even if the news comes out in a few months that they are only on track for 2018). Given the way things leak out though, I think it's very unlikely to keep it under wraps.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

And now a scrap of news that not only is Bond 25 is nearing production but it will also have Craig - is this really happening?!
    Indeed. I'm getting mixed signals here.

That would be the most impressive bit of marketing ever and would create incredible free buzz (even if the news comes out in a few months that they are only on track for 2018). Given the way things leak out though, I think it's very unlikely to keep it under wraps.

Yes, very unlikely. Possible for a music album like Bowie's, just hide away in a studio. Bit impossible when you need to book film studio space and shoot on location.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    jake24 wrote: »

Indeed. I'm getting mixed signals here.

Is DC still a brand ambassador for Omega? Maybe Mr Aeschlimann somehow got confused and is just meeting with him for a new ad campaign or something.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,756
    No offence to anyone who owns one (I do), but I would seriously recommend to BB & MGW to dump Omega and get back to Rolex. Preferably an Explorer or Sub. Then stick with it over multiple films. This jumping around with the latest timepieces each time to accommodate Omega's burgeoning (and far from classic) product line & upmarket ambitions is becoming rather tiresome for me.

Agreed. I like some of Omega's offerings (speedmaster, planet ocean, seamaster, globemaster) but Bond should be wearing a Rolex. I'd love to see Bond rocking a 36mm explorer or no date sub. Waterproof, classy, but sporty.

Some might say Bond wouldn't buy an "expensive" watch, but Bond is supposed to have great taste. Being an unmarried bachelor, Rolex isn't really that out of his realm. Especially since some of his coats & jackets cost sometimes half of one.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2017 Posts: 8,087
    The thing that stands out to me is the helicopter. People an say things and not mean them, but no one buys a helicopter by mistake. That must signify something. There's no way they can be filming next week, unless they mean filming an announcement for the next Bond actor stepping in. It would be good for social media promotion, and they could film it now so that they have time to add visual effects, etc. In time for the actual date of the unveiling later this year. That makes sense to me.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It will be at least two years before they unveil a new actor (that is if DC is gone). That's not what it will be used for.
    The thing that stands out to me is the helicopter. People an say things and not mean them, but no one buys a helicopter by mistake. That must signify something. There's no way they can be filming next week, unless they mean filming an announcement for the next Bond actor stepping in. It would be good for social media promotion, and they could film it now so that they have time to add visual effects, etc. In time for the actual date of the unveiling later this year. That makes sense to me.

Again, Turner isn't about to be named as the new Bond!