No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Now we know what happened with Spectre too & the golden compass... it was the bloody tree.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    RC7 wrote: »
    'Limbo' is perhaps how people here feel, but re. Production I would use the term 'holding pattern'. Limbo implies that it may not happen at all. Which, of course, is untrue.

Ok better term. Thanks.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    He filmed both of them, that's why they were such trainwrecks and not even remotely close to the quality of the first movie. The sequels utilized some poor ideas (surely Besson's script-writing wasn't helping at this stage, however), on top of far-fetched nonsense, poor CGI that was uncalled for, and editing that, to the detractors, makes QoS look like it was shot in one take with no cuts.

The only film I enjoyed from Megaton is Columbiana, and that's mostly because of Zoe kicking ass and looking hot while doing so.

He seems to have a knack for making piss-poor franchises out of films that are on the guilty-pleasure level of quality. Both Taken and The Transporter are guilty pleasures for me because of their simplicity and good action. Their sequels (all hailed by Megaton) are complete rubbish.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Megaton directed the third Tranpsorter film?
  • Megaton directed the third Tranpsorter film?

What would have been more impressive is if Megatron had directed the third Transformers film. You know, sort of going the Clint Eastwood/Ben Affleck route...

What would have been more impressive is if Megatron had directed the third Transformers film. You know, sort of going the Clint Eastwood/Ben Affleck route...
    =))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

=))

Haha, now I'm picturing a moment from the set in my head where Megatron is directing Optimus on how best to kick his ass during an action sequence. :))
    They're working on a story inspired by Trump. US President working for the Russians. The Mnachurian candidate retold Bond style
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    17.1 K comments on No News, that's silly.
    I am silly too, so it's ok.
    17.1 K comments on No News, that's silly.
    I am silly too, so it's ok.
    That's no news, Your Lordship.
  • Megaton directed the third Tranpsorter film?

=))

Haha, now I'm picturing a moment from the set in my head where Megatron is directing Optimus on how best to kick his ass during an action sequence. :))

Yes, and I think the Decepticons would have ultimately been shown in a more positive light.
    There's no news...like bad news.
  • FWIW, Sony says it won't sell movie business despite executive change.

http://bit.ly/2iRASKe
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    FWIW, Sony says it won't sell movie business despite executive change.

Thanks for posting. From that link, the following:

"Pascal was a producer of last year’s Ghostbusters movies, which Sony hoped would become a franchise. That’s now considered unlikely after generating worldwide box office of about $229 million."

Where do they find these idiots?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    bondjames wrote: »

Thanks for posting. From that link, the following:

"Pascal was a producer of last year’s Ghostbusters movies, which Sony hoped would become a franchise. That’s now considered unlikely after generating worldwide box office of about $229 million."

Where do they find these idiots?

Twentieth Century Fox I think. ....but yes.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Sony still interested with MGM on bond distribution deal says spy command https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/sony-says-it-wont-sell-movie-business/
  • Getafix wrote: »
    They're working on a story inspired by Trump. US President working for the Russians. The Mnachurian candidate retold Bond style

Bond links up with Putin and Trump to crush Angela Burq'elfeld and the EU. Such lovely sport.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Getafix wrote: »

Bond links up with Putin and Trump to crush Angela Burq'elfeld and the EU. Such lovely sport.
    I'd prefer Bond to stay away from real world politics, but would be very much open to a female villain in Angie's mold (at least physically).
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Ben Affleck 'would love to direct a Bond film'.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I would welcome it.
    Perhaps in a galaxy far far away.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    After he's done directing a Star Wars film.
    Star Wars film, he's done direct.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Hollywood's Merger Mania: Inside the Studios' "Size Anxiety," Scramble to Match Silicon Valley
    hollywoodreporter.com/features/hollywoods-merger-mania-inside-studios-size-anxiety-scramble-match-silicon-valley-963241

Lionsgate, meanwhile, has its eye on MGM or Viacom's Paramount Pictures, though bankers say the studio may well attract a buyer first.

Thanks for the updates, though I'm debating whether or not I should include these items in the timeline as they lack a direct relation to B25 itself. What do you guys think?

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It can't hurt to add them. Might make it interesting to see what does play out in the near future, if any of this talk was correct or not.

Hell, we've gone 570 pages discussing something, surely all of this talk wasn't directly related to B25.
    Fair point. I'll have it updated at some point today.
    It's why it's nice to add as much as possible, because it's always fun going back after the new film comes out, reading all the old rumors to see what panned out and what didn't.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Indeed! It's always a blast whenever I revisit the B24 production timeline for the very same reason.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Indeed! It's always a blast whenever I revisit the B24 production timeline for the very same reason.

I recall joining back in 2011, and my first post was a link (they were rumors at this point, I think) regarding Bardem joining the film as a villain, Harris joining as Moneypenny, and more, and ALL of that ended up coming true for SF. Very fun to go back and cross-check it all, for sure.

• Creasy47 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

I recall joining back in 2011, and my first post was a link (they were rumors at this point, I think) regarding Bardem joining the film as a villain, Harris joining as Moneypenny, and more, and ALL of that ended up coming true for SF. Very fun to go back and cross-check it all, for sure.

Here's a post that cross checks quite a bit related to Skyfall.

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/updated-our-final-skyfall-accuracy-checklist-spoilers/