It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
^ Back to Top
The MI6 Community is unofficial and in no way associated or linked with EON Productions, MGM, Sony Pictures, Activision or Ian Fleming Publications. Any views expressed on this website are of the individual members and do not necessarily reflect those of the Community owners. Any video or images displayed in topics on MI6 Community are embedded by users from third party sites and as such MI6 Community and its owners take no responsibility for this material.
James Bond News • James Bond Articles • James Bond Magazine
Call me a Craig-era fanboy - but I am 100% happy with what I heard today. The stream was a little short, but the trailers and other bits we saw were good. Maybe we‘ll get some behind the scenes interviews during production.
Can‘t wait to go and see this movie next year!!
That’s so true! :))
When did he say that?
I think he is his usual self, restrained and relaxed. He will give a great performance (as before) and concentrate on the job, rather than on silly questions. Loved his DB5 answer.
It really does look better. But he should take some hints from Fukunaga. He looked impeccable, specially in those loafers and with that particularly fresh handkerchief. That being said, how on earth did Craig get from what he looked doing Knives Out to this? He looks like a million bucks, doesn't he?
Tennis shoes with a suit? Oh Daniel for Christ's sake!!!
Lynch was fine and quite badass in Captain Marvel. It’s pretty obvious she will play the MI6 agent (007 temporarily replacement perhaps?).
It'll be a sequel only regarding that since Bond retired when he threw his gun away and drove off with Swann. I don't want to see any continuation of past Craig stories sans a few mentions. Just don't base this plot around Spectre
The synopsis reads: Felix Leiter pulls Bond out of retirement and they go on a deadly mission together. Clearly Billy Magnussen is going to play some sort of unscrupulous CIA operative who is working alongside Leiter who probably ends up betraying him. My guess is that Ana De Armas will most likely be a henchwoman and not a Bond Girl, unless Léa Seydoux takes a backseat throughout the entire movie and subsequently frees up the vacant spot. So where does Lashana Lynch fit into this? She could easily be a contact operative in Jamaica. Maybe she plays Leiter's wife? Also, the rumour that Eon were gunning for Lupita Nyong'o for a part, makes me think Lynch's role is as an American and not a Brit, even though Lynch is British she can play Americans also. And where does Dali Benssalah fit in? Seriously, I have no idea. I'm just chewing over the cast and wondering what roles they might play. The only role type we know for sure is Rami Malek's as he's gone on US TV stating it.
- NO Shatterhand & NO Waltz! Yes! Yes! Yes! I was right + I don't have to go into exile. Complete disaster has been averted and Bond 25 won't be Spectre Part 2.
- No David Arnold! The fact that they don't have a composer yet pretty much guarantees Arnold won't return. Thank god!
- Rami Malek! Rami Malek! Rami Malek! I have no doubt he will be an excellent villain. Also, he seemed the most excited about the movie, by far!
- Few locations! It seems they won't return to Norway later + lots of rumoured locations such as Greece, Spain, Tunesia, Dubrovnik (I wonder what their mayor thinks now! :)) ) are out. 99% of the movie will be shot in just 3 countries (including the UK)! Very refreshing after way too many locations in Spectre.
- Lots of crew members who were hired by Danny Boyle are still on board! Mark Tildesley, Suttirat Anne Larlarb were definitely hired by Boyle and editor Elliot Graham was probably hired by him too. (Btw, why the need for two editors?) So Danny Boyle will forever be a part of Bond 25's story.
- It seems our director will get a writing credit! A first!
- I'm sensing this will be a smaller scale and quirkier movie than Skyfall and Spectre were.
- No title. What?? What's bad about this is not that we don't know the title yet. What's bad is that they don't know the title yet depsite the fact that they had a ridiculous amount of time to come up with one. I would have been fine with "we know the title but we are not ready to announce it yet". There is only one key player working on Bond 25 who has not had at least months yet to come up with a title: Phoebe Waller-Bridge. She only started working on the film very recently, so I think if someone will come up with a great title in the coming weeks/months, it will be her.
- No writing credit for John Hodge.
- Way too many good guys. M, Moneypenny, Q, Tanner, Leiter. Too much!
- Craig's shoes. What on Earth was he thinking? More importantly: why did nobody stop him? The always dapper Fukunaga must have been shaking his head when he first saw him wearing those shoes with the suit!
Jeffrey Wright/Felix is back
David Dencik. Finaly another ''friendly villian' of Bond ?
Lashanna Lynch. Disapointed the time she get.
Dali Benssalah till the moment it be confirmd Malek is in.
Michael G Wilson whas part of it, for rest same as always.
Wish there show more of Goldeneye, but beach looks nice and i am happy whas not so cheap and over exited as with Spectre. No title, but i don't make any problem about that. Also on this moment i don't make a problem to much about the directer, next time we will see him i hope he wil a bit more exited.
Naomi Harris mabey she should have not been there at all, but for some suport of the new girls and inspecialy Ana de Armas it whas not that bad.
You can see Lashanna Lynch whas a bit disapointed with time she get.
Daniel Craig. Disapointed. Partly blamed that presenter gives him the microphone to late and then his anser about DB5- boring.
Barbara Broccoli. Standard talk.
Bond is out of mi6 because of Madeline/Lea Seydoux.
Oooh that makes sense. I was tyring to understand how that fit into the story.
PP, I wouldn't put my money on that. Serious sources are saying Waltz will be back. I've heard it from two sources presently at Jamaica. Not that anyone wants you to go into exile ;) , so you should retract on that while you can. Just saying.
There have been several hours of press junkets with the global press, following on from the live stream. Looks like each outlet was permitted to take photos with the actors as there are lots appearing on the various news aggregator services.
I've updated my post - linking to the page, not the video file. It's a condensed snippet from what has been broadcast.