No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

timmer wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    What does this confirmation statement mean on bond 25 limited? https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09577149
    Good catch!
    The film lives!!! As a registered numbered filed entity!

Bond always lives. People who are thinking that EON Productions is always, for at least 1,5 years, locked up in a huge wintersleep.....after the events of a new Bond film, really should become less naive :-). Natasha Phelon for instance is more or less working all day at EON House (as receptionist/assistant). Andrew Noakes is working at this very moment, visiting Abu-Dhabi on behalf of EON:
    [img][/img]15eVugk.png
    Michael's son Greg Wilson is already doing most day-to-day activities for EON. John Roebuck needs to continuously work on the accountancy dep. of EON, including filing annual reports.

So EON is active always....and never sleeps. However, all these ongoing activities do not necessarily mean Bond #25 is in production. Nor does it mean that the real pre-production is taking place at this very moment. So the movie industry isn't that black-and-white. Just be patient :-).
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    Guys, go and watch a Bond film.

Over on the MI6 Bondathon thread we are joyously watching and talking about the series, and it's proving to be terrific fun.

On here everyone is fretting about the next film (fretting officially began on 1st November 2015), rather than wallowing in the glory of this magnificent series.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If 2018 is gone, then I hope to God they recast and start with a fully realized Bond again. Waiting another 4 years (starting in 2015 of course) for a fifth Craig film would just be so depressing. I really feel like the Craig arc was complete with Skyfall, with Bond going going from a undisciplined rookie to becoming the one man the country could rely on. It was a neat little trilogy of films that diverted from the usual course and told a more personal story of Bond's development and maturation. But that was enough for me. While I enjoyed SPECTRE, and especially some of the more traditional Bond elements they added in, nothing could take away from the fact that it was another Craig Bond film, and this time there didn't seem to be anything justifying it. It existed to justify it's own existence, rather than because there was still an fundamental question left unanswered. Stringing this out for another nearly half a decade just to keep a popular face in the tux is the opposite of a brave and bold choice. We need fresh blood.
    I tend to agree with you @Mendes4Lyfe, but I'm not so concerned either way.

I think SP was more about Blofeld than it was about Craig's Bond. Just like SF was more about M than it was about Bond. To me it was a Blofeld origin story of sorts, for the new generation of fans that came along for the Bond ride after SF.

So they can either all come back and take this story forward further, or go for the clean break. I'd prefer the latter, but if they go for the former, they have a chance at redemption, at least for this life long fan. So either way, it works for me.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Still not ready for a recasting. I still feel Craig's Bond story is incomplete.
    Nope 2024 for the earliest :))

For release in 2025 to coincide with the 40th anniversary of AVTAK. Bond 25 will be a shot for shot remake with the then 56/57 year old Craig playing Roger's Bond. Filming in San Francisco. Unlike most current films the climax will not be a CGI Golden Gate Bridge, rather Eon is going to dust of the old miniatures and scales down sets and re use those.

I really feel like we would have heard something by now if they were aiming for a 2018 release. EON are sneaky, that's true, but no one is this sneaky. In order to hit 2018, they would pretty much have to be ready to shoot by the end of the year.

If 2018 is gone, then I hope to God they recast and start with a fully realized Bond again. Waiting another 4 years (starting in 2015 of course) for a fifth Craig film would just be so depressing. I really feel like the Craig arc was complete with Skyfall, with Bond going going from a undisciplined rookie to becoming the one man the country could rely on. It was a neat little trilogy of films that diverted from the usual course and told a more personal story of Bond's development and maturation. But that was enough for me. While I enjoyed SPECTRE, and especially some of the more traditional Bond elements they added in, nothing could take away from the fact that it was another Craig Bond film, and this time there didn't seem to be anything justifying it. It existed to justify it's own existence, rather than because there was still an fundamental question left unanswered. Stringing this out for another nearly half a decade just to keep a popular face in the tux is the opposite of a brave and bold choice. We need fresh blood.

The issue is we have heard things my guess is right now EON are looking at various treatments/scripts

We know they meet with Guy Rithchie for directing Bond 25 so yeah we will see what happens next but to say we have heard nothing is silly
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That is just a rumour. Eon never met with Guy Ritchie. I don't believe they met with any director.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yea, I don't mean this as a jab against anyone but I think we are just grasping hoping for news.

I don't blame anyone for that ....I'm just the same.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I am, too. But we've been hitting the same mud without any results. Why not open a thread and discuss a fan fiction story written by the fans instead? That's more productive. This is just poisonous for the mind and mentality.

