No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I have to admit that Hiddleswift makes it a little less likely. Too much press, and not the good kind? Regardless, I'm pretty sure Craig is out. Whether Hiddle is in is anyone's guess imho.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    It's probably best to take this rumour with a pinch of Stacey Sutton rock-salt right now. Maybe even two pinches.

For more on the current situation with Craig, this recent Yahoo Movies UK discussion sheds fairly good light on the state of play....

https://www.facebook.com/YahooUK/videos/1209383629095766/
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Evern if I wasn't biased, this would still feel almost desperate...or not almost. It IS. Talking his bits on dispay here. The rest - why not?
    I just can't believe Craig would walk out of his contrsct
    I wonder if those Facebook posts have been signed off by Rye himself, there are other people working there right? I mean the man posted this on his Twitter account

The media scrum about Daniel Craig leaving the James Bond role is speculation until an official press release is issued by Eon Productions.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Evern if I wasn't biased, this would still feel almost desperate...or not almost. It IS. Talking his bits on dispay here. The rest - why not?
    Arguably Craig himself gave all these chaps the idea after the infamous beach shot in CR. The auditioning process seems to be changing these days in response.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @tanaka123, exactly why I'm not taking his word 100%. You can't tell people not to believe anything outside of an official confirmation while expecting people to believe some scoop you got from an anonymous source.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I just can't believe Craig would walk out of his contrsct

There IS no contract - just an OPEN one.

tanaka123 wrote: »
    So now its more input - MORE?

http://www.thebookbond.com/2016/06/craig-is-indeed-out-but-not-for-reasons.html

This totally doesn't sound like Daniel - come on.

This guy states, he has no relationship with EON and co and wasn't involved with Bond much before, just knows some people. I would bet all my money, that its not true. Whatever got him the co-prod, it was earned by him and given freely. How much more could anybody want anyeway? He has had his little hands in every aspect already.

So - before someone else posts it, here my opinion on it. Another bullocks. Gosh, I hope, this ends -just to end all this bs. As far as I am concerned, let Mickey Mouse or Donald have it, but make An end!

Sounds rubbish to me too, but it's now the second place I've seen it suggested that Craig's walking away because he can't have the creative control he wants.

This is basically exactly what I was told by my family member whose company works with film producers, as outlined in my previous comment :/

You guys know me. You know I don't ever, EVER post hogwash or gossip. Especially not as far as this is concerned, which is about the worst possible news for me as a Bond fan.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I thought the IN OUT debate was about Britain in Europe, when in fact it's about Daniel Craig and Tom Hiddlestone. Live and learn

• edited June 2016 Posts: 6,601
    If there is one thing I learned after followeing the man for close to 10 years - its never about power as such with him. His has a rather small ego, he doesn't need the "shit" - what he does need is the feeling to to be given the opportunity to do, what he feels, is best for the role. Soe might say, it not always showed reg the outcome, but that is beyond the point. So - IF there is some grain of truth in this, its certainly has more layers to it, then can be expressed in one sentence - to do it justice, that is.
    If there is one thing I learned after followeing the man for close to 10 years - its never about power as such with him. His has a rather small ego, he doesn't need the "shit" - what he does need is the feeling to to be given the opportunity to do, what he feels, is best for the role. Soe might say, it not always showed reg the outcome, but that is beyond the point. So - IF there is some grain of truth in this, its certainly has more layers to it, then can be expressed in one sentence - to do it justice, that is.
    That makes sense. He has actually been given quite a lot of creative control on the films, and they have gone in a certain direction (some more successful than others in my view). If they are hoping to recentre it back in a more predictable universe, I can see him not wanting to play with it any more.

In a way, he was given a lot of rope with SP, and to some extent perhaps he wasn't all that happy with what happened with it.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    It's really amusing to see all these people here acting like it was a random anonymous teenager who reported that Craig is out, and that Hiddleston did a screen test. Do you even know who Graham Rye is? The guy is never wrong. Period.

I wouldn't be surprised if half the people on here have never heard of him to be honest.

Certainly the likes of @Mendes wouldn't have a clue while they are cheering that some local rag in Winnipeg has just run a story saying Turner has been spotted in Savile Row getting measured for suits.

Personally I'm torn. I can't imagine Graham Rye running with this unless he was sure but I also can't imagine someone at EON letting it slip.

Does anyone know what Graham's relationship is with them these days? I know back in the pre internet days it was good with him getting access to premiere tickets and such (TND in my tux inches away as Pierce walked past. Cheers Graham!) but I think the rise of sites like this must have hit him quite hard so it's good that he has kept it going.

I doubt Graham would want to jeopardise any relationship with EON by leaking the story (which would certainly annoy them) even if his source was rock solid so it's all a bit strange.

I usually don't pay much attention to rumours, but this one, and the person behind it, Rye, makes me wonder.

• RC7RC7
    royale65 wrote: »
    It's really amusing to see all these people here acting like it was a random anonymous teenager who reported that Craig is out, and that Hiddleston did a screen test. Do you even know who Graham Rye is? The guy is never wrong. Period.

