No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Turner looks like the off spring of Ben Affleck and Pierce Brosnan
    The dressing room comment means Bond has come up in conversation between the two of them.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm blind via my perspective but, I don't see how any word he said could be interpreted to any claim. He just said "we don't know." Which means they don't know. How could anyone get assumptions in those words is beyond me.

More so the comment: "I've been in a dressing room with him for three months, so I don't know about that." I think the implication there is that he's not so sure Craig is retiring the role after all.

I just watched it, and agree with you there. He seemed pretty obvious about that.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm blind via my perspective but, I don't see how any word he said could be interpreted to any claim. He just said "we don't know." Which means they don't know. How could anyone get assumptions in those words is beyond me.

More so the comment: "I've been in a dressing room with him for three months, so I don't know about that." I think the implication there is that he's not so sure Craig is retiring the role after all.

I just watched it, and agree with you there. He seemed pretty obvious about that.
    Precisely. Either Oyelowo is a master at deflection or he gave it away there. That's why I thought it was a brilliant questioning tactic by Colbert. Based on this, I believe Craig will either return or is currently still undecided.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I can imagine it now. 8->
    QiHe7Rkl.jpg
    Craig will be back in Bond 25. Just reminding y'all
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Craig will be back in Bond 25. Just reminding y'all

Thank you, thank you. Still hoping you're right!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Just remember, Tim and Brosnan were both expected to continue as Bond after their last films. In this business things get in the way, and all of a sudden the opportunity is gone. Just a word of warning.
    Given how Barbara feels strongly about Daniel she won't be tossing him aside just like that.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    What could they reference in Spectre that would be distinguishable from any one of the 23 films that came before it?
    Q's cats.
    Mice interrogation.
    Mickey Mouse.
    Opera-lovin' Fiat drivers.
    Frank Sinatra.
    Air bags.
    Lucia Sciarra.
    Protein shakes and toilets.
    Moneypenny's nighttime companion.
    Moneypenny's birthday.
    PPK shooting down a massive transport.
    Hinx.
    The Tiber.
    Writing on the wall.
    Smart blood.
    Q's hatred for Bond (really really).
    GLA/Greater London Authority Building, London City Hall.
    South Africa bombing related to the 9-Eyes vote.
    The fun new parade in Mexico that became popular when OO7 blew up a city block and caused a chopper to dangerously buzz the audience.
    Cinesite-Spectre-Mouse-1700x471.jpg

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just remember, Tim and Brosnan were both expected to continue as Bond after their last films. In this business things get in the way, and all of a sudden the opportunity is gone. Just a word of warning.

Connery was expected back for LALD as well back in 72 before Moore was annonced.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Connery was expected back for LALD as well back in 72 before Moore was annonced.

Was he? I thought it was made clear that Connery was only coming back to do DAF.

I didn't know that. Surely this is more akin to Moore's 'will he, won't he' routine from the late 70's/early 80's, where he reportedly negotiated on a film by film basis, threatening to leave each time (jokingly). If Craig leaves, nobody will be surprised because it's been in the press for over a year. If he stays, that will be the surprise.
    In the Special Edition DVD documentary for LALD they talked about wanting Connery back for it IIRC.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 3,126

Yeah especially David's body language is telling very telling that he knows something we don't :-/
  • What could they reference in Spectre that would be distinguishable from any one of the 23 films that came before it?
    Q's cats.
    Mice interrogation.
    Mickey Mouse.
    Opera-lovin' Fiat drivers.
    Frank Sinatra.
    Air bags.
    Lucia Sciarra.
    Protein shakes and toilets.
    Moneypenny's nighttime companion.
    Moneypenny's birthday.
    PPK shooting down a massive transport.
    Hinx.
    The Tiber.
    Writing on the wall.
    Smart blood.
    Q's hatred for Bond (really really).
    GLA/Greater London Authority Building, London City Hall.
    South Africa bombing related to the 9-Eyes vote.
    The fun new parade in Mexico that became popular when OO7 blew up a city block and caused a chopper to dangerously buzz the audience.

Good point! The Day of the Dead parade and flushable protein shakes were definitely uniquely Spectre.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Yeah especially David's body language is telling very telling that he knows something we don't :-/

Also, the audience's cheer to his reaction and response. Seems like Stephen Colbert was just jumping on the bandwagon of the idea of a new Bond, pretty much assuming every rumor regarding Bond is actual fact. He was pretty presumptuous in stating that Craig was finished. I loved David's reaction there.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    It looks like Ben wishaw has something going on in January 2018 a 2019 release is looking likely http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4210000/Q-jumps-James-Bond-Bard.html
    I'd prefer they keep Omega instead of Rolex for Bond 25. I hate those cyclops magnifiers they put over the date on Rolex and I like Omega's designs better. Craig's had a Seamaster Planet Ocean in 3 007 films which turned into the Seamaster 300 for Spectre. He's also worn the Aqua Terra twice, so he actually does have some consistency.
  • ToTheRight wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Also, the audience's cheer to his reaction and response. Seems like Stephen Colbert was just jumping on the bandwagon of the idea of a new Bond, pretty much assuming every rumor regarding Bond is actual fact. He was pretty presumptuous in stating that Craig was finished. I loved David's reaction there.

On the Oyelowo interview, if you just read the transcript it certainly sounds like another "nobody has any idea what's going on" kind of thing, but if you watch the video, he has a big conspiratorial smile on his face and the tone of his voice more than suggests Craig is up for more. So for anybody who's wondering, watch the video, don't go by the transcript.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Some_Kind_Of_Hero: I just watched it, and, yes, the cheeky, knowing smile, says it all. DC will be back (and thank f****ing Dog for that!)

They are not Craig. Thats the difference
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 2,115
    delete
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @fjdinardo-- your comment: nail on the head. Babs treats DC as SC, the golden-laying goose of this era. He's not going anywhere.
    Does anyone know what Mendes is up to these days?

I know he has that Ferryman play thing but that won't take too long. My understanding is that the Voyeur's Motel has been scrapped even though IMDb still shows it.

I still contend Mendes is back if Craig has decided to return.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @bondjames: as you know I have said before: yes to Craig, no to Mendes. Hopefully the producers see he ran his course on the last two. Someone that can rise to DC's gifts as an actor, rather than pandering to his own mythology of the character...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,756
    All of this is sort of confusing. If Craig is back we shouldn't be looking at a LONG wait until B25... we have this helicopter info, but then Baz says B25 is a long way off. I reckon something will happen soon but I'm not sure what.

@JET007 I respect your opinion. But for the record, the no-date sub and explorer do not have the cyclops (magnifier) on them.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Guys, David smiled throughout the whole interview. Let's not read too much into things - its unlikely that he knows anything. He certainly wouldn't offer it up in an interview if he did, come on now.
    @peter, I agree with you and that's my (and quite a few member's) preference.

However, given how much creative control he was given on the last two, I think there's a high probability he's back if Craig is back.

As I've said before, Mendes has defined the Craig Bond interpretation for almost a decade, and the entire supporting cast (bar Kinnear) is his creation. That is why I contend if Craig is back, Mendes has to come back. I don't see any other way. No other director will want to handle this baggage given how personal it has become.
  • He implies that through his extensive time working together with Craig recently that Craig made it evident that he wasn't calling it quits yet. That's not a confirmation that Craig has said yes to B25, but it is a confirmation that he has not said no.