No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited June 2016 Posts: 12,837
    bondjames wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Spectre ending was written 2 ways. It gives Craig a nice send off if he doesnt come back, but it also left an opening with Blofeld being kept alive if Craig does come back
    It´s a pretty standart ending. All of Craig´s films played a lot with variations of "Bond leaving", this was the respective version of the typical Bond film ending with Bond spending some private time with the girl. And bringing Blofeld back after so many decades just to kill him off would have been too ridiculous indeed.

absolutely but I think it's going to be even more ridiculous to not even bring Blofeld back for the next film even if Craig doesn't. I really hope they didn't waste the Spectre storyline with this film
    I'm afraid that sin was already committed, at least imho.

Yeah the Craig era will be self contained and they won't want to introduce a new Blofeld and SPECTRE straight away (could confuse the audience plus it was just done). I don't think we'll see SPECTRE again for at least another couple of films. Which to me is fine. I loved SP so I don't see it as a waste, and I like the idea of Blofeld and co being a special attraction that they use every now and again more than I do them being wheeled out every film. Last time I watched them all I got quite bored of Blofeld and Spectre during the Connery/Lazenby era and was surprised when I realised that Kananga was only the second non Spectre/Blofeld antagonist, with the first one being Goldfinger nearly ten years before.

The Craig being axed rumours are interesting if only because he always seemed on really good terms with the producers. Definitely more than Brosnan was. I think more likely is that he quit himself, but it'll be interesting to read the full story when it inevitably all comes out. I can see how him sticking his oar in creatively would be a pain (isn't this one of the reasons Edward Norton is called difficult to work with) but to be fair it's always been said that he has more influence behind the scenes than any other actors. I assumed they were on board with that, having someone more dedicated to quality control. Maybe he asked for too much control this time? I dunno, I'm not buying this one.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    There was something strange about that December SP press conference. The one where Craig walked out looking like Tintin (with the sweater). I had a feeling (gut instinct) at that point that he was done. I don't know why, but I don't think he said anything there, except posing for photos, and there have been limited photos or press calls with him and the producers for a while (even during the SP rollout) if I recall.

Something just went off in my mind at that point.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    There was something strange about that December SP press conference. The one where Craig walked out looking like Tintin (with the sweater). I had a feeling (gut instinct) at that point that he was done. I don't know why, but I don't think he said anything there, except posing for photos, and there have been limited photos or press calls with him and the producers for a while (even during the SP rollout) if I recall.

Good point. I don't recall him having any joint interviews with Barbara or Michael.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ggl007 wrote: »
    And what about this?

Yesterday, a Facebook post with an unnamed source confirmed he's in talks. Today, a Facebook post with an unnamed source confirmed he's in talks. Tomorrow, I shall make a Facebook post and link you all, where I confirm that I'm the next James Bond.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Maybe Craig's off to play Tintin. If so, you heard it here first, folks! ;)
    I should start my own internet rumor.

You heard it here first, folks. Timothy Dalton will return as James Bond in 2018. From what my sources are telling me, it's a three picture deal with a studio option for a fourth. ;)
    jake24 wrote: »

Good point. I don't recall him having any joint interviews with Barbara or Michael.

Yeah it just seemed to be DC and Sam Mendes doing interviews together. Could be something in this, or maybe just reading too much into it.
  • RC7RC7
    The 'Hiddleston screen testing and being offered the part' guff, is exactly that. It's false. Fact.
    Michael was sick and I don't believe, Babs is too keen to do press and Sam took over with Daniel. She was her adoring self reg DC as far as I remember it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    And what about this?

Yesterday, a Facebook post with an unnamed source confirmed he's in talks. Today, a Facebook post with an unnamed source confirmed he's in talks. Tomorrow, I shall make a Facebook post and link you all, where I confirm that I'm the next James Bond.

I thought tomorrow you were going to buy six dozen red roses for Pola.
    My mistake

;) ;)
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm waiting for the next Turner rumour to drop. That'll get us all wagging in the other direction surely, and also bring back our beloved fan member. Where is he by the way? Still with us I hope, after all the no doubt depressing news for him over the weekend.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Benny, that, too! I can't forget that.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'm waiting for the next Turner rumour to drop. That'll get us all wagging in the other direction surely, and also bring back our beloved fan member. Where is he by the way? Still with us I hope, after all the no doubt depressing news for him over the weekend.

Taking solace in the arms of Gideon?

If/when any other actor besides Turner played bond in bond 25 (Craig, Hardy, Hiddleston, Fassbender) I am sure Mendes will dissapear from our forum for good sadly
    Yes, brings a tear to my eye.
    He is trying really hard. Doesn't get even the slightest tickle out of this girl though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tom-hiddleston-boxers-w-magazine_us_5767ea8de4b0fbbc8beadb4e
    Daniel Craig has walked away from the Bond role; Tom Hiddleston shot a Bond screen-test about a month ago at Pinewood Studios; Barbara Broccoli has offered Hiddleston the role.

https://www.facebook.com/007-MAGAZINE-95915333105/?fref=nf
    It's true. All of it.

Daniel Craig has walked away from the Bond role; Tom Hiddleston shot a Bond screen-test about a month ago at Pinewood Studios; Barbara Broccoli has offered Hiddleston the role.

It's true. All of it.

How do you know for sure?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm not supposed to reveal it, but my best friend Roger Moore told me he will play 007 in Bond 25.
    Thing is, if we continue bullshitting each other, this will be even more of as mess
    It's really amusing to see all these people here acting like it was a random anonymous teenager who reported that Craig is out, and that Hiddleston did a screen test. Do you even know who Graham Rye is? The guy is never wrong. Period.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's really amusing to see all these people here acting like it was a random anonymous teenager who reported that Craig is out, and that Hiddleston did a screen test. Do you even know who Graham Rye is? The guy is never wrong. Period.
    Yep!!
    edited June 2016 Posts: 17,808
    Well yes, 007 Magazine is a good, reliable source but there's just been so much over-speculation and disinformation that you can, I think, excuse people being skeptical.
    He MIGHT be right and I haven't seen too many, downright putting him aside. But blind belief is not helpful either.
  • RC7RC7
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It's true. All of it.

How do you know for sure?

Trust me. It's BS. I cannot disclose sources, for obvious reasons, but it was discussed on a job I was on at the weekend.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

It's true. All of it.
    ForceAwakens7Text.gif
    I swear a philosophy course can come out of this thread
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Germanlady wrote: »
    He is trying really hard. Doesn't get even the slightest tickle out of this girl though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tom-hiddleston-boxers-w-magazine_us_5767ea8de4b0fbbc8beadb4e
    It's a bit much, no doubt. Having said that, I'm impressed, from a purely aspirational point of view.
  • RC7RC7

He's wrong this time I'm afraid to say.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

I wouldn't be surprised if half the people on here have never heard of him to be honest.

Certainly the likes of @Mendes wouldn't have a clue while they are cheering that some local rag in Winnipeg has just run a story saying Turner has been spotted in Savile Row getting measured for suits.

Personally I'm torn. I can't imagine Graham Rye running with this unless he was sure but I also can't imagine someone at EON letting it slip.

Does anyone know what Graham's relationship is with them these days? I know back in the pre internet days it was good with him getting access to premiere tickets and such (TND in my tux inches away as Pierce walked past. Cheers Graham!) but I think the rise of sites like this must have hit him quite hard so it's good that he has kept it going.

I doubt Graham would want to jeopardise any relationship with EON by leaking the story (which would certainly annoy them) even if his source was rock solid so it's all a bit strange.