I wouldn't be surprised if half the people on here have never heard of him to be honest.

Certainly the likes of @Mendes wouldn't have a clue while they are cheering that some local rag in Winnipeg has just run a story saying Turner has been spotted in Savile Row getting measured for suits.

Personally I'm torn. I can't imagine Graham Rye running with this unless he was sure but I also can't imagine someone at EON letting it slip.

Does anyone know what Graham's relationship is with them these days? I know back in the pre internet days it was good with him getting access to premiere tickets and such (TND in my tux inches away as Pierce walked past. Cheers Graham!) but I think the rise of sites like this must have hit him quite hard so it's good that he has kept it going.

I doubt Graham would want to jeopardise any relationship with EON by leaking the story (which would certainly annoy them) even if his source was rock solid so it's all a bit strange.

I usually don't pay much attention to rumours, but this one, and the person behind it, Rye, makes me wonder.

The Hiddleston rumours are not true.
    Of course not this is all a smoke screen for Craig and company to create Mendes opus

Shatterhand with Anthony Hopkins as Blofeld Grandfather who also hates bond because he caused his son to be murdered by his grand son
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Thing is, if we continue bullshitting each other, this will be even more of as mess

Uh, it's already a mess and it always is. This happens all the time when it comes to Bond. It's part of the whole circus surrounding the brand/ip.

What's fascinating is people seem to think this can all be avoided or prevented. It can't and it won't, unless EoN themselves change their tactics and start squashing every rumour that springs up.

These "news", rumours and what have you is something we all have to ride through....each and every time.
    Of course not this is all a smoke screen for Craig and company to create Mendes opus
    I am open to many things, but this is one I'm sincerely not hoping for. I'm done with Mendes.
    Good then, that he is done, too ;))
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    The only official facts we know for certain are that Craig was contracted for a 5th film years ago and is currently the incumbent Bond actor. That's it. Why all this drama on tabloid nonsense? I can understand speculating at this point but the thread's constantly changing title is becoming exhausting.

Was he contracted or just had the option of doing number 5? Not sure it was as solid as a bona fide contract.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    The only official facts we know for certain are that Craig was contracted for a 5th film years ago and is currently the incumbent Bond actor. That's it. Why all this drama on tabloid nonsense? I can understand speculating at this point but the thread's constantly changing title is becoming exhausting.

Was he contracted or just had the option of doing number 5? Not sure it was as solid as a bona fide contract.

At the time it came across like a solid contract for a fifth, but it would seem it's more like first refusal to doing the next one.
    MW said, he has an open contract now.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    So much back and forth and no comment from EoN or Craig.

Wait and see.

~O)
    The Craig being axed rumours are interesting if only because he always seemed on really good terms with the producers. Definitely more than Brosnan was. I think more likely is that he quit himself, but it'll be interesting to read the full story when it inevitably all comes out. I can see how him sticking his oar in creatively would be a pain (isn't this one of the reasons Edward Norton is called difficult to work with) but to be fair it's always been said that he has more influence behind the scenes than any other actors. I assumed they were on board with that, having someone more dedicated to quality control. Maybe he asked for too much control this time? I dunno, I'm not buying this one.

I have no idea about Norton - I've seen people on various forums claim he's supposedly difficult to work with, but never anything concrete (as in... difficult in what way, and who actually has said he is), so I have no idea if there's any truth in it at all. (I'm curious, though, and would like to know.)

I see no problem with actors contributing even a lot creatively as long as they don't try to run the show and as long as they give the director/producers the final say. So "sticking an oar in creatively" is not necessarily a bad thing at all, and can be a very good thing. Depends on what the actor wants to add and contribute and how he goes about it.

Some actors want to take part in different ways, ask questions, offer suggestions, add/change lines, do things that may be unexpected, disagree and discuss... but they won't push it too much, and ultimately accept what the director decides. It's collaboration and it's a good thing. My understanding is that Craig is that kind of an actor. (As opposed to actors who learn their lines and all that, do what they're told, but not more, either.)

I'm also not buying that it would have suddenly become a problem.

• SasSas
    Will we get an announcement about the (new?) James Bond this month or is that unlikely?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Sas wrote: »
    Will we get an announcement about the (new?) James Bond this month or is that unlikely?

The chances are incredibly slim. But I suppose anything can happen.
    We are getting announcement some time this month according to a Facebook fan page
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    We are getting announcement some time this month according to a Facebook fan page

In other words, no confirmation on an announcement, and it's as likely to come next week as it is six months from now.
    Well if we want to be obvious lol
    There are still 10 days left in this month, and it has been quite an eventful one to date. I believe we will get some morsel before the end of the month or at least shortly. It may not be what we are all expecting, but we'll get something, I'd venture to guess.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

In other words, no confirmation on an announcement, and it's as likely to come next week as it is six months from now.

I thought you said earlier today that you were being announced as the new Bond tomorrow. ;)

I even took the day off work and everything to watch the press conference and discuss the news here. I figured it had to be true. A guy on the internet said it was. I'm so confused now. ;) :)