It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
^ Back to Top
The MI6 Community is unofficial and in no way associated or linked with EON Productions, MGM, Sony Pictures, Activision or Ian Fleming Publications. Any views expressed on this website are of the individual members and do not necessarily reflect those of the Community owners. Any video or images displayed in topics on MI6 Community are embedded by users from third party sites and as such MI6 Community and its owners take no responsibility for this material.
James Bond News • James Bond Articles • James Bond Magazine
The lack of a title is exceedingly lame and killed much of my interest in what came after. I'm not sure why anyone is over the moon about the synopsis, which seems like more of the same.
Is that his/EON's twisty way of saying that his character is working for them? I mean, assuming he is the scientist mentioned in the synopsis, would make sense that it's Leiter that asks Bond for help...
Agree, I do get the feeling that this little line could be a little tease of sort – or maybe something to just keep fans speculating!
1. I wanted and called for Ana de Armas a couple of years ago after seeing her in BR2049. This is a big catch. I am very excited.
2. If filming is beginning in Jamaica, then it's safe to say that the cast we saw today are the ones shooting there. But Wright was not on hand, so either his scenes are later and he's not there yet, OR his scenes will be filmed at Pinewood. One could follow a pretty logical-sounding sequence of events: Bond is there with Madeleine. Leiter comes to see him. Takes him to British embassy, where Moneypenny briefs him. Somehow Lashana Lynch's character will be involved in this briefing (?).
3. Regarding the beach hut: EON wouldn't build that unless the thing is going to get shot (or blown) to hell. Keep that in mind.
4. The kidnapped scientist story is a trite storyline in film and TV, going back to Six Million Dolar Man season 1, episode 3.
5. Similarly, the story of a weather machine goes back to the first season of the animated Super Friends: The Weathermaker and continued with the awful GeoStorm starring Gerard Butler, whose career is now just about dead.
6. I'm wondering if these live feeds will continue on a random basis throughout the filming. That would be terrific.
7. And please tell me that Malek's character's feature will be long black fingernails. :-)
I didn't feel that way with the SP press conference, which seemed all too obvious, particularly Waltz (you knew he was Blofeld) and Bellucci (you just knew she would be the secondary Bond girl). These faces feel fresher.
Joan Strangways, MI6 Station Chief in Jamaica? :-D
I love Ana de Armas and suggested her as Bond girl so this is a good get.
Also exciting that Jeffrey Wright is returning.
And to have Rami Malek confirmed, of course.
But that synopsis... sounds terribly generic. A kidnapped scientist? Some evil technology?
Maybe this will be an adventure, mission-driven movie at least. I'll have to trust Fukunaga on this.
One thing Cary Fukunaga made clear was that they shot a sequence in advance in Norway due to the weather. This makes me think that the sequence comes much later in the movie, but had to be shot in advance before the snowy weather turned to warmer climes. I don't think this Norway setup is in the PTS.
what do you mean?..
I'm very happy with the cast, but EON need to hire some skilled marketing people who 'get' the internet and how to excitingly promote movies in this day and age. Those short clips released on Twitter are better than the entire conference we've witnessed today.
By Good Morning America. They're airing exclusive interviews with Craig, Harris and Fukunaga tomorrow.
Makes sense that we didn't get one because there isn't one.
Also, Ana de Armas is superb casting. So are the others. Check out Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Mr. Robot, Blade Runner 2049,...
Seydoux didn't say a word as of yet.
Brilliant, Felix is back.
13 years on and people still react badly to Craig being uncomfortable in interviews. It's just the way he is, damn it. Leave it be.
The event was just fine. Loved the sun and the overall mood. Fukunaga's loafers and suit choice were lovely. Still the best looking bloke in this production. The girls looked wonderful. All of them.
All and all, I've far more hyped now then I was before. Thank you EON.
Also that trailer with the numbers was terrific.
Nice to see another positive mind.
"Rami Malek has already done some Norway stuff." At Pinewood?
Still think there will be some personal stuff this time around. Happy for it to be as little as possible though!
I just like the fact that everything is so tight lipped. And that's what I got from this statement. Outside of Malek and Magnussen, we didn't hear anything early other than the usual cast. Which is good so we are hopefully not going to get massive leaks.
Same here. Not complaining at all with the secrecy of Bond 25 so far. It's refreshing, and makes even me – who isn't the Craig era's greatest fan, excited.
I somehow don't see the "dangerous new technology" as being anything to do with climate change, especially when mankind's presence is already a far bigger global threat than anything a scientist could come up with. What would be the point? A rogue scientist has developed a dangerous new technology that can speed-up climate change much faster than our own carbon footprint or fossil fuel companies can?
Where is the enthusiasm Moore and Brosnan had?
It's time for a new 007!