Just look at @Gustav_Graves' work. He spent his time constructing an utterly brilliant script I had a jaw dropping experience reading it. So, why shouldn't we go ahead with the same route instead of jabbering the same old things?
  • I'd rather read speculation than people complaining about it. Yeah the discussion is pretty played out at this point but nobody is forcing any of you to read it. You're all free to ignore it until some actual news is posted (@jake24 will put it in the title when it does). Until then I don't see what the problem is with harmless speculation and venting frustration at how long it takes them to get the ball rolling nowadays.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'd rather read speculation than people complaining about it. Yeah the discussion is pretty played out at this point but nobody is forcing any of you to read it. You're all free to ignore it until some actual news is posted (@jake24 will put it in the title when it does). Until then I don't see what the problem is with harmless speculation and venting frustration at how long it takes them to get the ball rolling nowadays.
    Took the words out of my mouth, @thelivingroyale.
    I'd rather read speculation than people complaining about it. Yeah the discussion is pretty played out at this point but nobody is forcing any of you to read it. You're all free to ignore it until some actual news is posted (@jake24 will put it in the title when it does). Until then I don't see what the problem is with harmless speculation and venting frustration at how long it takes them to get the ball rolling nowadays.

I didn't mean we shouldn't per se. ...just saying that we are all desperate for news and that at times we get a bit tense.

This thread obviously can't really progress until we get news.

Its hard to discuss news if we don't have news.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Not exactly Bond 25 related, but Baz Bamigboye was at 'Othello' last night.

"SCORCHING:#DavidOyelowo & #DanielCraig are brilliant in #SamGold's prod of #Othello @NYTW79 -- It seethes with rage."

I wonder if this has something to do with his reply to @jake24?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Hmm, not sure. Baz comes out with new articles every Thursday morning, so I'd keep a look out for something within the next 24 hours.
    I am, too. But we've been hitting the same mud without any results. Why not open a thread and discuss a fan fiction story written by the fans instead? That's more productive. This is just poisonous for the mind and mentality.

Just look at @Gustav_Graves' work. He spent his time constructing an utterly brilliant script I had a jaw dropping experience reading it. So, why shouldn't we go ahead with the same route instead of jabbering the same old things?

Well, it can still use some touch-ups @ClarkDevlin ;-). But thank you hehe
    Looking forward to the final draft, GG.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,512

The frustration isn't with the speculation, necessarily, it's simply with people writing the same thing over and over and over and over and over again, ad infinitum. I suspect others, like myself, pop in here when they see a great many new posts (regardless of a title change - which, incidentally, is usually a red herring based on equally baseless speculation) to see what's going down. It's easy to say, 'ignore it', but when there are new posts I read them all - firstly because I do actually care if anyone has anything interesting to say and secondly because I don't want to state things that have already been stated. That's essentially why it can be a bit of pain in the arse trudging through the same back and forth, back and forth, about nothing.

No one here is going to stop people speculating, but from where I'm sitting it does seem like a few people would do well to get some air, watch a Bond, read a Fleming, what have you... rather than concern themselves with this world of faux gossip. People are getting themselves worked about untruths, which, to me, seems pointless.

Incidentally this thread has given me an idea for the B25 title - 'Strawclutcher'.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    For some, the speculation and back and forth is in itself a form of therapy. I don't have a problem with it, repetitive though it may become.

This is a popular thread for a reason. Far more popular than other threads with more 'substantive' discussions.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    It doesn't bother me either, occasionally some good comments pop up,and it is a frustrating time for all.
    I have a look now and again,and comment if need be,waiting for that first moment of real speculation...its exciting and frustrating at the same time haha !!
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    For some, the speculation and back and forth is in itself a form of therapy. I don't have a problem with it, repetitive though it may become.

I've taught you to love chickens, to love their flesh, their voice...
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It's strange but we have the same thing every time.

We had pages of speculation before Spectre. Then everyone moves on to a different thread to slag it off, and a new thread is opened to speculate on the next film.

Circle of life.
    Chickens? Maybe.... But as soon as we get news I'm sure we're gobble it up :D ~:>

....wait that's a turkey. Nevermind....
    As long as nobody gets too frustrated and types : "oh cluck this !! "
    The most annoying sign of repetition in this thread is those who constantly come in to moan about it. There are threads meant for discussing all aspects of cinematic Bond, there are threads meant for discussing literary Bond, there are threads meant for discussing the comic world, the gaming world, story treatments (such as Gustav's, for which every member in this place should take a look), and there are threads meant for discussing the future of Bond. I know of many eager Bond fans, inside and outside of this forum, who rely on this thread for weekly news and rumours for Bond 25. That's not to say that we should be susceptible to believing everything that we read, but I fail to see any wrong-doing in some harmless speculation. For those that moan about this thread on a daily basis, what can I say? I hope that you're able to begin developing the will power to avoid clicking on the discussion whenever you see a multitude of new comments, not to mention my slew of ever-misleading titles.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Bravo @jake24 ...well said Sir !! =D> =D>
    James Bond will return ... some time.
  • RC7RC7
    jake24 wrote: »
    I hope that you're able to begin developing the will power to avoid clicking on the discussion whenever you see a multitude of new comments, not to mention my slew of ever-misleading titles.

If you can PM when I'm allowed back in, that would be most helpful.
    Drop in whenever you'd like, @RC7, as I enjoy what you have to bring to the table. As long as what you have to say is constructive.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    NicNac wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Guys, go and watch a Bond film.

Over on the MI6 Bondathon thread we are joyously watching and talking about the series, and it's proving to be terrific fun.

On here everyone is fretting about the next film (fretting officially began on 1st November 2015), rather than wallowing in the glory of this magnificent series.

@NicNac, indeed. The mission statement @Creasy47 and I operated under to get the Bondathon going was motivated by the both of us being sick of hearing Bond 25 mewling. Out of something infuriating came the wonderful and enthralling.
    bondjames wrote: »

This is a popular thread for a reason. Far more popular than other threads with more 'substantive' discussions.

Therapy? Interesting comparison, though it's no great wonder why this thread is popular. You never need to convince people to show up and bugger on about the negatives in a psychologically self-indulgent way. In the age of Facebook everybody thinks their word matters, and they must share it over and over again, in case it wasn't properly expressed the first thousand times. No need to worry about having good sense in their posts, researching the film industry to have an opinion worth reading, or the like. It would be nice if that changed for some, but I won't hold my breath. This time next week we'll still have people who frankly don't know how filmmaking works complaining that there's no script, no casting news, etc, forgetting all the eggs that have to be in a line before all that is explored in a production. And we'll still have people even more infuriatingly presuming that EON are sitting on their asses, twiddling their thumbs. Now that really sets me off.

Another thing. People always say things like, "It's taking so long this time," and "Cubby wouldn't have put us in this situation," but really, folks, what the hell do we have to compare this to? I can assure you that if the internet of today with all its communication capabilities (and lamebrain posters) was around for people to complain through during the 60s, 70s and 80s of Bond, we would be experiencing the same dissatisfaction, impatience, confusion and upheaval we are now, if not worse. People would be typing away at how Pleasence's Blofeld failed to meet expectations set by the early Blofelds, and how OHMSS and Tracy's death was tarnished and disgraced by the 70s, on top of how stupid Bond in space is and how old Grandpa Roger was getting on in the role.

Simply because the cancerous nature of the internet has only been open to us for a relatively short time, it feels like productions are moving slower, are more hidden from us, than they really are. Just like how crime is steadily falling yet all we hear on the news is depressing tragedies, shootings, etc. We've been had, tricked into thinking things appear as they do not. I wish the internet was around following Sean's refusal to do any more Bond following YOLT. Can you imagine the utter paralytic anger people would've expressed on forums such as this one day and night? What would people have said after George left after one film? Christ, they'd be wondering what'd happened to the series, likely proclaiming that without Connery, the end was nigh. How would they react to the tonal change in the Moore era from Connery's films, or Dalton's suddenly more earnest Bond, and the big dog of them all, the biggest hiatus in Bond history post-1989? It would be an utter madhouse on the interwebs, a space so full of incoherent, gasping cries, wild gesticulations and shrill shouts that one would believe they were locked inside an inescapable zoo with no key in sight to free them.

In comparison to what we have now, I think we have it a lot better than what fans of other decades would've had to be put through. And older fans didn't get the chance to angrily shout about re-castings, production waits, casting choices, tonal changes, and loads more on forums like this, to shout angrily in the silence and hear other voices upset about the same things, knowing they weren't alone. We do have that ability, however, and we should use the opportunity with a far greater responsibility than we have. People act like the sky is falling, and it's all so damn dramatic. We are fine, all. We will make it through this. You lot are having a fit at not having news on a Bond film barely a year after its release; just let that sink in. Can you imagine sticking through the gargantuan hiatus of 1989 with that level of impatience? You'd drive yourselves mad. I'm quite frankly happy I was negative 4 years old when the hiatus began, and only two years old when GE came out, just as I'm happy the internet wasn't around so that nobody-including me-would've had to listen to all the incessant complaining that would've lit the whole system on fire.

Let's do better next time.
    The lack of film industry knowledge and those who say "Bond is dead" is rather frustrating, I can't argue with that. Luckily, we have members like yourself and ColonelSun to steer us on the right course, and to inject knowledge into the overall ignorance of how the production of a film actually operates.

However, I think you're getting yourself worked up over something that is only meant to be an innocent medium for discussing the franchise's future. I can understand how it can be frustrating for those like yourself with a certain expertise when it comes to the film industry. Maybe we need you around more often.